Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    It's going on right next door to me. Family with two alcoholic parents and two kids about age 7 and 11. Their friends come over and asked me to call the police then they're on benders and dude is beating the wife and kids. I've probably talked to the cops at least 6 times about it. Never see it but definitely hear the yelling screaming and crying coming from that place. Cops never take the kids because there are no witnesses besides the wife who doesn't speak any English and is terrified to speak up, undocumented..

I keep tabs on things best I can talking to the older kid who does speak good English. I talk soccer with the dad when he's rational. Absolute Jeckyl and Hyde. He has no idea I'm one of the ones calling the cops on them when the kids appear to be in danger. the main concerned neighbor friend of theirs also works at the same grocery store my kids were working at for awhile.. That's why he came to me with the accounts of what the wife was telling him.. But I think he has a crush on her so there's that dynamic too. Worst one was he claimed husband stabbed her and she was in the hospital. I was never able to verify this nor were the police. But, I do know those kids were being beaten. I haven't hear it happening since the last time I called the police though.

I can certainly see why other relatives and friends get frustrated with the legal remedies not working and go rogue with these monsters.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Vibes IAS...

you should probably write that shit down, like in more detail. I can imagine there was a big lead up to that first incident with your mom and hiding. Could be cathartic. Maybe turn into a book....try to see that glass as half full....

Seriously..good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    It's going on right next door to me. Family with two alcoholic parents and two kids about age 7 and 11. Their friends come over and asked me to call the police then they're on benders and dude is beating the wife and kids. I've probably talked to the cops at least 6 times about it. Never see it but definitely hear the yelling screaming and crying coming from that place. Cops never take the kids because there are no witnesses besides the wife who doesn't speak any English and is terrified to speak up, undocumented..

I keep tabs on things best I can talking to the older kid who does speak good English. I talk soccer with the dad when he's rational. Absolute Jeckyl and Hyde. He has no idea I'm one of the ones calling the cops on them when the kids appear to be in danger. the main concerned neighbor friend of theirs also works at the same grocery store my kids were working at for awhile.. That's why he came to me with the accounts of what the wife was telling him.. But I think he has a crush on her so there's that dynamic too. Worst one was he claimed husband stabbed her and she was in the hospital. I was never able to verify this nor were the police. But, I do know those kids were being beaten. I haven't hear it happening since the last time I called the police though.

I can certainly see why other relatives and friends get frustrated with the legal remedies not working and go rogue with these monsters.
    why would you even talk to the guy, knowing what you know? i don't know if I could do that...
    hate to say it, as it might implicate me in the future, but my method might be to give him a serious ass kicking. Next time you hear the beatings head over, mid way through have kid call cops and say it was so bad you could not help but intervene, you thought he would kill her/kids...he learns a lesson that you don't beat women and children, not matter how bad your life mightve been.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    why would you even talk to the guy, knowing what you know? i don't know if I could do that...
    hate to say it, as it might implicate me in the future, but my method might be to give him a serious ass kicking. Next time you hear the beatings head over, mid way through have kid call cops and say it was so bad you could not help but intervene, you thought he would kill her/kids...he learns a lesson that you don't beat women and children, not matter how bad your life mightve been.
    The coworker of my kids took an approach more like that. Dude always has a knife so any altercation would likely end up as manslaughter. Sorry but not going to upend my family life that much to save theirs. What I did to is give their intervening friend the meeting schedule for the Spanish speaking AA groups in our area. He's doing better but still drinking every other week or so. Definitely calling the police whenever it sounds like they are in danger there.

Only time I ever intervened was when the little girl was crying on the porch at 11pm. I could hear the older kid inside laughing. He was playing a joke of some sort locking her out with no clue how bad that could have gone. I knocked on the door and said open up please so they knew it was me. Older boy opens the door. Mom and dad aren't home.. Elderly person appeared to be passed out on the living room couch. I scolded the older kid. This was before the neighbor told me about the stabbing.

