Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Exactly, all the characters are here in this thread

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Different era, much smaller body of evidence
    Eh, closer to Kennedy than to today. There were cellphones, yes, but the camera phone/smartphone hadn’t arrived yet in bulk and storage/data were still expensive. The limited amount of non-professional media made, and the reliance on oral history makes it different. If it’d been 2021 we’d have streamed video of the passengers storming the cockpit, not a reconstructed transcript of a phone call. In 2021 the thousands of people stuck in DC would have video of the plane flying over them into the pentagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    There's still evidence about the JFK assasination suppressed.
    Most plausible theory I have seen yet is Oswald got off a shot and a hit, and then the secret service accidentally shot him in the head in the subsequent confusion. There's no way they'd want that out there, that they killed the guy they were supposed to be protecting. Therefore all of the supression and mystery. It was on the History channel so take it with a whole ocean of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Most plausible theory I have seen yet is Oswald got off a shot and a hit, and then the secret service accidentally shot him in the head in the subsequent confusion. There's no way they'd want that out there, that they killed the guy they were supposed to be protecting. Therefore all of the supression and mystery. It was on the History channel so take it with a whole ocean of salt.
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f50d77b...7-bc0c31a31cb1
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Anyone have a copy of this cached? I missed it before the paywall went up.

Last edited by Bunion 2020; 09-13-2021 at 05:54 PM. Reason: fuckit
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    This thread reminds me of the Rescue Me episode where Lou, Kenny Shea, goes to the 9/11 support group to read his poetry.

Classic.
    You know what I mean?

Exactly, all the characters are here in this thread

So you two are saying feeling bad about 9/11 is reserved for those who were either there or lost a loved one/friend and that everyone here who is otherwise situated is a joke?

This thread has seriously ruined my yesterday and today. Knew I should never have wandered in here. I really need to trust my gut more.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Last edited by Bunion 2020; 09-13-2021 at 05:55 PM. Reason: fuckitx2
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    So you two are saying feeling bad about 9/11 is reserved for those who were either there or lost a loved one/friend and that everyone here who is otherwise situated is a joke?

This thread has seriously ruined my yesterday and today. Knew I should never have wandered in here. I really need to trust my gut more.
    Probably better to bite your tongue. Just because you don't like seeing the images doesn't mean they should be removed. You could've easily passed them by...

I believe those that were there, had loved ones and friends lost, watched those people actually jumping, have a much deeper feeling of that day than someone clear across the country would. It's not demeaning to say you just don't get it like those of us that lived in "in real time". Ever sit down and talk to a person that was actually there, and actually watched people jump? I have, hes my cousin. Sorry it's fucking different.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Nevermind.

The vast majority of us experienced 9/11 the same way: from a safe distance on a tv screen. That’s the point of the clip, I think it’s accurate.

Not at all what I am saying, and I started this thread…..The clip MU referred to, and I posted, is satire…. I was a FF in Albuquerque fucking NM on 09/11, and my wife and kids still wonder why this time of year I’m not right…. Sorry if your days were “ruined”……Stay safe and healthy KQ.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Eh, closer to Kennedy than to today. There were cellphones, yes, but the camera phone/smartphone hadn’t arrived yet in bulk and storage/data were still expensive. The limited amount of non-professional media made, and the reliance on oral history makes it different. If it’d been 2021 we’d have streamed video of the passengers storming the cockpit, not a reconstructed transcript of a phone call. In 2021 the thousands of people stuck in DC would have video of the plane flying over them into the pentagon.
    And in 2001 the DOD had satellites that can read your license plate.
    And yet no security cameras on the pentagon, other than one grainy footage cam of four frames of fireball. Ok. Sure.
    . . .

Hah, Paris. My buddy has a great story about a group of high end insurance sales people he had just sheapered through an amazingly primo week of French chalets and wine cellars and Michelin three star food being turned back in mid air to Paris on 9/11, and he had to scramble to house and feed them for another week in Paris. The horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Probably better to bite your tongue. Just because you don't like seeing the images doesn't mean they should be removed. You could've easily passed them by...

I believe those that were there, had loved ones and friends lost, watched those people actually jumping, have a much deeper feeling of that day than someone clear across the country would. It's not demeaning to say you just don't get it like those of us that lived in "in real time". Ever sit down and talk to a person that was actually there, and actually watched people jump? I have, hes my cousin. Sorry it's fucking different.

Actually I can't pass by the image. It shows everytime I open the page.

Again, you seem to lack the ability to empathize or you would understand how someone can feel great sorrow and pain when learning of lost lives.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Wait, Paris France?????Look, I get that everyone is on edge these days…. But FFS. This thread was to commemorate the horror of twenty years ago…..One of our survival mechanisms is gallows humor. If I offended anyone, I apologize. I still can’t sit on the toilet right cause I did the stair climb, for the tenth year running, on Saturday…..Mods feel free to nuke this if it’s warranted, I’m pouring a drink.

I’m not saying that, I was saying it reminds me of that episode. People just being shitty to each other and trying to claim their experience is more authentic for whatever reasons. People react and deal in different ways and for me grief has always been a private thing. I’m not going to talk about the horrible shit that I’ve seen at work or during the first gulf war because no one understands my experience.

^^^^^^^This.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post

This guy for example

And thanks for your service, MU.

I’m not saying that, I was saying it reminds me of that episode. People just being shitty to each other and trying to claim their experience is more authentic for whatever reasons. People react and deal in different ways and for me grief has always been a private thing. I’m not going to talk about the horrible shit that I’ve seen at work or during the first gulf war because no one understands my experience.

I had literally NO IDEA my dad was suffering from PTSD my entire life. He eventually died from long term complications and it was determined to be combat related. I did know he was wounded twice in Vietnam. He kept that shit totally private..

As for the direction this conversation has been heading.. Can we please just quit with the holier than thou bullshit. Nobody gets to tell someone else what they're feeling or how strongly..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

This cunting is from 1 person.

Skidog lived 30 miles away from the towers and his cousin saw it happen, so yea, he was practically there, and will now police your grief.

I know a guy who was there, am I qualified to grieve? Skidog? Am I ?

Fuck off

Listen, it was a terrible day. I don’t blame people who don’t want to see the images over and over again. I’m glad I wasn’t downtown for it. My wife saw people hitting the sidewalk and I don’t get the impression it’s something she wants to see again. I was in the area a couple weeks after, as soon as they pulled the perimeter back, and just the smell was something I won’t ever forget. If somebody posts another picture, will that push the previous image back?
    Here’s a bad picture of the towers of light on Saturday night, taken from the NJ side of the river.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4684F5F0-574D-42C4-82A5-79FB4E351159.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	295.4 KB 
ID:	385320

Thanks Brownski and vibes to you and yours…. I’ve got shirts ifn anyone wants one……
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5258.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	385321

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier