Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Ha you think those types of #vanlife city kids will take what is essentially FwD mini van dozens of miles from the nearest paved road? Seems like the type of social-media addled folks that believe to properly drive on gravel you need a $40k GOTOS rig with $20k of shit strapped to the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    The only thing that footage showed me is our youth are in trouble. .
    Dude you aren’t shitting…
    Between my wife supervising like 80 of these at her job and me seeing dozens transiently at mine we’re experiencing so much clusterfuckery. These people are having rough rough transitions into adulthood. No doubt.

I watched the whole thing and thought that was a good example of good police work. They separated the two of them, getting stories from both, assessed the situation and came up with a good outcome.

They didn’t have to get the kid a hotel room, but they did. I thought the officer relating things in his own life was good as well.

Hell of a weird story. He sure didn’t come off as a killer in that body cam footage and their YT footage certainly looked like they loved each other.

Is there lots of zero cell reception space out there? I had about 2 bars last time I was at Yellowstone and Teton.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    He sure didn’t come off as a killer...

Its either Gone Girl gone wild with some Basque Shepard’s or he put her in that human dissolving hot spring in Yellowstone.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ved-hot-spring

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    That whole moab body cam thing fucking triggers me.
    Cops are predators.

Seems like a batshit crazy girl and a fairly normal guy trying to endure her freakout while a bunch of meathead cops try to play the hero with her and find a way to put him in a cage.

If I had to bet, I’d bet she tweaked out again, he drove off and headed for home figuring she’d have to find her own way back, and she ended up trying to hitchhike or whatever. I’d also bet none of that matters because all anyone will ever believe is that he killed her.
    Check your bias.

The cops had to pull them over. 1, because there was a report of possible domestic violence, and 2, because he was going 20 over the speed limit and swerving so bad he hit the curb.

They de-escalated the situation if anything and im pretty sure if they wanted to put dude in a cage they could have for wreckless driving or something. They got him a hotel room.

That white dude is victim of nothing via those police.

Also, girl is missing and dude is safe at home hiding behind daddy's lawyer and won't even say when/where he last saw her so its pretty telling that your main concern is him. Hes fine...

Meh

I have an easier time identifying with some normal guy getting fucked with by cops teaming up with a hysterical woman than identifying with the hysterical woman or the cops.

I get it, you similarly identify with the hysterical woman. That’s fine, I get it.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 09-16-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    Check your bias.

....its pretty telling that your main concern is him. Hes fine...
    Great, another shrill, know-it-all rude person jumping to conclusions on the board.

That white dude
    Because that’s important.

Name:  019DA706-396E-4D6F-BB05-376A2315DD68.gif
Views: 620
Size:  346.5 KB

Ya, girl might be alive at home now if it has been a black dude. He'd either be in jail, the hospital, or the morgue..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I get it, you similarly identify with the hysterical woman. That’s fine, I get it.
    Is this “weaponizing empathy”? If so I like it.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    No worries, reddit's got this, oh wait. https://www.reddit.com/r/GabbyPetito/
    wow. There are 9k people in there right now commenting and speculating. Full on conspiracy theory level shit. Kind of fascinating in a fucked up way. I guess there is a reason true crime shoes are so popular right now.

This whole situation seems super fucked up. I can't pretend to have watched the body cam footage, read all the instagram posts, or be an armchair psychologist like the people on reddit but the fact that the boyfriend drove her van back to Florida (from somewhere near the Tetons/Yellowstone) and has done nothing but lawyer up and stay quiet makes me think he knows exactly what happened to her, even if he didn't kill her.

Meh

I have an easier time identifying with some normal guy getting fucked with by cops teaming up with a hysterical woman than identifying with the hysterical woman or the cops.

What exactly should the cops have done when a domestic assault was reported?

Oh, hey its just a hysterical woman. No worries.

What about the van carrying the people involved going 20 miles per hour over the speed limit and hitting a curb?

Oh hey, poor dude dealing with his hysterical woman. No worries.

Come on.

We don't know what happened to her but that dude was not harassed by the cops and 55 percent of murdered women are killed by their partner.

I don't see how the rest of you missed this. It's all about the timeline.
    The domestic incident that draws attention to them takes place at the coop where one of the murdered lesbian couple works.
    That night he goes to the motel, she goes back up to where they've been camping, next door to the newlyweds. Speculation, sure, but it has to be.
    Seeing that she's distraught, they try to comfort her, and tell her he's been creeping them out the whole time and that's why the police were called when the fight occurred.
    She, freaks out and kills them, believing they have ruined her life. There could be some depressed bisexual tendencies at play here, but I do not feel qualified to speculate.
    The next day she and the fiancé hit the road reunited.
    She confesses to what she has done. At first, he's kind of turned on by this. "She killed for me, and now, I hold dominion over her, because I know".
    They both feel somewhat liberated by the whole experience and head north.
    But soon, the gravity of what she has done, begins to takes its toll.
    Obsessed and wracked with guilt, she insists on turning themselves in. He wants nothing to do with this, because he's done nothing wrong.
    She becomes increasingly shrill and insistent that they confess until he can't take it anymore. And he kills her.
    Believing that justice has been served and he has done nothing wrong, he drives back home to Mom and Dad.
    Since they never liked her that much anyway, they lawyer up and hope for the best.
    Yep, that's what I reckon happened.

jummo

Quote Originally Posted by Save Linus Somethinorother View Post
    What exactly should the cops have done when a domestic assault was reported?

