Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yup.

He also thinks he was at 9/11 when he wasn’t.

Pretty embarrassing for him.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    dont at all believe i was there. I have been clear about that. I DID lose friends, and I have family members who are still disturbed by the things they saw....I could actually see the smoke from where i lived...but yeah totally the same as watching it on TV from 3000 miles away...EXACTLY the same....y'all speaking up lived the majority of your lives near there right? Spent endless amounts of time in NYC?

We should take down images of stuff we dont like....cause you know we ALL feel the same...

Typical TGR.....

You?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    dont at all believe i was there. I have been clear about that. I DID lose friends, and I have family members who are still disturbed by the things they saw....I could actually see the smoke from where i lived...but yeah totally the same as watching it on TV from 3000 miles away...EXACTLY the same....y'all speaking up lived the majority of your lives near there right? Spent endless amounts of time in NYC?

We should take down images of stuff we dont like....cause you know we ALL feel the same...

Typical TGR.....

You?
    Okay bud.

You go ahead and keep judging with your stolen valor.

Your family would be ashamed of the things you type in here.

I've seen a bunch of shit over the years. The two incidents that have affected me the most (in a negative CISM/PTSD kind of way) are ones that I was either not there or I was on the sidelines holding the fort at the top of the mountain, listening to it unfold on the dispatch radio. I have no doubt that watching something as horrific as 9/11 unfold in real time, even on TV, would be horrendous for some people.

Those who are discounting others lived experiences should check themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    And actually upon further reflection, rereading this……..Fuck you. Enjoy Connecticut. After your cabbie years, the only on the job injury you faced was a Goddamn paper cut, amirite?
    The firefighters in a lot of towns around here do it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Benny, if you are not a first responder, paid or unpaid, please, just stop. Or, at the very least, start a new thread.
    Thank you.

Same is true of the fundraisers you cunted all over. They're raising money for OTHER folks, not keeping the t-shirt money you idiot..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Thus, San Francisco cops retiring at age 52 and spending 800 grand on Boise real estate.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    It was such a nice day. Just perfect weather on the Eastern seaboard, crystal clear and not a cloud in the sky. Now every really nice day I think of 9/11. I wish I didn't.
    This.

The other thing I've never been able to get over is the sound of the bodies hitting the metal roof over part of the plaza by the base of the buildings. There's video of it - it's video of what's happening with the people under the roof, but there are these really loud thumps as the bodies -they're not bodies until then-hit the roof above the people on the plaza's heads. People dying in that instant. People choosing to fly instead of burn. And the end of their flight.

The other thing I've never been able to get over is the sound of the bodies hitting the metal roof over part of the plaza by the base of the buildings. There's video of it - it's video of what's happening with the people under the roof, but there are these really loud thumps as the bodies -they're not bodies until then-hit the roof above the people on the plaza's heads. People dying in that instant. People choosing to fly instead of burn. And the end of their flight.
    To me, this is the most terrifying of the whole thing.

People in the planes vaporized immediately. But the people having to make those decisions to jump or burn is what nightmares are made of.

That Esquire article (now paywalled to me) covers that in detail.

Cant begin to imagine what the scene up there was like. I watched em both fall from across the river, it was ridiculous. Know too many to list who didn't make it out. But, there are a few standout stories, like the kid who worked at Cantor who was far too hung over from the baseball game the night before to make it to work on time that day. Or my dads friend who was retired for a while and would go once a year to meet his broker at windows on the world. But my favorite story was my buddy Jake. Was in tower 2, watched what was happening next door, started running for the doors - everyone on intercoms saying " its all under control pls stay in your offices " glad he didn't listen hit the ground floor and busted out onto plaza as 2nd plane hit above... didn't hear from him until late the next day was pretty upset, man I remember how psyched I was to hear his voice. cried my eyes out. Every turn we make together is especially good these days. I think I'll give him a call now.

Thus, San Francisco cops retiring at age 52 and spending 800 grand on Boise real estate.
    Oh now we’re getting to the real concerns you have about 9/11.

Fuck off and quit cunting up this thread.

On 9/11, I was arbitrating personal injury cases on the 11th flr. or the Essex County Courthouse located in Newark, NJ. I remember driving to work and seeing the first plane crash into the tower. I was on the 11th floor, with a bird's eye view, when the 2d plane hit and when the walls came crumbling down. It was at that moment that I realized that my goal was to save up AMAP as quickly as I was able and hi-tail it to UT. Now, 20 years later, while I am not living large by some standards, I do have a nice, but modest house in PC and I am happy.
    I lost 4 or 5 friends that day. It was sad to hear their names read out on TV the other day.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Typical TGR.....

You?
    ^This is just fucking embarrassing^

Please let us know inside of what geographic radius we needed to be in order to have been affected. Or how much time we needed to have been present in NYC prior to the event to then be allowed in your special club.

Then continue to assume that no one lost a friend or family member unless they report it publicly on here.

Having a dick measuring contest about 9/11 is just shameful.

yeah i only mentioned this like 3 times...

I'm honestly embarrassed at the things that skidog is posting.

I grew up in Manhattan and had parents and siblings in Manhattan when it happened, but I only watched it on TV and I didn't personally know anyone who lost their life, though I know a number of people who lost friends/family, and had friends/family that directly experienced it. Where does that rank me on the "Skidog scale of whether your impressions and emotions are valid"? Absolutely fucking embarrassing. The stink of this one is going to follow him on this board for a long time.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    ^This is just fucking embarrassing^

Please let us know inside of what geographic radius we needed to be in order to have been affected. Or how much time we needed to have been present in NYC prior to the event to then be allowed in your special club.

