Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    I don’t have any wild speculation to share but just another thought on the whole influencer/IG thing. We’re currently traveling and these people are everywhere, seemingly every female of 20ish years old, from all countries.

You can spot them from a mile away, young girl dressed to the nines/out of place, hauling some poor dude in shorts and a tshirt. They arrive at some Instagramable spot, she starts pulling off outerwear, then does the same 5-6 poses while boyfriend/husband dutifully takes photos. After the session she walks over and grabs the phone and reviews the shots, coaches him a bit on the framing and then they start again.

This is all while holding up the normal movement of people at a choke point or blocking the view of people that arrived before them. I’m not sure either of them see what they are photographing outside of the phone screen, except while she’s doing the faraway stare pose.

Anyway, none of this can be healthy for anyone’s mental health. The amount of ego and self absorbed thought that goes into it must be exhausting for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    White trash alternative to Sprinter.
    Maybe they don't like rusty #vanlife!

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I don’t have any wild speculation to share but just another thought on the whole influencer/IG thing. We’re currently traveling and these people are everywhere, seemingly every female of 20ish years old, from all countries.

You can spot them from a mile away, young girl dressed to the nines/out of place, hauling some poor dude in shorts and a tshirt. They arrive at some Instagramable spot, she starts pulling off outerwear, then does the same 5-6 poses while boyfriend/husband dutifully takes photos. After the session she walks over and grabs the phone and reviews the shots, coaches him a bit on the framing and then they start again.

This is all while holding up the normal movement of people at a choke point or blocking the view of people that arrived before them. I’m not sure either of them see what they are photographing outside of the phone screen, except while she’s doing the faraway stare pose.

Anyway, none of this can be healthy for anyone’s mental health. The amount of ego and self absorbed thought that goes into it must be exhausting for both parties.
    So you’re going with selfie-accidental death?

It’s totally plausible.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by jummo View Post
    I don't see how the rest of you missed this. It's all about the timeline.
    The domestic incident that draws attention to them takes place at the coop where one of the murdered lesbian couple works.
    That night he goes to the motel, she goes back up to where they've been camping, next door to the newlyweds. Speculation, sure, but it has to be.
    Seeing that she's distraught, they try to comfort her, and tell her he's been creeping them out the whole time and that's why the police were called when the fight occurred.
    She, freaks out and kills them, believing they have ruined her life. There could be some depressed bisexual tendencies at play here, but I do not feel qualified to speculate.
    The next day she and the fiancé hit the road reunited.
    She confesses to what she has done. At first, he's kind of turned on by this. "She killed for me, and now, I hold dominion over her, because I know".
    They both feel somewhat liberated by the whole experience and head north.
    But soon, the gravity of what she has done, begins to takes its toll.
    Obsessed and wracked with guilt, she insists on turning themselves in. He wants nothing to do with this, because he's done nothing wrong.
    She becomes increasingly shrill and insistent that they confess until he can't take it anymore. And he kills her.
    Believing that justice has been served and he has done nothing wrong, he drives back home to Mom and Dad.
    Since they never liked her that much anyway, they lawyer up and hope for the best.
    Yep, that's what I reckon happened.

jummo
    If this does not turn out to be true, you still have a viable project pitch for the Lifetime Network.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What are the chances this is tied to the Alex Murdaugh thing somehow?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    What are the chances this is tied to the Alex Murdaugh thing somehow?
    without a doubt connected
    that one girl was her best friends cousins boyfriend from prep school
    so they watch natural born killers one too many times together?

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I watched the whole thing and thought that was a good example of good police work. They separated the two of them, getting stories from both, assessed the situation and came up with a good outcome.

They didn’t have to get the kid a hotel room, but they did. I thought the officer relating things in his own life was good as well.

Hell of a weird story. He sure didn’t come off as a killer in that body cam footage and their YT footage certainly looked like they loved each other.
    Yeah, the whole starting out the interrogation basically accusing the dude seems to be a strategy. Men know that cops are always going to lean towards the woman's side, so it makes sense to not play like that aint the way. Once he lays that foundation, he starts to back off and seems to be believing the guy more. Does come off as predatory at first, but it also seems like they are trained that way. Kinda fascinating.

