Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    So much bullshit. Let’s roll another one and smoke it up.
    don't cunt up this worthwhile thread with your "9/11 was a total inside job" bullshit ramblings.

instead just go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    don't cunt up this worthwhile thread with your "9/11 was a total inside job" bullshit ramblings.

bennymac ftmfw

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

What is the message from flight 93

When Americans understood that hijackers getting into the cockpit of a plane meant certain death. The passengers on a flight would never let anyone take over a plane
    And look what we got
    Fuckin government
    Ineffective and stupid beyond reason
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    What is the message from flight 93

When Americans understood that hijackers getting into the cockpit of a plane meant certain death. The passengers on a flight would never let anyone take over a plane
    And look what we got
    Fuckin government
    Ineffective and stupid beyond reason
    A friend's dad flew for United and was in the air at the time. I expect the exact message that went out is online someplace, but from memory the copy he showed us said "Hijacked planes kamikaze world trade center. Secure flight deck to all personnel." I'm sure I remember that wrong, but that message changed everything.

ETA fuck coreshit and Nakedshorts and their bullshit. That transcript of Todd Beamer's call is brutal even for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I've seen plenty up close and personal. I'm aware of the horrors of that day as I watched it unfold in real time. Also I'm prone to nightmares so seeing that image everytime I open this page is not a recipe for a restful sleep.

After 20 years I think that man deserves to rest in peace.
    You were at the twin towers on Sept 11 2001?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

dip shit ended up with a new living room furniture set that was his consolation prize he was very proud of it being in his mid twenties and buying something so adult like
    when they finally told him to go home it was getting dark he snagged a six pack pounded them one right after another as he was driven home and dropped off at his door said he didn't get the slightest buzz cause his body and mind were so fucked up

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    You were at the twin towers on Sept 11 2001?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    That's not what she said.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That's not what she said.
    Im asking based on this comment.

I'm aware of the horrors of that day as I watched it unfold in real time.

She means watching live on TV.

But you knew that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

20 Years Later.....09/11

This is going to ramble fair warning

My first job out of college was a delivery driver at Jimmy John’s on MLK in Austin. (? Well heck Yeah, I got pretty lucky because I knew the manager so he hooked me up with the gig.)

Left the apartment to cover the 30 minute commute down MOPAC and be at work by my normal 10 minutes late for the 10 am shift. Traffic was normal because wtf else do you do but hustle off to the fucking cube farm while the shits going down.

I thought maybe they’d close the shop and I could go home. Kinda forgot that we’re supposed to be serving food and a restaurant should be the last place to close. Thought of myself as a little important for just a brief moment. Like “I’m going to work and a plane could crash down onto my truck but people need food so…”

Meanwhile my dad was stuck at DIA trying to get back to IAH. Rented a car and drove it.

Then, just a fucking normal day at the sandwich shop. I don’t know what I expected but it seemed so fucking lame to me at the time.

“Terrible thing huh?”
    “My god”
    “Well, I’ll have a gargantuan extra Mayo and a large drink”
    “You got it!”

I’m guessing a few top dogs and white shoes stayed home or went home but the place was just as fucking busy as normal. All the normal office folks came to get food for their room or team or whatever; orders went out for delivery. Austin was open for business to my recollection. UT and the government obviously shut but everybody else was out making those dollars.

Later it would hit me more. Like probably one of those people I encountered and resented for just going on about their day had lost someone close but didn’t know it until later. eve.n being as far away as we were, I served enough fucking sandwiches and drove enough miles that day it had to be true.

I don’t recall if the commute home was busy or not. Shit got real the next day when I was sober again and the assessments were taking place. Holy shit. Many good people lost that day. Fuck.

Remember when we killed that ugly fucker and dumped his lanky ass in the sea. That. Was. Awesome.

Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 09-13-2021 at 09:20 AM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

In skidog's world space=time. It's all the same continuum, man.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

But you knew that.

I only ask because for those that grew up in NYC area, and actually saw it "unfold real time" might have a different take. I know I do..I think those images should be forever remembered and continue to be shown. Its part of "remembering".

I have family members that were present at the time, thankfully they survived. Others I know were not so lucky.

I don't doubt KQ was profoundly effected by that day...however watching it "unfold in real time" on a tv from across the country is a bit different than looking out your window and actually seeing the smoke and the towers you knew your entire life were gone forever. Say what you will but her comment is VERY easy to take out of context.

But you knew that.

Yup. I had been in Manhattan on the 10th. Even took a pic of the trade towers the day before they fell.

