Official Sprocket Rockets Indoor Cycling Workout Thread

My hope is to have a weekly workout series up and running in November. This will be geared toward general fitness and will not be part of a specific training plan, in other words this is only one workout out of the week.

These workouts will be shared in a password protected folder for everyone to have access to. They ought to be useable in Zwift and on other indoor training platforms (e.g. trainer road). However, for the purpose of the group activity, we'll be using Zwift.

From there we can set a weekly ride leader schedule. This ride leader will need to create a group workout with the "fence" that holds everyone together. While Waiting for the session to begin, each rider will need to load the pre-chosen workout. When the ride begins the workout ought to begin for all riders at the same time.

Riders will be riding at a "%" of their "Threshold Power (FTP)". This means that as long as your threshold power is set correctly, the workout will be more or less appropriate for you because we'll all be riding at a "relative" intensity (relative to our respective FTPs).

Instructions
    Determining Correct FTP

Downloading and Loading Workouts

Joining Zwift Meet-ups

Communication during the Ride

Workout too easy or too hard:

Training Theory

Workout Folder
    Last edited by XtrPickels; 09-11-2021 at 08:57 PM.

HOLD FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Sounds good, will be a good addition to the weekly series we did last winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In. Lots of Z5/6 work please, thanks in advance.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    In. Lots of Z5/6 work please, thanks in advance.
    I’m in if we throw in some Z7 too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CD18410.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	426.4 KB 
ID:	385296

I only want to do Tempo for hours and hours... Can I play too or is this the 180bpm club?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Death to tempo!
    Creating workouts now, at the moment we have:
    1. Over / Under Threshold
    2. 30/30s and similar
    3. Straight Vo2 efforts
    4. Some anaerobic / sprinty efforts
    5. Some Mixed Efforts

For the actual progression from week to week, something like:
    1. 30/30s (fairly easy and entertaining).
    2. 30/30 + SubLT (Add a little more fire)
    2. O/Us (Learn to deal with the discomfort)
    3. VO2 + Threshold (Intro to VO2 along with Threshold)
    4. VO2 (Bring on the Suck)

FKNA stoked and in.

Plus I had some underlying fitness issues I was struggling with that I finally got to the bottom of. Long road back but looking forward to having a little power again at some point. So great timing.

I'm in as well if it can be incorporated with group rides. Sounds awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I only want to do Tempo for hours and hours... Can I play too or is this the 180bpm club?
    I'm probably interested in an occasional tempo ride, let's chat once the weather has gotten shittier.

Haha...i was joking. I do intervals on the trainer like everyone else. Pretty much either Z2 or Z5 with little in between.

But the reason is that I want to ride tempo for hours outside, and being fitter just means I can go even farther.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Haha...i was joking. I do intervals on the trainer like everyone else. Pretty much either Z2 or Z5 with little in between.

But the reason is that I want to ride tempo for hours outside, and being fitter just means I can go even farther.
    Woops, my bad. I thought "tempo" meant Z2. Maybe I'm just lazy when I ride outside.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Woops, my bad. I thought "tempo" meant Z2. Maybe I'm just lazy when I ride outside.
    Z1/recovery
    Z2/endurance/"easy" or "conversational"
    Z3/tempo/"moderate"
    Z4/threshold
    Z5/vo2max
    Z6/anaerobic capacity
    Z7/max effort
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Probably a dumb question…

Has anyone tired using a full suspension MTB on a trainer? I have a pivot Mach 4 Sl that has a pretty solid remote lockout. I’m wondering about a trainer but I’m currently on the double mountain bike bandwagon.

I’m looking at a direct drive trainer.

Count me in if time zone difference doesn’t interfere.

It sounds like you’ve got all the workouts sussed out but if you want some from SF or TR that I’ve made lemme know.

Tailwind, yes you can use mountain bikes on DD and many new ones already come with adapters. I don’t use one but it can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    パウダーバカ!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Probably a dumb question…

Has anyone tired using a full suspension MTB on a trainer? I have a pivot Mach 4 Sl that has a pretty solid remote lockout. I’m wondering about a trainer but I’m currently on the double mountain bike bandwagon.

I’m looking at a direct drive trainer.
    I've done it, it works, but obviously there's some efficiency loss.
    However, not as much as actually rolling on knobby tires in the rear world.

Quote Originally Posted by satori View Post
    Count me in if time zone difference doesn’t interfere.

It sounds like you’ve got all the workouts sussed out but if you want some from SF or TR that I’ve made lemme know.

Tailwind, yes you can use mountain bikes on DD and many new ones already come with adapters. I don’t use one but it can be done.

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to avoid the SF workouts as I know their author quite well and do not want any potential infringement.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Thanks for the offer. I'm going to avoid the SF workouts as I know their author quite well and do not want any potential infringement.
    Fair enough. I’ve seen other threads about that and understand. The simple fact is once you’ve seen all the different workouts across platforms you can find lots of similarities between them and it’s often slight tweaks and name changes that are the only real difference. Especially when you start looking at everything on whatsonzwift dot com at their database of workouts loads of parallels amongst the big three.

パウダーバカ!!

Whelp, it's December and I haven't done this yet. No one's really training until the New-Year anyway, right?

I'll posting this to encourage me to work on it this month and have it running in January.

Thanks for the feedback. I picked up a refurbished Wahoo Kickr on Black Friday. It came with a one year membership to SYSTM, so it’s nice to have some content. Trying to figure out the platform a bit more but it’s really fascinating having done two short rides. I like getting good power data as I’ve never trained with power before and it seems like a 45 minute ride can be more effective than a 45 minute ride outside. Mountain bike seems to be working fine so far. A little worried it’ll be hard on the pivots, but we’ll see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by satori View Post

Oops this should be in the other training thread. Deleted