Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Know how we know you're not from there? You keep inviting people.

Here's some good background you should consume:

https://www.almostlivestillalive.com/
    I think the cat is out of the bag, ever since housing prices went insane in this region. The goods news is that the Kirkland Joe's get scared of the different cultures down here and they stay in Kirkland. There is some gentrification, for sure (including myself, even if I have lived here for 15 years and plan to for a lot longer). But scared white people are always going to pick the smaller backyards and the docuhey Telsa neighbor over the possibility of a Black neighbor. Fun fact about White Fragility: It also seems to keep the Idaho meth tweakers (Aka STEEP's mom) out of this neighborhood. There are relatively few RV's down here and no tents in parks. Those tweakers like to stay with their own kind up in Ballard.

MF, Steep Concrete, Deebased and Benny let me know if you are ever entering the 98118

Now you’re taking shots at my town. I’ve lived in the metro area all my life and been to more properties than you by a mile.. you’re telling me there’s bigger backyards in Seattle than Kirkland? Yah right. Also it’s much safer and the eastside has plenty to offer. It’s why the prices have well outpaced downtown. I’m in Seattle 5 days a week now for work.. don’t get too high and mighty bro

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Now you’re taking shots at my town. I’ve lived in the metro area all my life and been to more properties than you by a mile.. you’re telling me there’s bigger backyards in Seattle than Kirkland? Yah right. Also it’s much safer and the eastside has plenty to offer. It’s why the prices have well outpaced downtown. I’m in Seattle 5 days a week now for work.. don’t get too high and mighty bro
    Quick clarification: Kirkland is alright, in fact that downtown is one of the few walkable and chill spots on the Eastside. Kirkland Joe is just a name we have for the people who bring their boats over to Andrew's Bay (by Seward Park) and blast Nickelback from the speakers and emanate douche vibes. So as long as that's not you, please take no offense.

In terms of the backyards: I was more referring to the postage stamp yards in Ballard and Wallingford. People seem to prefer that and homeless people sleeping on their sidewalks to larger yards and the way more chill neighborhoods down here (Yes, Rainier Ave and MLK have terrible drivers and gang activity and definitely don't qualify as chill. My workaround is to avoid those two strips as much as possible). It is so nice to have parks without tents in them, I'll trade sketchy thoroughfares for that in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    I think the cat is out of the bag, ever since housing prices went insane in this region. The goods news is that the Kirkland Joe's get scared of the different cultures down here and they stay in Kirkland. There is some gentrification, for sure (including myself, even if I have lived here for 15 years and plan to for a lot longer). But scared white people are always going to pick the smaller backyards and the docuhey Telsa neighbor over the possibility of a Black neighbor. Fun fact about White Fragility: It also seems to keep the Idaho meth tweakers (Aka STEEP's mom) out of this neighborhood. There are relatively few RV's down here and no tents in parks. Those tweakers like to stay with their own kind up in Ballard.
    This is peak TGR right here.

Man, I need to pay attention more in the summer. This is one interesting TGR callout. It's different, that's for sure.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Well he/they are spot on with the Fleets of Teslas and Doodles in my north of I90 hood.

I went to HS with Ish Butler and to the same HS as Jimi. That was also N of I90.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Doesn’t everyone roll to Andrew’s bay? I’m not putting in as much time as in the past but all my homies with yachts are slathered in babes dancing to electronic music. I think the nickelback types are the ones who drive to lake wa to launch their boat and spectate.

Doesn’t everyone roll to Andrew’s bay? I’m not putting in as much time as in the past but all my homies with yachts are slathered in babes dancing to electronic music. I think the nickelback types are the ones who drive to lake wa to launch their boat and spectate.
    As long as you're not blasting Nickelback and being a douche, you're welcome to come ashore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Well he/they are spot on with the Fleets of Teslas and Doodles in my north of I90 hood.

I went to HS with Ish Butler and to the same HS as Jimi. That was also N of I90.

Central District, International District are definitely north of I-90, and are great. And your HS is a fucking legend. I should have said "North of Madison" but there are out of towners on this thread so I was being a bit more general with 90.
    My apologies for not being more specific.

The SP "Foray Runner" song I linked up thread.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNXxd3yYDaM

Another one I love. Damn Ish is so fucking talented (As is your old HS jazz band, that has won national championships)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_bqk0uaXNo

It's a great song called "Motion Sickness" (aka, what Benny gets when he's getting tousled about by when his Bernie Sanders sex robot is on a full battery and he's out of lube):
    Last edited by mfcf13; 09-11-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Flying up to Seattle on Friday. The sheer gravity of the food options listed here have me very compelled to venture *south* of I90!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Flying up to Seattle on Friday. The sheer gravity of the food options listed here have me very compelled to venture *south* of I90!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Well, I better get cracking on my next culinary tour stop. Don't want you to miss out. I'll have it posted by EOD.

