Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    ^^^^All through the soccer adult league playing, coaching kids with other adults "helping", and scout hikes my greatest fear was to either have a Ted in our group or to be Ted. I actually had a nightmare once of hiking at a park we have camped at several times and being paralyzed on the ground staring up unable to speak or move while my daughter is freaking out trying to get help. We had several doctors in the scout troop and did wilderness first aid along with annual CPR refreshers. I've never been in a situation where I had to use it and/or find the defib. But the annual refreshers gave a clue that it is HARD to do for more than a few minutes alone.

Props to you for trying and I know that tragic experience will be with you forever :-(
    During my 20 years in post-production, I developed a very dark sense of humor which has served me well, especially now doing 9-1-1 dispatch. Sometimes it's good to know I can still be emotional. The Ted experience was a rough one, but kind of unique in that we were all surrounded by our very best friends. This is the war story I like to tell every time we're due for a CPR refresher. "Let's go break some ribs!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Totally agree. Here's a little story that demonstrates some of that spirit on that day.

**Some rough images of the buildings going down etc. **

500,000 people evacuated by boat in less than 9hrs.

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Right in the feels. Thank you for the link.

someone cut some onions in my truck just as I was reading that

As a former air ambulance pilot, that got me in the feels a different way. The "transporting a liver in a Herc? During an airspace closure? Fuck yeah! This is why we do it" kind of way.