Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1585
    I was walking the dog on a trail system near the Deschutes River this past weekend. Saw a dude jogging barefoot. I mean this is a trail system full of lava rock and all sorts of prickly crap. WTF? His feet were just caked in mud and probably some dog feces if I had to guess.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I was walking the dog on a trail system near the Deschutes River this past weekend. Saw a dude jogging barefoot. I mean this is a trail system full of lava rock and all sorts of prickly crap. WTF? His feet were just caked in mud and probably some dog feces if I had to guess.
    I would call the cops now. He's either going to murder someone or be murdered by JL

Quote Originally Posted by mb6f50 View Post
    How is your therapy going?
    Is that a rhetorical question?

UT/WY Missing Persons Case>WILD

Do you hear yourself here? He killed her. Do you remember how harshly Gabby was "diminished" when she was still missing before it was clear Brian killed her and even after?

He fucking killed her. By all accounts she was a decent human bring.

Diminish the fuck out of that sorry little asshole.
    Sure, sure. Making shit up about Gabby isn’t better than making shit up about Brian. Does it have to be worse? I guess the only reason I think this point is worth making is that it doesn’t do service to the message, does it?

This is a guy with insecurities and issues, different from most (all?) of us by a matter of degree only, and things that JL was brave enough to acknowledge he sees in himself. Similar to people we know and interact with as friends and acquaintances. He doesn’t have to be an imbecilic worthless utterly pretentious and self-unaware piece of garbage to go to a dark place and kill his girlfriend. Casting him as such makes him less dangerous, not more. Gabby is not made more by making him less. If anything that drags them both down, and if your reflex to me saying that is that her worth is not defined by his worthlessness, well let that sink in.

I’m not here to defend the guy at all. I also thought the article had a glimmering of potential that was wasted. Painting the picture of Gabby getting attention for her shoes - shoes that a jealous and insecure Brian eschewed - while he watched from the sideline had fantastic potential. Clumsily asserting that Brian must have wanted people to admire his shoelessness was stupid and short-circuited something darker and so much more nuanced, and that frustrated me.

Anyways, whatever….

in case you really are that abstruse.
    Back slowly away from the thesaurus, champ.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Sure, sure. Making shit up about Gabby isn’t better than making shit up about Brian. Does it have to be worse? I guess the only reason I think this point is worth making is that it doesn’t do service to the message, does it?

This is a guy with insecurities and issues, different from most (all?) of us by a matter of degree only, and things that JL was brave enough to acknowledge he sees in himself. Similar to people we know and interact with as friends and acquaintances. He doesn’t have to be an imbecilic worthless utterly pretentious and self-unaware piece of garbage to go to a dark place and kill his girlfriend. Casting him as such makes him less dangerous, not more. Gabby is not made more by making him less. If anything that drags them both down, and if your reflex to me saying that is that her worth is not defined by his worthlessness, well let that sink in.

I’m not here to defend the guy at all. I also thought the article had a glimmering of potential that was wasted. Painting the picture of Gabby getting attention for her shoes - shoes that a jealous and insecure Brian eschewed - while he watched from the sideline had fantastic potential. Clumsily asserting that Brian must have wanted people to admire his shoelessness was stupid and short-circuited something darker and so much more nuanced, and that frustrated me.

Anyways, whatever….

Back slowly away from the thesaurus, champ.
    They are all human emotions and we all share them. Everyone has felt jealousy, insecurity, anger, dependence.

We all share them. We all have human similarities. The difference is that most of us know how to disengage before killing someone.

Brian doesnt needs defending. Brian doesn't deserved defending. Brians failings as a human being have nothing to do with Gabby as a human being. Him being more or less shitty means nothing about her.

Read this thread back when the Moab videos first came out. Brian was defended and Gabby was called a hysterical crazy emotional mentally ill woman. Poor Brian had to deal with that.

Then he killed her and you are still defending him.

Read this thread back when the Moab videos first came out. Brian was defended and Gabby was called a hysterical crazy emotional mentally ill woman. Poor Brian had to deal with that.

Link? I just read the first few pages and everyone called him out as the likely murderer from day 1.