As long as you're not blasting Nickelback and being a douche, you're welcome to come ashore.
    Copy that captain. Generally only offload at BluWater Leschi on that corner but I’m game to grab some of those bites you suggested for work lunch. What’s your top selection when coming from Georgetown?

In Georgetown I like Fonda la Catrina and Lorena's kitchen. Ciudad had gone downhill last time I was there, but I think they were in transition with chefs or owners.

The shell station fried chicken is way better than you'd expect.

Also, weird fucking thread. Not shocking given who started it.

Copy that captain. Generally only offload at BluWater Leschi on that corner but I’m game to grab some of those bites you suggested for work lunch. What’s your top selection when coming from Georgetown?
    If you're in Leschi on a Friday or Saturday, cross the street from Bluebloood bistro and get a Prime Rib Sandwich from Leschi Market.
    (sub headline of article: "If you like beef, you need this sandwich inside of your body")
    https://www.thestranger.com/slog/202...-leschi-market

Abraham had some good Georgetown recs.
    I would add:

Date night:
    https://www.thecorsonbuilding.com

For getting a good beer and sandwich and watching motorcycle races from yup:
    https://www.smartypantsseattle.com

Cheap Bento and Sushi and authentic Japanese grocer:
    https://www.marutashoten.com

Fen Georgetown fact:
    It's the home of the Air Pushaz Motorcycle Club. Black Dudes from the Port of SEA and Boeing Mechanics. Some nice big bikes with good sound systems. There isn't anything nicer than a summer evening and a few come by the neighborhood with MoTown, Bootsy and various other LOUD AND SOULFUL SELECTIONS! And they never blast it too late at night because their Grandma's and Auntie's live around here. And, they're just cool people, so they don't want to piss off neighbors and wildlife late at night (unlike Kirkland Joe). Oh, hey, Benny, you should head over to their clubhouse and say hi (it's around the corner from Fontina Catrina, by the stacked shipping containers). Let them know that you saw a lot of overweight Black people on your last visit to Vegas and you're also curious why no Black people vote for Bernie. I am sure they will be happy to chat with you.

+1 on The Corson Building (RIP Sitka & Spruce)

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    +1 on The Corson Building (RIP Sitka & Spruce)
    The owner of that place was a ripping skier too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

#metoo ‘95
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

You folks think that the ECRC is bad... this thread had real potential until it turned into a PNW culinary tour and circle jerk.

Fen Georgetown fact:
    It's the home of the Air Pushaz Motorcycle Club. Black Dudes from the Port of SEA and Boeing Mechanics. Some nice big bikes with good sound systems. There isn't anything nicer than a summer evening and a few come by the neighborhood with MoTown, Bootsy and various other LOUD AND SOULFUL SELECTIONS! And they never blast it too late at night because their Grandma's and Auntie's live around here. And, they're just cool people, so they don't want to piss off neighbors and wildlife late at night (unlike Kirkland Joe). Oh, hey, Benny, you should head over to their clubhouse and say hi (it's around the corner from Fontina Catrina, by the stacked shipping containers). Let them know that you saw a lot of overweight Black people on your last visit to Vegas and you're also curious why no Black people vote for Bernie. I am sure they will be happy to chat with you.
    Shut it you stupid cracker. Seattle is one of the least diverse cities in the US. Georgetown in particular is 72% white and 6% black. No wonder you like it so much.

In Seattle the average black household income is 40% of the average white household income. Why is that? Because white people in Seattle are narrow minded racist POS, just like you.

Us brown folk prefer diverse cities that lack the racist fucks like you. Cities like LA, SD or even Houston. Thankfully they are also all much better culinary cities than the racist, meth and heroin infested shit hole that you call home.

So while I appreciate the heads up— us brown folk already knew that we are not welcome in your city.

^^^^^^
    That rant rang hollow since I was watching the avatar white chick boobs being self stimulated

What were you saying?
    . . .

I like boobs.

I’m also sick of white people lecturing other white people in absolutely ridiculous manners on minorities behalf about a subject that they can’t possibly fathom.

We don’t need your misguided virtue signal so kindly sit down and shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    You folks think that the ECRC is bad... this thread had real potential until it turned into a PNW culinary tour and circle jerk.
    No shit

I'd cut my toes off before moving to the pnw or metro Seattle fuck I'd move to Aurora before that

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

i miss billiard hoang

and Q bakery

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I'd cut my toes off before moving to the pnw or metro Seattle fuck I'd move to Aurora before that
    Ouch.