We're all conditioned to be suspicious on first encounters and the good cops look for the little things that tweak the radar. I was watching ID a couple weeks ago about Robert Hansen the serial killer. The police had suspicions but could never pin anything on him initially, but what was interesting was one of the detectives said that after Hansen finally agreed to take him to his home and let him search it, when Hansen walked into the house, his dog ran and hid in a closet. Detective said he would have probably moved on from Hansen as a suspect at the time when they didn't find anything, but the dog gave off a vibe.

I don't know. Still seems better than a desk job to me. You can probably get your "influencer" job done fairly quickly then have plenty of time to relax and smell the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I don't know. Still seems better than a desk job to me. You can probably get your "influencer" job done fairly quickly then have plenty of time to relax and smell the flowers.
    my high school friend that we dragged around and would whore out to stand outside liquor stores to get us voldka at age 15 got sober and super fat then ended up becoming a mommy blogger it just doesn't seem right that you can pimp your kids out online but the world eats up facebook and instagram

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Yeah, the whole starting out the interrogation basically accusing the dude seems to be a strategy. Men know that cops are always going to lean towards the woman's side, so it makes sense to not play like that aint the way. Once he lays that foundation, he starts to back off and seems to be believing the guy more. Does come off as predatory at first, but it also seems like they are trained that way. Kinda fascinating.
    Yeah, when my wife's car ran her over a couple of years ago, once she was loaded up in the ambulance the cop's first questions to me were all basically, "why did you run her over?" and shit like that. I was so pissed. If she hadn't been conscious so we could both say the same thing, that the car was in neutral, not park, I don't know how many more questions I would have answered before deciding I better lawyer up since I was clearly guilty until proven innocent, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    my high school friend that we dragged around and would whore out to stand outside liquor stores to get us voldka at age 15 got sober and super fat then ended up becoming a mommy blogger it just doesn't seem right that you can pimp your kids out online but the world eats up facebook and instagram
    Sweet. You pimped her out for booze and now she's pimping her kids out for bon bons. The circle of life.

She must be unvaccinated, otherwise…like… that microchip…5g and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Yeah, when my wife's car ran her over a couple of years ago, once she was loaded up in the ambulance the cop's first questions to me were all basically, "why did you run her over?" and shit like that. I was so pissed. If she hadn't been conscious so we could both say the same thing, that the car was in neutral, not park, I don't know how many more questions I would have answered before deciding I better lawyer up since I was clearly guilty until proven innocent, not the other way around.
    I’ve had so many of these kinds of interactions.
    They’re generally simple-minded and they make quick judgments dividing people into victims and perpetrators. Once they’ve placed you in the perp category, everything in the interaction is geared toward building a case against you.

I’ve been made to lay on the pavement for 45 minutes because I was looking over a fence at a motorcycle I had already paid for and was there to pick up. I’ve been stopped on the roadside and questioned about everything in my life for 30 minutes, having nothing to do with reasonable suspicion of a crime, by a drug cop because I had a beard and Washington plates in Illinois. I’ve had a cop lie to my coworker in an interview, telling him he knows me and my wife personally and I’m abusive with my wife, he just fabricated that so this coworker would think “I guess I don’t know him do well after all”…well we know he’s guilty so here’s what you have to say. Same cop basically told him what to say, and even after that he still wrote a report full of lies even beyond that.
    I’ve had cops just completely get laws wrong (you can’t surf here, you can’t walk dogs there) and order me around based on “laws” that don’t even exist.

I spent lots of time around cops playing police/fire hockey, also played on a league team with all the cops…they’re predators who make simple-minded snap judgments categorizing people into pre-defined roles in this dumb processing they do where they tick off questions for their bullshit reports for the bullshit lawyers.
    It’s all 70 years removed from actually serving the community, it’s just meatheads roaming around looking for people to hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    It’s all 70 years removed from actually serving the community, it’s just meatheads roaming around looking for people to hassle.
    Meh, not ALL but many are definitely PTSD veterans on steroids mostly looking out for themselves when things go south and using the power trip to keep "the animals" in line. I've known a few friends from high school who went military and ended up in law enforcement. This is accurate for some of them. I've heard them talk about poor people in that manner.