End of the day, mom will likely lose the American citizen kids to foster care and all the adults get deported if they can't get their shit together. I suspect that's something the cops are trying to avoid if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    The coworker of my kids took an approach more like that. Dude always has a knife so any altercation would likely end up as manslaughter. Sorry but not going to upend my family life that much to save theirs. What I did to is give their intervening friend the meeting schedule for the Spanish speaking AA groups in our area. He's doing better but still drinking every other week or so. Definitely calling the police whenever it sounds like they are in danger there.

Only time I ever intervened was when the little girl was crying on the porch at 11pm. I could hear the older kid inside laughing. He was playing a joke of some sort locking her out with no clue how bad that could have gone. I knocked on the door and said open up please so they knew it was me. Older boy opens the door. Mom and dad aren't home.. Elderly person appeared to be passed out on the living room couch. I scolded the older kid. This was before the neighbor told me about the stabbing.

End of the day, mom will likely lose the American citizen kids to foster care and all the adults get deported if they can't get their shit together. I suspect that's something the cops are trying to avoid if possible.
    to be clear, i am not faulting you at all. I just dont know if I could interact with that dude...

It would be a very risky, likely stupid move, but there are just some things I feel people need to stand up for. Kids and women are at the top of the list. Good on ya for keeping your cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    to be clear, i am not faulting you at all. I just dont know if I could interact with that dude...

It would be a very risky, likely stupid move, but there are just some things I feel people need to stand up for. Kids and women are at the top of the list. Good on ya for keeping your cool.
    Ya, it's never as simple as it seems from outsider observation. Things that run through my mind when deciding how and when to snitch.. 3 vehicles parked outside no garage can be vandalized by him or his other friends. They could poison our pets.. all kinds of risks if his other friends also get involved. I only call when I'm dead sure the kids are in immediate danger and do it under the conditions that the police don't identify me as the person who called on them.

As for interacting with the dude and other folks there. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer..

UT/WY Missing Persons Case>WILD

Keep on keeping on IAS.

YOU are NOT that bullshit.

Not to minimize Gabby’s family’s loss but…
    Here’s what bothers me about this whole thing:

Hundreds of indigenous women and girls have gone missing in Wyoming and you never hear a single thing.

One blonde Instagram vanlifer goes missing and murdered and the whole world pays attention. ONE

https://news.yahoo.com/710-indigenou...042150990.html

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Keep on keeping on IAS.

Hundreds of indigenous women and girls have gone missing in Wyoming and you never hear a single thing.

One blonde Instagram vanlifer goes missing and murdered and the whole world pays attention. ONE

Said the same thing and posted a link to a missing persons DB. Its really something else how the media latches onto a pretty blonde girl, thats into "blogging" and "#vanlife". It keeps eyes glued...pretty sure i'd have to make a LOT of fucking noise to get this kind of attention if my kids went missing.

Keep on keeping on IAS.

Every. Last. Fucking. Word. Of. This.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Keep on keeping on IAS.

Same thing in Montana. But a Kartrashian goes into the ditch and it's all over the news.

Sandra Bland.. It's not always some ex or predator. But ya, non white folks are in a lot more danger of harm from all sides...

Keep on keeping on IAS.

This is precisely why I haven't clicked on a single news story involving this fiasco (and I've only read 2 pages of this thread). This story is perfect for news organizations to get tons of clicks as it appeals to a broad range of middle class white folks. Hell, there are already 20+ pages here about it.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Seems like they had separate unreconciled goals for the trip. She was attempting to run a business of sorts, he was in it for the adventure. He was pissed that they spent the whole day in the coffee shop so she could work on the blog, when the original plan was to go hiking (body cam vid). He was verbally abusive (told her she sucked at blogging) cause he wasn't getting what he wanted.

I see a narcissist/sociopath and a co-dependant spiraling out of control. Stuffing themselves in to a tin can for weeks on end and removing all familiar structure and routine was a good way to accelerate that cycle and bring out the worst in both. Which in BLs case seems to be extremely bad.

