Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1585
    Whoever it is, they started a thread with a link to an article in the Bellingham newspaper.

MountainSativaGirl choose some really odd hills to dig in and die on. Arguably at least half of what she said many agreed with... But whenever someone didn't her people skills fell apart and shitshow train wrecks ensued.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

It became a meme here — typical mtngirl thread had most posters writing directly or implying that they agreed with her basic points but somehow she created arguments nonetheless.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Not saying she was not culpable, but often as not, those threads were where TGR's casual misogyny became not-so-casual.

Agreed but I was referring more to the frustrations of her supporters. Not her antagonists.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I don't think it's actually misogyny when it's just against a particular woman.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I don't think it's actually misogyny when it's just against a particular woman.
    Depends, if the same insults work against other women pretty well it probably is.. If it's personal and unique to the target then no..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Depends, if the same insults work against other women pretty well it probably is.. If it's personal and unique to the target then no..
    What? Why? Her being an idiot is misogyny because other women might also be idiots?
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    What? Why? Her being an idiot is misogyny because other women might also be idiots?
    Idiot's fine, anyone can be an idiot.. If you call a female something stereotypically derogatory towards females what do you think??

It's the same thing as calling a black person who's acting like an idiot the n-word or similar slur and saying it's not racist.

Not seeing any misogynistic slurs, at least in recent input. Might very well be some/a lot in original MG/Kraken threads though.

I bet MG and Benny would make an awesome romantic pair to base a dialogue driven play off of.

If anyone could take a stab at riveting Fan Fiction, IAS could!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

looks like there is a case coming up against laundrie’s parents, who are also trip terrible people.

https://news.yahoo.com/read-letter-f...162050513.html

loving your kids, in my mind, is in no way helping them cover up crimes but helping them to make good choices and be accountable.

this story still makes me sick, besides everything that happened around the time of the murder including helping him escape, they still raised a shitbag murderer.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Yup, parents IMO have a larger responsibility to society as a whole than to their kid. If his parents helped him evade law enforcement they should be held accountable as accessories

That said, I don’t think this letter has relevance- written before that fateful trip, and is full of platitudes that clan-oriented people would use. Any decent defense lawyer - hell, even altaslob - should be able to shred that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

That said, I don’t think this letter has relevance- written before that fateful trip, and is full of platitudes that clan-oriented people would use. Any decent defense lawyer - hell, even altaslob - should be able to shred that argument.
    Johnnie Cochran's ghost isn't going to be able to convince a jury that an envelope that says "burn after reading" was written before this fucktard murdered that girl. Her parents don't seem convinced anyway. Would you stuff old and incriminating letters in your backpack before going on the run from police?

We will have to agree to disagree on that point, and see what the jury decides.

This is the sort of problem--like most problems--that will not be solved in a courtroom. The problem of lawyers needing to put their kids through an Ivy OTOH . . .
    To take my argument to its not unreasonable extreme--the eagerness of people to sue for every grievance and dispute ultimately leads to the mess of a SCOTUS we are stuck with.

I didn’t follow this case closely, but didn’t the kid kill himself?

I would think aiding and abetting would be a much more serious offense if you actually got away.

Seems he could have packed a little overnight bag and holed up in a wilderness area to commit suicide without the help of anyone. His parents would seemingly be liable once they were presented with a warrant for his arrest and didn’t turn him over.

Verbal admission of guilt doesn’t equal guilty as confusing is that seems. Mentally ill suspects accidentally take responsibility for acts they did not commit. I don’t see what changes for the victim and her family by this case? Lovers quarrels are rarely conspiratorial. #vanlife

It feels like the girl's parents are using lawsuits as a coping mechanism at this point. I tend to agree with the above that it is not like this kid is running around scott free living his best life currently.

Sad situation all around. Both sets of parents are living basically their worst nightmares.
    Live Free or Die

While the police were searching for remains its alleged that the parents knew not only that Brian had killed her but also where her body remained and did not help. Then, when police named him as a person of interest he disappeared from the parents house, not just with one of their cars, but also a gun. The details are all upstream in this thread if you are looking for a timeline. This is not about a one off (and odd) letter, but about obstruction of justice in its entirety during an active manhunt and then murder investigation.

Brian may not have lived but he did get away without being brought to court to answer for his crimes. I have absolutely no problem with the Petito family leveraging the courts against these people given the timeline of events. Would you want anything other than honesty and transparency if it was your kid?

I think people are saying that a lot of assumptions need to be made to get to that conclusion currently.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    This is the sort of problem--like most problems--that will not be solved in a courtroom. The problem of lawyers needing to put their kids through an Ivy OTOH . . .
    To take my argument to its not unreasonable extreme--the eagerness of people to sue for every grievance and dispute ultimately leads to the mess of a SCOTUS we are stuck with.
    I don’t think it was greedy tort lawyers responsible for the “mess.” (In quotes because I agree it’s a mess but everyone has their own opinion as to what that means.) They don’t have to take every case because very very few appeals to SCOTUS are appeals of right or original jurisdiction so it’s not like “they can’t do their work right because they’re overloaded.” It’s more like, they can’t do their work right because nowadays they take bribes (apparently legally?!?!?) and are more politically motivated than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I think people are saying that a lot of assumptions need to be made to get to that conclusion currently.
    Really? These are not assumptions: They didn't report his disappearance for days and gave a false date to cops. There is the letter. There is access to the gun and car. How much do you need before they're entitled to a day in court? Laundrie's parents want to wave this all away and want the matter dropped, I guess we'll see if a udge and jury in Florida agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    It feels like the girl's parents are using lawsuits as a coping mechanism at this point. I tend to agree with the above that it is not like this kid is running around scott free living his best life currently.

Sad situation all around. Both sets of parents are living basically their worst nightmares.
    This. Laundrie’s parents were never charged with crimes. Tort claims generally have a lower threshold of evidence for plaintiffs but this still seems like a bridge too far.

Sad situation for both parents for sure

Wow. They VERY LIKELY knew that their son had killed this girl THROUGH ADMISSION and didn't offer up the info, help police find her body, etc, and then let him slip away rather than face justice. There should have been criminal charges brought and hopefully there still can be. You yourself noticed that they gave him a three day head start on the cops - this is at a minimum not good parenting.

I am going to take a break from this thread rather than put up with any more delusional statements, victim blaming, and speculation that have been present from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Like maybe something like this?

she starts in on him like above, he pushes her back (half protecting himself), she falls/cracks skull/dies.

Similar thing happened with an old friend a long time ago. He did five years for manslaughter.
    Last edited by ex-powderbroker; 05-30-2023 at 01:31 PM.

Too bad you aren’t the FL county prosecutor and could bring charges of bad parenting. Or the county prosecutor that brought charges against my friend. What with your superior knowledge of law and particular fact sets…

When you quoted me above you forgot to include the police report from the Moab encounter that I was referencing - you know, for context. It’s back on page 2, the same day this thread started.

But yea, you might wanna take a break, and a deep breath.