If you're white and seemingly successful (i.e. look like you can hire a good lawyer and you're not on camera intoxicated) they are lovie dovie to you and seem really cool and nice. But if you aren't and have rubbed them the wrong way you'd better watch the fuck out. They can totally railroad you and ruin your life (again as friends I have have experienced more than once)
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

I hope that you filed a complaint against that officer.

When some older kids cornered me and stole my bike as a kid, the cop that came to take a police report accused me of selling the bike. Typical cop bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I spent lots of time around cops playing police/fire hockey, also played on a league team with all the cops…they’re predators who make simple-minded snap judgments categorizing people into pre-defined roles in this dumb processing they do where they tick off questions for their bullshit reports for the bullshit lawyers.
    How hard do you check these guys in games?

Yeah, when my wife's car ran her over .
    I feel like this needs to be expanded upon…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Was it a '58 Plymouth Fury?

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    I feel like this needs to be expanded upon…….
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...48-Maggot-down

She's basically 100% recovered. Getting the femur rod out next month

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...48-Maggot-down

She's basically 100% recovered. Getting the femur rod out next month
    Holy shit dude, sorry I missed that…….Glad she’s recovered!
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by jummo View Post
    I don't see how the rest of you missed this. It's all about the timeline.
    The domestic incident that draws attention to them takes place at the coop where one of the murdered lesbian couple works.
    That night he goes to the motel, she goes back up to where they've been camping, next door to the newlyweds. Speculation, sure, but it has to be.
    Seeing that she's distraught, they try to comfort her, and tell her he's been creeping them out the whole time and that's why the police were called when the fight occurred.
    She, freaks out and kills them, believing they have ruined her life. There could be some depressed bisexual tendencies at play here, but I do not feel qualified to speculate.
    The next day she and the fiancé hit the road reunited.
    She confesses to what she has done. At first, he's kind of turned on by this. "She killed for me, and now, I hold dominion over her, because I know".
    They both feel somewhat liberated by the whole experience and head north.
    But soon, the gravity of what she has done, begins to takes its toll.
    Obsessed and wracked with guilt, she insists on turning themselves in. He wants nothing to do with this, because he's done nothing wrong.
    She becomes increasingly shrill and insistent that they confess until he can't take it anymore. And he kills her.
    Believing that justice has been served and he has done nothing wrong, he drives back home to Mom and Dad.
    Since they never liked her that much anyway, they lawyer up and hope for the best.
    Yep, that's what I reckon happened.

jummo
    Mind = blown

Sunshine heart hands!

I’ve had so many of these kinds of interactions.
    They’re generally simple-minded and they make quick judgments dividing people into victims and perpetrators. Once they’ve placed you in the perp category, everything in the interaction is geared toward building a case against you.

I’ve been made to lay on the pavement for 45 minutes because I was looking over a fence at a motorcycle I had already paid for and was there to pick up. I’ve been stopped on the roadside and questioned about everything in my life for 30 minutes, having nothing to do with reasonable suspicion of a crime, by a drug cop because I had a beard and Washington plates in Illinois. I’ve had a cop lie to my coworker in an interview, telling him he knows me and my wife personally and I’m abusive with my wife, he just fabricated that so this coworker would think “I guess I don’t know him do well after all”…well we know he’s guilty so here’s what you have to say. Same cop basically told him what to say, and even after that he still wrote a report full of lies even beyond that.
    I’ve had cops just completely get laws wrong (you can’t surf here, you can’t walk dogs there) and order me around based on “laws” that don’t even exist.

Maybe so but just as many women sit/stand next to an abuser scared to death and tell the cops everything is fine while the abuser turns on the charm so separating the two and spending time questioning them could actually save lives.

Men being made uncomfortable for a little bit probably has saved some womens lives.

Yeah, I was outside an old-school funky record store once (I forget what city I was in...maybe SF) and these two young women did exactly as you just said. I was standing there somewhat shocked. I could not believe the effort and time they put into getting the 'perfect' pic. They never went into the store...

It's not healthy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/14/face...teens-wsj.html