Oh, hey its just a hysterical woman. No worries.
    Yes.

What about
    Whataboutism: so hot right now

the van carrying the people involved going 20 miles per hour over the speed limit and hitting a curb?/
    Speeding ticket. Sobriety assessment.

Oh hey, poor dude dealing with his hysterical woman. No worries.
    Yeah, pretty much. Maybe not “poor dude”…just normal people having an argument. She’s a spaz. The legal system isn’t helpful.

Come on.
    Alright

We don't know what happened to her but that dude was not harassed by the cops and 55 percent of murdered women are killed by their partner.
    If I gave you a sandwich that was 55% ham and 45% shit, would you be willing to call that a ham sandwich?

I guess I thought the cops handled it well. Treated both with respect and Recognized it for what it was - two people having a really shitty day. Finding space for both of them to get some distance and be safe was a lot kinder than throwing one of them in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    wow. There are 9k people in there right now commenting and speculating. Full on conspiracy theory level shit. Kind of fascinating in a fucked up way. I guess there is a reason true crime shoes are so popular right now.

This whole situation seems super fucked up. I can't pretend to have watched the body cam footage, read all the instagram posts, or be an armchair psychologist like the people on reddit but the fact that the boyfriend drove her van back to Florida (from somewhere near the Tetons/Yellowstone) and has done nothing but lawyer up and stay quiet makes me think he knows exactly what happened to her, even if he didn't kill her.
    It’s fascinating on a sociological level. Reminds me of the prison experiment vids to an extent. Also goes to show that I think people need something to latch on to and put their “good” towards these days, even if it’s playing FBI on Reddit for a few weeks.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Yes.

Whataboutism: so hot right now

Speeding ticket. Sobriety assessment.

Yeah, pretty much. Maybe not “poor dude”…just normal people having an argument. She’s a spaz. The legal system isn’t helpful.

Alright

If I gave you a sandwich that was 55% ham and 45% shit, would you be willing to call that a ham sandwich?
    You're such a fucking asshole. You realize that a lot of women are abused and or killed by men that are super great at seeming like super awesome guys and making women out to be "hysterical"?

You're turning into a miserable, bitter old man. You refuse to take responsibility for your lot in life and blame every body else.

You're such a fucking asshole. You realize that a lot of women are abused and or killed by men that are super great at seeming like super awesome guys and making women out to be "hysterical"?

You're turning into a miserable, bitter old man. You refuse to take responsibility for your lot in life and blame every body else.
    ^^^
    Quick somebody call the cops.

Maybe I can get a free hotel room outta this

Did you read the police report? Based on your posts you didn’t. Maybe start there…

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Did you read the police report? Based on your posts you didn’t. Maybe start there…
    Yeah.

People reported potential domestic assault. Cops found vehicle speeding and swerving. Pulled it over. Separated couple, got everyone's story. They all matched. Decided it was just a mental health episode/fight. Got the dude a hotel room and let the speeding/wreckless driving slide.

I'm not seeing how they treated the dude poorly in any way. Seems they were more than accommodating.

My issue with Yeti is that he thinks the cops shouldn't check on the occupants in a van with a man driving erratically when someone just reported they were having domestic disturbance with violence.

Something about him leaving to Florida just doesn't fit. It never comes up in the whole ordeal with the cops and it just seems like he is hiding out in Florida for a week to create an alibi and not be to close to the heat. Once the coast appears to be clear he comes back to SLC. She must have been an absolute mess sitting there a week. When they get back together it was to hot and heavy for them to handle.

They other couple was a ways out of town when found. Did the young guy somehow "plant them" aways away? Was it just totally coincidental that a worker at a place these two were hanging at for a long while die after their whole sharade almost evaporated? Did or does he have a gun in Florida?

Does the perp drink? Sometimes being sober and hanging around a bunch of loaded people gets annoying and maybe he overheard more than he should have. Even if it's 4%.

His last IG post was the 13th and that just seems like when the spiral turned into a Tornado.

Why does the news love this story?

Cute White girl?

IG? Fuck that noise. If I get an IG account, I request you murder me.

#VanLife?
    That’s no van man.
    Ford Transit Connect?
    White trash alternative to Sprinter.

Seems he killed her. Motive? She was his meal ticket to IG fame and not working a real job.
    I really hate this influencer economy. Wtf. Who actually watches this shit. I say the same thing about fake reality tv shows.
    Civilization is over.
    . . .