Then continue to assume that no one lost a friend or family member unless they report it publicly on here.

Having a dick measuring contest about 9/11 is just shameful.
    dick meansuring? HA.... KQ was sad about images of people jumping..

Well you know what? FUCK HER....simple as that....i dont give a fuck if it makes you feel sad....its what fucking happened..and we should be reminded and reminded and reminded...

You all get on your high horses like KQ is some magical being....shes not different than anyone else....I for one am ashamed she has the balls to mention removal of images that hurt her little world. POOR KQ....

God you're a bunch of fucking pansies..

Well you know what? FUCK HER....simple as that....i dont give a fuck if it makes you feel sad....its what fucking happened..and we should be reminded and reminded and reminded...

You all get on your high horses like KQ is some magical being....shes not different than anyone else....I for one am ashamed she has the balls to mention removal of images that hurt her little world. POOR KQ....

I didn’t even mention her.

Continue going off the rails though…I didn’t think you could embarrass yourself anymore in this thread but I was wrong.

It has NOTHING to do with KQ and her wanting those pictures removed. Some people might want them removed, others might not. Some people who were at ground zero might want the pictures removed, others might not. What's so fucking embarrassing is that you feel like you have some moral superiority, some "I lived through it more than you" cred, that makes your opinion of whether they should be removed or not somehow more valuable than hers, and makes your opinion somehow inherently correct. That's what's wrong, that's what people are giving you shit about, and you seem too stupid, or too wrapped in your sense of moral superiority, to see that. You think this is about KQ, you think this is about the pictures themselves, when neither of those is the case.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Classy.

dick meansuring?

If you're not in Afghanistan did you really feel the impact of 9/11? Not really I guess. Strangely, 9/11 changed many things about many people's worlds. This was a thread about marking 20 years since something that likely impacted every poster on this board. Just like the Afghanistan one, there were good, thought provoking posts, and people dragging their balls around to make a point and get attention. It might do you some good to read about how 9/11 had an effect on younger people, or people on the other side of the country. But that would be hard for you because it's not about you.

It would be interesting if you could be less of a bitch.

There's a long discussion about the picture of the jumper here, with some of the same arguments for showing it. And not showing it. Shockingly, this is a topic with nuance. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=303946

Wow, not only are you an embarrassment to yourself and your family, you’re also dumb as shit.

KQ has nothing to do with your grief police tantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    If you're not in Afghanistan did you really feel the impact of 9/11? Not really I guess. Strangely, 9/11 changed many things about many people's worlds. This was a thread about marking 20 years since something that likely impacted every poster on this board. Just like the Afghanistan one, there were good, thought provoking posts, and people dragging their balls around to make a point and get attention. It might do you some good to read about how 9/11 had an effect on younger people, or people on the other side of the country. But that would be hard for you because it's not about you.

It would be interesting if you could be less of a bitch.

There's a long discussion about the picture of the jumper here, with some of the same arguments for showing it. And not showing it. Shockingly, this is a topic with nuance. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=303946
    …..and that thread contains the same anti fire/ police rant from Benny……At least he’s consistent.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

This thread has rolled down the same hill as almost every other thread of late

Sad too see
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    …..and that thread contains the same anti fire/ police rant from Benny……At least he’s consistent.
    I went back and read some articles about 9/11 recently, it was worth looking at them as an adult and from 20 years in the future.

This one stood out to me, I bet this is the kind of stuff you were aware of later. Did you guys change things as a result of things learned in the response?

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/07/n...ws-rescue.html

Minutes after the south tower collapsed at the World Trade Center, police helicopters hovered near the remaining tower to check its condition. ''About 15 floors down from the top, it looks like it's glowing red,'' the pilot of one helicopter, Aviation 14, radioed at 10:07 a.m. ''It's inevitable.''

Seconds later, another pilot reported: ''I don't think this has too much longer to go. I would evacuate all people within the area of that second building.''

Those clear warnings, captured on police radio tapes, were transmitted 21 minutes before the building fell, and officials say they were relayed to police officers, most of whom managed to escape. Yet most firefighters never heard those warnings, or earlier orders to get out. Their radio system failed frequently that morning. Even if the radio network had been reliable, it was not linked to the police system. And the police and fire commanders guiding the rescue efforts did not talk to one another during the crisis.

Cut off from critical information, at least 121 firefighters, most in striking distance of safety, died when the north tower fell

*When the firefighters needed to communicate, their radio system failed, just as it had in those same buildings eight years earlier, during the response to the 1993 bombing at the trade center. No other agency lost communications on Sept. 11 as broadly, or to such devastating effect, as the Fire Department.

*Throughout the crisis, the two largest emergency departments, Police and Fire, barely spoke to coordinate strategy or to share intelligence about building conditions.

*During those final minutes, most firefighters inside the north tower did not know the other building had crumbled, and how urgent it was for them to get out. Instead, dozens of firefighters were catching their breath on the 19th floor of the tower, witnesses say. Others were awaiting orders in the lobby. Still others were evacuating the disabled and the frightened.

*To this day, the Fire Department cannot say just how many firefighters were sent into the towers, and where they died. It lost track of them, in part because some companies did not check in with chiefs. Individual firefighters jumped on overcrowded trucks, against policy. Others, ordered off the fire trucks, grabbed rides in cars.

*Although Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani created the Office of Emergency Management in 1996 and spent nearly $25 million to coordinate emergency response, trade center officials said the agency had not conducted an emergency exercise there that included the Fire Department, the police and the Port Authority's emergency staff.