They are all human emotions and we all share them. Everyone has felt jealousy, insecurity, anger, dependence.

We all share them. We all have human similarities. The difference is that most of us know how to disengage before killing someone.

Brian doesnt needs defending. Brian doesn't deserved defending. Brians failings as a human being have nothing to do with Gabby as a human being. Him being more or less shitty means nothing about her.

I don't think anyone here is defending a killer or the tragic loss of a young woman's life with dreams and a full life left to live at the hands of a shitty boyfriend . I can only speak for myself, just didn't like the way the written piece with interjections of emotionalized fiction to fill in the gaps.

I still blame the cops. They should have arrested one or both of them in the wake of that alteration where witnesses said they were fighting and both appeared to have marks on their faces. This is THE reason why someone always has to go to jail to cool things off in those situations..

Brian was a piece of shit and I hope my daughter never gets caught up with anyone like that.. but ya, there was a missed opportunity to shut this shit down, at least for a day or two..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

How is your therapy going?
    It’s helpful, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    I don't think anyone here is defending a killer or the tragic loss of a young woman's life.
    Oh I am! Just think how many white male children she might have cursed the world with!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Oh I am! Just think how many white male children she might have cursed the world with!
    Where is Dave Chapelle when you need him ? I would pay some good money to see him do a set about this article, he could probably do hours on it.

You are a idiot. Also an moran. Get a brain.
    focus.

You are a idiot. Also an moran. Get a brain.
    Quit being so abstruse!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Quit being so abstruse!
    Mmmm…abstreusel
    Name:  Image1657915530.790008.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  19.6 KB

Wasn’t it Truman Capote who ushered in crime journalism that blurred into fiction-style writing? For me it’s a bit weird to read a fact-based narrative in which the inner thoughts of the characters are included as if they are 100% known facts, but I can also see how this style helps make the victim’s death more impactful rather than just another statistic or dry news article.

Good thing it wasn’t written by Caroline Gleich or y’all would be discussing it for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Link? I just read the first few pages and everyone called him out as the likely murderer from day 1.
    Here are a few posts.

That whole moab body cam thing fucking triggers me.
    Cops are predators.

Seems like a batshit crazy girl and a fairly normal guy trying to endure her freakout while a bunch of meathead cops try to play the hero with her and find a way to put him in a cage.

If I had to bet, I’d bet she tweaked out again, he drove off and headed for home figuring she’d have to find her own way back, and she ended up trying to hitchhike or whatever. I’d also bet none of that matters because all anyone will ever believe is that he killed her.
    Cops are predators.

Seems like a batshit crazy girl and a fairly normal guy trying to endure her freakout while a bunch of meathead cops try to play the hero with her and find a way to put him in a cage.

If I had to bet, I’d bet she tweaked out again, he drove off and headed for home figuring she’d have to find her own way back, and she ended up trying to hitchhike or whatever. I’d also bet none of that matters because all anyone will ever believe is that he killed her.
    I was thinking this as well. But why not just come out and say that? I know, it makes him come off looking like the massive POS that he is. But either way, the dude is a POS. By not speaking up, if in fact that's what he did, and just drove off and left her either on the side of the road, or more likely dozens of miles from the nearest paved road, then come clean.

As they say, tough to charge someone with murder if you don't have a body.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    "No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is tired of her bullshit."
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Anyone watch their videos? Cosplay? Any good

Their gonna find her shacked up with a black guy. And the story will disappear

Cops are predators.

I was thinking this as well. But why not just come out and say that? I know, it makes him come off looking like the massive POS that he is. But either way, the dude is a POS. By not speaking up, if in fact that's what he did, and just drove off and left her either on the side of the road, or more likely dozens of miles from the nearest paved road, then come clean.

As they say, tough to charge someone with murder if you don't have a body.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    "No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is tired of her bullshit."
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Anyone watch their videos? Cosplay? Any good

Their gonna find her shacked up with a black guy. And the story will disappear

Meh

I have an easier time identifying with some normal guy getting fucked with by cops teaming up with a hysterical woman than identifying with the hysterical woman or the cops.

