Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Nobody is really saying she’s wrong. She’s just annoying as fuck and preachy… it’s possible to think someone is correct, AND want them to shut the fuck up at the same time.
    I get this.... but folks don't need to be so triggered by her. Just let it go. There are so many men in here that are annoying as all fuck, but we don't tell them to STFU every time they post. So to me, that's more misogyny in action. Just scroll on by her posts.

it's like, hey woman, we know you have strong opinions on this, now STFU and let us have fun. But this isn't a big thread with lots of joking. So folks are clearly triggered from previous threads, I get it. In those threads, she doesn't always see things that are "jokey" and turns them serious. In those threads, just scroll past her posts. If they are misogynistic, count on her pointing that out.

For a bunch of 50 yr old men who make shit out of people being "triggered," ya'll getting triggered really fucking easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Another rumor I picked up. When he was in Florida him and dad packed up all of Gabbies stuff and put it in storage

Do what you want with that information
    It’s from local to them sources

People see him home. No girlfriend no van packing up her shit. People noticed
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    I get this.... but folks don't need to be so triggered by her. Just let it go. There are so many men in here that are annoying as all fuck, but we don't tell them to STFU every time they post. So to me, that's more misogyny in action. Just scroll on by her posts.
    Yup, for me it's just another ignored user and pretty irrelevant compared to seeing people I thought were completely normal people entirely missing the point in this situation. There are so many shit takes, it's crazy!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

13 cents fare.

We could send him around the world for $37
    . . .

It's what makes the story so interesting I guess.

Lt. Joe Kenda would get to the bottom of this.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Nobody is really saying she’s wrong. She’s just annoying as fuck and preachy… it’s possible to think someone is correct, AND want them to shut the fuck up at the same time.
    Bingo.

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    But the youtube investigators did their research!
    And it's peer reviewed, just look at the comments..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I don't profess to know anything about this case (the whole "missing pretty blond white woman gets all the news coverage" thing bothers me too much to read, even if it is a tragedy for her family and friends). So I don't know the state of their relationship, what happened on that traffic stop, or whatever. But the notion that someone living in a cycle of abuse could/should easily "just leave" when they seem to have the chance is woefully uninformed and downright offensive. Any one of you who thinks it is that simple should educate yourselves on domestic violence, because your take here is a really bad look.
    Does this mean I can't make fun of the dudes being forced to take a hundred different "Sunshine heart hands!" shots? Certainly looks like emotional abuse to me.

I don't profess to know anything about this case (the whole "missing pretty blond white woman gets all the news coverage" thing bothers me too much to read, even if it is a tragedy for her family and friends). So I don't know the state of their relationship, what happened on that traffic stop, or whatever. But the notion that someone living in a cycle of abuse could/should easily "just leave" when they seem to have the chance is woefully uninformed and downright offensive. Any one of you who thinks it is that simple should educate yourselves on domestic violence, because your take here is a really bad look.
    +1 on this (and Salve.../Hikesalot comments). Yes, being schooled about your ignorance can be annoying but sometimes it's worth taking a breather and actually listening instead of going straight for the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Does this mean I can't make fun of the dudes being forced to take a hundred different "Sunshine heart hands!" shots? Certainly looks like emotional abuse to me.
    definitely emotional abuse and ridicule worthy. but there are probably much better threads to make fun of that, it's not really funny in this context. unless maybe you have the comic timing/sense of a Mel Brooks or George Carlin.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

There are so many men in here that are annoying as all fuck, but we don't tell them to STFU every time they post.
    Please see the vaccine thread and specifically MontuckyFried's posts and see if you still agree with this statement.

Someone asked about the 911 caller. He left his number, and one of the cops while at the traffic stop spoke to him contemporaneously.

Re BF possibly having flown home and back...
    BF's sister Cassie did an interview on Good Morning America. Transcript has her claiming over and over that she knew nothing about the case but later she lets it slip that BF DID fly. Some of the amateur detective talking points say the purpose was to move GF belongings into storage, others say opposite (stop paying for storage if there's room at the house). FWIW amateur detectives tend to be really stupid (for example, real detectives don't have to wonder about these things, they're easily verified).

My amateur detective stupidity requires that I opine that he killed her, then afterward tried to create an alibi by telling a false story to the couple who picked him up hitchhiking. I think the authorities know the whole case by now.

UT/WY Missing Persons Case>WILD

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Please see the vaccine thread and specifically MontuckyFried's posts and see if you still agree with this statement.
    ha, yeah I thought about that and maybe a couple others. But maybe bottom line is if there's a misogynistic post, count on her pointing it out. If you don't see the misogyny, maybe think harder, you could learn something. Then, keep scrolling. Because she's not wrong, just being a debbie downer on the misogynistic fun, I suppose. I mean, I think times are changing and that stuff has lessened in society, but not as fast on the TRG. There's surprisingly a lot of men here who sound like they believe some of the things they say.

Its about who is making the joke. Hitlers supporters during and directly after? Not fucking funny. Holocaust victims family/community members 80 years later? Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Also here to note:
    There’s nothing funnier than when somebody is desperately serious about being anti-joking.

Jokes help get through things. It’s a little relief. Telling somebody they can’t joke around about something awful is like telling telling somebody with a splitting headache they can’t have a tylenol.
    Oh you want to feel better for a bit? Fuck you, suffer!

Jokes also normalize things.

It also depends on your audience. Drs often have dark, gallows humor that they'd never share in front of patients.