On the morning of the 11th I got a call shortly after the first tower was hit from a friend who had left Manhattan with me just hours before. He was yelling into the phone telling me to turn on the news. We watched in silent horror trying to comprehend what we were seeing then the 2nd plane came into view and the 2nd tower was hit.

At that point me cell phone exploded with calls from my NY friends. I had meant to stay another day but left early.

As for the other comment, I have been a witness to the deaths of half a dozen people and for a non-medical civilian not living in a war zone I would say that's a lot.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I only ask because for those that grew up in NYC area, and actually saw it "unfold real time" might have a different take. I know I do..I think those images should be forever remembered and continue to be shown. Its part of "remembering".

I have family members that were present at the time, thankfully they survived. Others I know were not so lucky.

I don't doubt KQ was profoundly effected by that day...however watching it "unfold in real time" on a tv from across the country is a bit different than looking out your window and actually seeing the smoke and the towers you knew your entire life were gone forever. Say what you will but her comment is VERY easy to take out of context.
    You're a tool.

Empathy, try it out sometime. There are those of us who feel things quite deeply connecting across great distances. I was profoundly effected by the loss of all those souls just as I was effected by the tsunami in Thailand and Hurricane Katrina.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

I think everyone understands that actually being there was more impactful than viewing on TV. No need to explain.

But you can’t discount or invalidate someone’s feelings from that day because they weren’t physically there. Those feelings are real for that person even if you don’t believe they are valid.

I think the falling man pic should stay but not a point I care to argue. I read the full Esquire article last night and was horrified, there was a reason the jumpers were underreported by the media, it’s just too much.

You're a tool.

Empathy, try it out sometime. There are those of us who feel things quite deeply connecting across great distances. I was profoundly effected by the loss of alll those souls just as I was effected by the tsunami in Thailand and Hurricane Katrina.
    I asked a question....others attacked. I didnt call you out. I wanted clarification. I appreciate you were there too.

We disagree on the importance of the images. I believe they are very important, much like we still show images of holocaust victims. They help us to "never forget". I can understand how images can effect others as well, but still doesnt mean they should not be shown. I think you can block images via the settings, so maybe thats the answer, but to say it should be removed doesnt sit well.

But yeah name calling is mature...for fucks sake do you even ski?

I think everyone understands that actually being there was more impactful than viewing on TV. No need to explain.

But you can’t discount or invalidate someone’s feelings from that day because they weren’t physically there. Those feelings are real for that person even if you don’t believe they are valid.

I think the falling man pic should stay but not a point I care to argue. I read the full Esquire article last night and was horrified, there was a reason the jumpers were underreported by the media, it’s just too much.

Youre 100% right and I addressed that in a future post...I do NOT in any way discount how that image effects KQ OR anyone for that matter. Doesn't mean it shouldn't remain...thats all..

I asked a question....others attacked. I didnt call you
    Funny, I felt attacked. You discounted my feelings.

I

But yeah name calling is mature...for fucks sake do you even ski?
    Oh the irony.

Hearing the bangs in the recent doco i mentioned drives it home more than that Esquire article did for me...just shiver inducing...

I call it almost something like "subjecting" myself to something I shouldnt....i believe its for my own good. I look back and I see how, with that tragedy, the nation came together as one....didn't matter what you believed politically, you were proud of what you saw in the response...I liked that....in the 20 years that has passed its gone 180 degrees....just seems like everyone hates someone....It brings me down....maybe 9/11 is a sore spot for me....40 years living within 30ish miles of NYC it hits home..

Funny, I felt attacked. You discounted my feelings.

Oh the irony.
    I apologize if you felt attacked, it wasn't my intention....clarification and the answer you gave was what i wanted...you gave that.

The other folks responding before you had a chance? Well sorry I can't let some things go.

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    Todd Beamer, Filght 93, 911 call, heartbreaking (yet, damn, so proud of the courage of those passengers & flight crew)

Todd: Hello… Operator…listen to me…I can’t speak very loud. – This is an emergency. I’m a passenger on a United flight to San Francisco.. We have a situation here….Our plane has been hijacked…..can you understand me?

Lisa: (exhaling a deep breath to herself) I understand… Can the hijackers see you talking on the phone?

Todd: No

Todd: Everyone is… really scared. A few passengers with cell phones have made calls to relatives. A guy, Jeremy, was talking to his wife just before the hijacking started. She told him that hijackers had crashed two planes into the World Trade Center……Lisa is that true??

Lisa: Todd…..I have to tell you the truth…..it’s very bad. The World Trade Center is gone. Both of the towers have been destroyed.

Todd: Oh God —help us!