I get it, you similarly identify with the hysterical woman. That’s fine, I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I watched the whole thing and thought that was a good example of good police work. They separated the two of them, getting stories from both, assessed the situation and came up with a good outcome.

They didn’t have to get the kid a hotel room, but they did. I thought the officer relating things in his own life was good as well.

Hell of a weird story. He sure didn’t come off as a killer in that body cam footage and their YT footage certainly looked like they loved each other.

Yes.

Whataboutism: so hot right now

Speeding ticket. Sobriety assessment.

Yeah, pretty much. Maybe not “poor dude”…just normal people having an argument. She’s a spaz. The legal system isn’t helpful.

Alright

If I gave you a sandwich that was 55% ham and 45% shit, would you be willing to call that a ham sandwich?

UT/WY Missing Persons Case>WILD

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Wasn’t it Truman Capote who ushered in crime journalism that blurred into fiction-style writing? For me it’s a bit weird to read a fact-based narrative in which the inner thoughts of the characters are included as if they are 100% known facts, but I can also see how this style helps make the victim’s death more impactful rather than just another statistic or dry news article.

Good thing it wasn’t written by Caroline Gleich or y’all would be discussing it for weeks.
    Right. It’s not mixing in fictional narrative that bugged me so much as it was poorly done, that and a lot of it was structured to provide the author with layups against the antagonist. If it was straight fiction it wouldn’t have made it into a short story magazine. Since it’s blended it gets a pass. But none of it serves any useful purpose.

Also, I’m going to quote the same post 7 times here to prove a point that doesn’t matter anyways.
    focus.

Right. It’s not mixing in fictional narrative that bugged me so much as it was poorly done, that and a lot of it was structured to provide the author with layups against the antagonist. If it was straight fiction it wouldn’t have made it into a short story magazine. Since it’s blended it gets a pass. But none of it serves any useful purpose.

Also, I’m going to quote the same post 7 times here to prove a point that doesn’t matter anyways.
    Yeah we wouldn't want to have "lay ups" against poor, misunderstood Brian, would we?

He only killed a hysterical, crazy girl after all..

All through history men have blamed women for their shortcummings. Most of the monsters in mythology were females, and of course Eve.... Not surprising that religions were created and definitely interpreted to keep women down, submissive and subservient. Patriarchy and misogyny FTW! The attitudes expressed above are a symptom of that attitude and culture.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Yeah we wouldn't want to have "lay ups" against poor, misunderstood Brian, would we?

He only killed a hysterical, crazy girl after all..
    Please stop neglecting your restaurant reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    All through history men have blamed women for their shortcummings. Most of the monsters in mythology were females, and of course Eve.... Not surprising that religions were created and definitely interpreted to keep women down, submissive and subservient. Patriarchy and misogyny FTW! The attitudes expressed above are a symptom of that attitude and culture.
    It's fucking disgusting

Meh

I have an easier time identifying with some normal guy getting fucked with by cops teaming up with a hysterical woman than identifying with the hysterical woman or the cops.

I get it, you similarly identify with the hysterical woman. That’s fine, I get it.
    This is one of my favorite quotes from this thread. It's especially telling after the normal guy kills the hysterical woman.

And then they question why she stayed with him.

This is one of my favorite quotes from this thread. It's especially telling after the normal guy kills the hysterical woman.

And then they question why she stayed with him.
    It is not more telling after hindsight becomes available. That's not possible unless the author had advance knowledge of the murder before writing it. This is why you keep getting banned: the combination of objectively wrong statements and hounding specific maggots with insulting nonsense is just never going to win sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It is not more telling after hindsight becomes available. That's not possible unless the author had advance knowledge of the murder before writing it. This is why you keep getting banned: the combination of objectively wrong statements and hounding specific maggots with insulting nonsense is just never going to win sympathy.
    Umm no. That is the attitude that women in abusive relationships face. That attitude, that is extremely prevalent in our society is one of the reason women get stuck with abusers. Its one of the reasons Gabby was murdered rather than helped.

People were more concerned about not inconveniencing Brian than seeing if maybe there was a reason Gabby was so upset.

And anyone supporting Gabby was a hysterical woman, too.