Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1585
    Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    oh yeah? when was the last time the police blew your mind with their competence?
    Fair enough, it’s more the scenario of modern electronic tools (cell towers and bank records and whatnot) plus widespread engagement of the general public
    that seems (to me, fwiw) like it might take some skill to evade.

Really, to me, the whole thing is totally perplexing on a variety of levels. Lots of unanswered questions.

If he's on the lam, he'll fuck up sooner or later and get caught. The case is too high profile.

In the meantime, we can talk about other stuff here.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

So, quick survey:

In Upper Michigan we had a period where there was informally very little traffic enforcement for covid…like, police seemed to be either under orders (or maybe they just decided) not to do traffic stops. So there were lots and lots of people driving with no license plates, driving 75 in a 55, not hooking up their trailer lights, on and on. It seems like we’re back to normal enforcement now, but I have no idea what’s going on elsewhere.

Is that systemic lack of traffic enforcement still going on in some places?

If so, it would really help a fugitive…knowing they can travel without much risk of being stopped for traffic stuff.

Yes, basically zero traffic enforcement in Portland right now. Expired tags, no plates, speeding, street racing, anything goes
    Last edited by dan_pdx; 10-11-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Yes, basically zero traffic enforcement in Portland right now. Expired tags, no plates, speeding, street racing, anything goes
    Yup, I'm very much seeing the same. No enforcement.

negative here in taxachussetts. Didn't see a drop and definitely high as usual at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    This stuff continues to give me a sense he’s connected somehow. Organized crime, intelligence, etc.
    I just can’t imagine some random young guy fumbling his way through this kind of thing so well without expert help.
    Expert help?

How long did it take us to find Bin Laden? The highest profile target on earth with the most technologically advanced teams on the planet searching.

And what did him in?? Vaccines

If he were alive today he’d be soooo antivax.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Expert help?

How long did it take us to find Bin Laden? The highest profile target on earth with the most technologically advanced teams on the planet searching.

Pffft, Obama said he was in Pakistan before he was even elected.. It just took someone with the balls to make the decision. They knew where he was but didn't want to ruffle Pakistani feathers until Obama DGAF and said do it..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

He’ll be busted on wing night at the Ft Myers Hooters using his debit card by accident

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    negative here in taxachussetts. Didn't see a drop and definitely high as usual at this point.
    I think people got used to empty roads and are driving like even bigger assholes than before, so I spend more time hoping for cops and not seeing them. Last time I drove up to Maine it was a parade of Staties though.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Expert help?

Yeah, like maybe a friend or family member who advised him how to use undetectable funds or get a fake passport or somebody with a stash house or ability to help him get on a boat…etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    So, quick survey:
    Been going on in Baltimore for a minute, 2+ years. Multiple reports on reddit of zero follow through on hit and run.

It's estimated that 25%+ are driving without insurance/registration. I don't even bother with a dash cam, just drive slow with an old car.

PDX police are basically incompetent from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Yeah, why isn’t Dog digging up the garden. My dog used to dig up my garden all the time.

Underappreciated reply

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    New York is definitely ticketing aggressively. There has been a boom in phony out of state paper license plates since last year so they’ve started cracking down on that too.

I just completed a 1,400 round trip this weekend from ATL to the North Coast.

The general flow of traffic in Georgia is already ~85 on the interstates but pandemic saw that jump easily into triple digits for more than the occasional driver.

This weekend it was same shit, different day. Hammer down on I-75 till you hit the Ohio River/I-71 where from then on till you run out of America it’s nothing but State Troopers keeping the roads safe for revenue enhancement.

The populace there is so scarred that asking anyone to do more than 60 in the passing lane, or even use the passing lane for, ya know, passing, elicits strong road rage. The southern plates on one of them euro-sleds don’t help your cause either.

YMMV.
    I still call it The Jake.

He fucking strangled her to death…..
    https://apple.news/AQqZjEMvDRT-JigpFXrpJ6w
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    PDX police are basically incompetent from what I can tell.
    I feel like "incompetent" is giving them more credit than they deserve. More like they're actively not responding to calls because their feelings are hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I feel like "incompetent" is giving them more credit than they deserve. More like they're actively not responding to calls because their feelings are hurt.
    Some of that and some of it is that trauma calls have dramatically increased in the last six months.

I’m not sure they were exactly doing some sort of bang up job 1 year, 2 years or 3 years ago?

And if they aren’t responding to calls because their feelings are hurt that makes them…. hostage takers? complicit? or just lazy?

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I’m not sure they were exactly doing some sort of bang up job 1 year, 2 years or 3 years ago?

And if they aren’t responding to calls because their feelings are hurt that makes them…. hostage takers? complicit? or just lazy?
    Here you go…….
    https://katu.com/news/on-your-side/p...fing-shortages
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    He fucking strangled her to death…..
    https://apple.news/AQqZjEMvDRT-JigpFXrpJ6w
    Chris Rock has a joke about this.
    I think the kid killed himself, it's been too long without him showing up somewhere and I don't think he is a survivalist. He was a #vanlife kid and there is a big difference between someone that can go weeks alone out in the woods and living out of a van. Even if he loaded up a site with supplies he would have to show up eventually. He's dead somewhere rotting away.

I’d have to assume someone cold enough to strangle the life out of someone is also someone who didn’t choose to take the easy way out, but I’m no expert in the matter.

Terrible for her.

And what are the odds he goes out without a social media suicide letter?

Excellent point JC, that right there might be enough to stroke out a #vanlifer.

No epic final blog post.