Lisa: A third plane was taken over by terrorists. It crashed into the Pentagon in Washington DC. Our country is under attack….and I’m afraid that your plane may be part of their plan.

Are you guys ready?……..

Let’s Roll……………………
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

That “transcript” is amazing. Do all airfone calls get recorded?

“A few passengers with cell phones have called relatives.”

Yeah. My cell phone works for voice calls in an airplane today just like it worked in a plane twenty years ago.

COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.

Look it up sometime. It does make life harder to live, but at some point you have to use science and logic.

WTC 7 is just as silly. But go ahead and think up more complex theories to explain the anomalies twenty years ago. The official narrative is bullshit.

I’m not here to argue, so y’all can continue with the Arab bad, nuke ‘EM all ooohrah I love my country bullshit.

PS. Fuck bush Cheney and all those other evil fuckers.

EDIT. to call bullshit on the transcript.

Shanksville crash happened before the second tower fell.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/9-11-...b06a74c9f48c09

=========///
    9:59 a.m.

After burning for 56 minutes, the south tower of the World Trade Center collapses at 9:59 a.m. The fall, which kills approximately 600 workers and first responders, lasts 10 seconds.

10:03 a.m.

The fourth hijacked plane crashes at 10:03 in a field in Shanksville, Pa.

The 9/11 Commission Report reports that several passengers make calls from the plane and receive word of the other hijackings. Upon hearing the news that major cities were being targeted, the passengers decide to fight back:

KEITH SRAKOCIC/AP
    Five calls described the intent of passengers and surviving crew mem­bers to revolt against the hijackers. According to one call, they voted on whether to rush the terrorists in an attempt to retake the plane. They decided, and acted.

At 9:57, the passenger assault began. Several passengers had terminated phone calls with loved ones in order to join the revolt. One of the callers ended her message as follows:”Everyone’s running up to first class. I’ve got to go. Bye.”
    According to the 9/11 Memorial, the hijackers deliberately crash in a field to prevent passengers from retaking the airplane. The crash site in Shanksville is approximately 20 minutes flying time from Washington, D.C.

10:28 a.m.

After burning for 102 minutes, the north tower of New York’s World Trade Center collapses, killing approximately 1,400 people.
    Last edited by Core Shot; 09-13-2021 at 09:47 AM.
    . . .

MY SIL watched the 2nd plane hit. She was working for Morgan Stanley at the time. Mid-town on Bdwy. Was in her bosses office with about a dozen other people. As soon as the 2nd plane hit, the boss said, that's it, everyone evacuate the floor. Those that lived in Brooklyn or Queens basically had to walk across the bridges on the East River to get out of Manhattan. All public transport had stopped. She ended up staying at a co-worker's place for about 6 hours until her husband could get to her because everyone was trying to get to family members after they got across the bridges. It was like combining, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukah all in to one day with the grid lock traffic in the boroughs.

I have a former co-worker who was on one of the piers at the Port of NJ, and witnessed the 2nd plane hit as well. He has a grainy pic that he took right before it hit. Several of my co-workers had neighbors that worked in the towers that lost someone.

One of our VP's was also in the air at the time. He's from Egypt. Yeah, he looks just like a terrorist. Said it was the most uncomfortable flight back from Toronto in his life. Everyone staring at him on the flight back to Newark like he was a potential terrorist. Probably wouldn't have helped to tell everyone he was a persecuted Christian and that's why his family emigrated to the USA.

I worked down on St. John street, near the fish market for a bit in the early 90's and spent some time in the WTC towers. Lots of international shipping companies had offices in those buildings at the time. Most had moved out by 2001 though. Wife and I finally went down there 2 years ago as she finally felt like she could go and visit the memorial.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

That “transcript” is amazing. Do all airfone calls get recorded?

“A few passengers with cell phones have called relatives.”

Yeah. My cell phone works for voice calls in an airplane today just like it worked in a plane twenty years ago.

COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.

Look it up sometime. It does make life harder to live, but at some point you have to use science and logic.

WTC 7 is just as silly. But go ahead and think up more complex theories to explain the anomalies twenty years ago. The official narrative is bullshit.

I’m not here to argue, so y’all can continue with the Arab bad, nuke ‘EM all ooohrah I love my country bullshit.

PS. Fuck bush Cheney and all those other evil fuckers.
    Because of fucktards like you I have occasionally left my phone on in flight. Usually by accident, but thanks to your Russian overlords I never let the opportunity pass to verify that, yes, I get a signal, particularly at lower altitudes. Just STFU.

y’all can continue with the Arab bad, nuke ‘EM all ooohrah I love my country bullshit.
    Thanks! Will do!