Men joking about abused, battered and murdered women is not a good look.

definitely emotional abuse and ridicule worthy. but there are probably much better threads to make fun of that, it's not really funny in this context. unless maybe you have the comic timing/sense of a Mel Brooks or George Carlin.
    That's quite a double standard. We should be able to ridicule both sexes for staying in an abusive relationship, or neither of them. Obviously, someone is dead here which changes what's acceptable, but your previous post wasn't specific to abusive relationships that end in murder. The influencer/social media angle is also relevant here--if she had been less consumed with vlogging maybe (a big maybe, admittedly) she would have recognized that she was in an unhealthy relationship that was rapidly deteriorating.

While it an unfortunate subject In a country of 335million with missing/ murdered people, how does this thread get to 26 pages if not for an overactive social media ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That's quite a double standard. We should be able to ridicule both sexes for staying in an abusive relationship, or neither of them. Obviously, someone is dead here which changes what's acceptable, but your previous post wasn't specific to abusive relationships that end in murder. The influencer/social media angle is also relevant here--if she had been less consumed with vlogging maybe (a big maybe, admittedly) she would have recognized that she was in an unhealthy relationship that was rapidly deteriorating.
    Is my joke meter off?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Damn, sorry Salve is shitting up this thread about a woman killed by domestic violence. I don’t find her interjections all that problematic given the topic.

I’ve been “lectured” for more benign things in my life, and as a 47 year old I’ve learned that sometimes I just need to listen instead of being turned off by the messenger. I’m pretty sure none of us are going to kill a woman violently but it doesn’t mean I can’t be introspective and listen to a female on the subject. Party on.
    Agree. Good advice is still good even if you already know it.

There's lots of obvious truth in this thread. Some looks like victim blaming, but it's hard to argue that's not true, it's just not a good tone.

Is there a good tone for examining choices that ended as badly as possible? We'll kick that around again in avalanche season, like every year. But if the plan is to empower any would-be victim it seems pretty short-sighted to ignore their options, whatever they might have been. (Or the psycho or the cops, obviously.) It doesn't excuse him to say "I hope other women can take different actions and get away from similar situations."

If you know specifically how it's more complicated then please speak to the nuances of that. Shouting down anything that can have a misogynist angle might strike a blow against misogyny (or not) but it's less interesting than providing a useful contribution (which generally strikes a stronger blow against misogyny).

Quote Originally Posted by EZB View Post
    Someone asked about the 911 caller. He left his number, and one of the cops while at the traffic stop spoke to him contemporaneously.

Re BF possibly having flown home and back...
    BF's sister Cassie did an interview on Good Morning America. Transcript has her claiming over and over that she knew nothing about the case but later she lets it slip that BF DID fly. Some of the amateur detective talking points say the purpose was to move GF belongings into storage, others say opposite (stop paying for storage if there's room at the house). FWIW amateur detectives tend to be really stupid (for example, real detectives don't have to wonder about these things, they're easily verified).

My amateur detective stupidity requires that I opine that he killed her, then afterward tried to create an alibi by telling a false story to the couple who picked him up hitchhiking. I think the authorities know the whole case by now.
    I did not say he went home to move her belongings. I don’t know when or how he got to his parents house
    But he was definitely there. A major detail left out in the press
    I would be more interested in why he went back
    And they just continue on with a trip that appears to have destroyed the relationship
    They didn’t even make it to Yellowstone?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    They didn’t even make it to Yellowstone?
    Post first, then smoke crack.

ha, yeah I thought about that and maybe a couple others. But maybe bottom line is if there's a misogynistic post, count on her pointing it out. If you don't see the misogyny, maybe think harder, you could learn something. Then, keep scrolling. Because she's not wrong, just being a debbie downer on the misogynistic fun, I suppose. I mean, I think times are changing and that stuff has lessened in society, but not as fast on the TRG. There's surprisingly a lot of men here who sound like they believe some of the things they say.
    Agreed. There's certainly a bit of an "old boys club" around here, but I sure a lot of it is mostly bluster.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Is there a good tone for examining choices that ended as badly as possible? We'll kick that around again in avalanche season, like every year. But if the plan is to empower any would-be victim it seems pretty short-sighted to ignore their options, whatever they might have been. (Or the psycho or the cops, obviously.) It doesn't excuse him to say "I hope other women can take different actions and get away from similar situations."
    Exactly. Identifying the mistakes made by victims in the hopes that others might not make those mistakes in the future is not victim blaming.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    If you know specifically how it's more complicated then please speak to the nuances of that. Shouting down anything that can have a misogynist angle might strike a blow against misogyny (or not) but it's less interesting than providing a useful contribution (which generally strikes a stronger blow against misogyny).
    Ok, so in the vaccine thread it's unacceptable to tell Montucky he's spouting nonsense unless you can discuss the science with specificity? Got it, it's clear we all obey that standard.

Never again will I try to tell someone that their take is a poor one based on all that I have read about domestic violence, because I am not well-enough versed in the scholarly DV literature to provide the nuance to properly educate them. Seems to me that TGR will be a boring place if none of us can speak about what we know, unless we can also speak about it well enough to provide scholarly support and properly educate those spouting bad takes.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Nothing...is...funny...anymore. I'm sick of you fuckers making light of everything around here. One more smart-ass comment and I'm reporting the whole lot of you to the mod squad.
    Straighten the hell up or face the ban hammer.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang