Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

UT/WY Missing Persons Case>WILD

No thread on this yet, but I've been fascinated by this story since it broke this past weekend:
    Girl and her fiance (now, as of this morning, mom had said they called it off before traveling) drove cross country, were seen in Moab around the 12/13 Aug, police were called to an "incident" regarding the two of them, no charges filed (coincidentally this is right around the time two women were murdered in Moab). Seen leaving a hotel in SLC heading to GTNP/Yellowstone Aug 24, she looses all coms with her family after GTNP, boyfriend drives home to FL in the van they lived in, lawyered up, and now won't say peep, issues a statement through lawyer stating to the extent that he hopes the search is successful. She's still missing. Just a wild story. Did she say let me out of this car and find some "nice" people to meet and he just left? Did he drop her in the dead zone in WY/MT/ID that's unprosecuteable? Thermal Pool?
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gabby-p...rian-laundrie/
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/missing-g...ance-statement
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I fear we'll find out that he killed her. Poor girl.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

My sister on LI works with the mother, knows the daughter and taught the BF in school.
    The whole town and school district is a mess.
    She fears the worst.
    Totally fucked situation.
    BF is coming off like a guilty as fuck POS.

We GRAMA'd the bodycam from Moab PD yesterday. I'm interested to see the interaction.

Apparently her IG went live again this morning, previously it was either locked or disabled. Weird.

https://www.instagram.com/gabspetito/

we have 2 current missing people in the area- that most recent girl + this older fellow:
    https://buckrail.com/missing-person-...teton-village/

and I almost forgot about this guy from earlier in the summer which is 3
    https://buckrail.com/new-information...an-mclaughlin/

mo people, mo missing people, I guess?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    ...the dead zone in WY/MT/ID that's unprosecuteable?
    What's this part about?

edit: looked it up: https://www.inquisitr.com/3417459/ye...lose-loophole/

That non jurisdiction zone is pretty difficult to reach if I recall correctly. Doesn’t strike me as the type to venture out into the middle of nowhere with no discernible purpose (or potential IG background scenery).

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he killed her.
    swing your fucking sword.

The missing local guy with mohawk who always wore a kilt and sporran is an odd one. I've had a couple interactions with him, dude is wound too tight and wanted to scrap over nothing. Hopefully he's ok, but several folks here thinking suicide. I'm thinking maybe homeless somewhere warm.

The missing woman, Gabby, the boyfriend's IG is live and open to the public. He is getting torched.

https://instagram.com/bizarre_design...dium=copy_link

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    The missing woman, Gabby, the boyfriend's IG is live and open to the public. He is getting torched.

https://instagram.com/bizarre_design...dium=copy_link
    Hmm the “brainwashed by the media” statement in his title page seems a little Qish

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

https://www.deseret.com/2021/9/14/22...g-girl-updates

“Her last photo came on Aug. 25. In that photo, Petito was shown holding a small knit pumpkin in front of a mural of butterflies, which is located in Ogden, Utah.”

Well that explains it.

Welp, he's got #vanlife in his IG profile header so yeah, guilty.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    https://www.deseret.com/2021/9/14/22...g-girl-updates

“Her last photo came on Aug. 25. In that photo, Petito was shown holding a small knit pumpkin in front of a mural of butterflies, which is located in Ogden, Utah.”

Well that explains it.
    Maybe he was planning on posting pictures to her Instagram to make it seem like she was still alive and posting and messed up? I think you can schedule posts for later on instagram

That zone of death thing is chilling.

Not every relationship is compatible with #vanlife.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Skistack; 09-15-2021 at 11:59 AM.

I'll weigh in and say I'll be shocked if it turns out the BF didn't off her.

^^^^^^This. And wtf is this “refusing to cooperate with police”? He’s a person of interest, last known person to see her/ know her whereabouts, and drove HER van back to Florida without her….Jeebus.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    The missing local guy with mohawk who always wore a kilt and sporran is an odd one. I've had a couple interactions with him, dude is wound too tight and wanted to scrap over nothing. Hopefully he's ok, but several folks here thinking suicide. I'm thinking maybe homeless somewhere warm.
    Did you have your bear spray handy?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If it was true he dropped her off on the side of the road or somewhere, he had the whole ride back to FL to consider how much of an asshole he was and how bad this would look, and the first thing he should want to do is tell his side of the story. This guy is a psychopath.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    That non jurisdiction zone is pretty difficult to reach if I recall correctly. Doesn’t strike me as the type to venture out into the middle of nowhere with no discernible purpose (or potential IG background scenery).
    A quick google shows Buffalo Lake from the ID side seems like an easy hike. I've never been near there though.

Yeah, I'm sure he's got something to do with it, has just officially been named a person of interest.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    And wtf is this “refusing to cooperate with police”?
    "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

Lawyering up and shutting up is probably a smart move even if he's completely innocent. However, showing up in FL in her van is not a good look. It's almost hard to believe that he could be stupid enough to kill her and then drive her van all the way home when he could have ditched it and bought a bus ticket. But, not many well thought-out rational plans get made post-murdering someone, presumably.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    If it was true he dropped her off on the side of the road or somewhere, he had the whole ride back to FL to consider how much of an asshole he was and how bad this would look, and the first thing he should want to do is tell his side of the story. This guy is a psychopath.
    Right? This has Joran vander Sloot vibes all over it.

Yeah, I'm sure he's got something to do with it, has just officially been named a person of interest.
    By who?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's almost hard to believe that he could be stupid enough to kill her and then drive her van all the way home when he could have ditched it and bought a bus ticket. But, not many well thought-out rational plans get made post-murdering someone, presumably.
    This is what I can't get over. I'd say 10-1 he did it but it's so bizarre that this was what he thought his best move was after he off'd her, I almost want to believe someone else abducted her and threatened him or something.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."