You can find beauty and meaning on the open road and in wild places, but you can also find the mundane, disillusionment, despair, loneliness, madness, etc. I think it has a lot to do with what's inside you already, and what you were hoping to find.

Speaking of what's inside, can we talk about BL's creepy/demonic art? Anyone else see that Instagram page? Reminds me of Matt Phelps, the dude that stabbed his wife to death and said the cough medicine made him do it. He had similar dark tastes in art/music.

Poor Gabbi. RIP.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    you can also find the mundane, disillusionment, despair, loneliness, madness, etc.
    I usually find that in airport bars. I kinda like it.

This is nothing new, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post

Speaking of what's inside, can we talk about BL's creepy/demonic art? Anyone else see that Instagram page?
    The way he described his penchant for Itchy and Scratchy was very telling and fucking eery as hell. Felt dirty after looking at his page, my morbid curiosity got the best of me. I hope that shit gets deleted as his page is likely to draw interest from thousands of other sick fucks just like him, as if it hasn't already. 250K followers now. Who follows a murderer? Ugh.

Keep on keeping on IAS.

Aside from the white thing and the blog/insta followers, it seems like maybe the fact that they were pulled over by the cops due to a domestic issue all while being videotaped made this seem more real to the general public, hence the public outcry.

The indigenous women missing has been going on for so long and is so fucked up. The disturbing part is how it has been handled by the 'chiefs' of those communities. I read about this a long time ago and don't recall the specific details, but there are certainly some really really f'd up cultural shit going on also.

Yeti, you have continued to share over the years, and for what it's worth, I'm extremely impressed by you and your mental strength to continue on as you have. I only wish the best for you and would love to make turns someday together.

So with this guy missing, I have to think for a regular guy his age to actually disappear in this day and age he’d have to have some deep contacts with intelligence or organized crime. I just don’t see how some layman is going to have a bunch of untraceable funds and a fake passport and a passable disguise just ready to successfully deploy without expert assistance.

Also, in light of that, the odds have to tip toward suicide right?

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    So with this guy missing, I have to think for a regular guy his age to actually disappear in this day and age he’d have to have some deep contacts with intelligence or organized crime. I just don’t see how some layman is going to have a bunch of untraceable funds and a fake passport and a passable disguise just ready to successfully deploy without expert assistance.

This was my first thought but the amount of help his parents provided, lying to the police to give him a head start makes it possible they had some cash on hand they gave him to disappear. Still betting the coward killed himself rather than face the music.

I think it would be very hard to permanently disappear. But if you have a bunch of cash, you could pretty easily disappear for a while.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post

I think the only reason they haven’t found him yet is because he is dead. It is significantly harder to find a body than it is to find a person, even when you know where to look.

My guess is he is hanging from a tree somewhere in that nature preserve and he’ll stay there until a hunter finds him a few years down the road.

swing your fucking sword.

Yeah Florida rough country is tough searching.

I think he fancies himself a outdoorsman--so my guess is mom and dad gave him $ and he's somewhere completely different where they said he went, maybe hiking the AT?

If he killed her, he's not smart, otherwise he would have driven the van straight to Mexico and not back to FL.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Cash will run out. He doesn't seem like the suicide type. Not corned just yet. Lots of homeless camps that he could hide out amongst and make the dollars go further. Not much of a life on the lamb, panhandling for change to scrape by. Law enforcement should call off the search, diffuse the situation. Create a gap. Pick him up in Seattle working for a car wash or something.

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

If he killed her, he's not smart, otherwise he would have driven the van straight to Mexico and not back to FL.
    I have zero doubt.. HE KILLED HER. Otherwise he wouldn't have driven the van anywhere. He knew there was no way she was going to be able to call the police and tell them he stole her van. He was able to just take his time cruising around in that van with zero worries about getting hassled on the way home.