Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    Also, I don't know anything about wood cock hunting. Seems like you do. Does that mean you enjoy eating wood cock? To each his own.
    Now wait a minute, if I walked into one of the eating establishments you're promoting here and asked the server if he/she liked wood cock would you consider that disrespectful?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I dont know where you were, but it wasn't Seattle. Check your carbon monoxide detectors.
    And not even a mention of a Prius.

Something isn't right here.

Can someone tell me how the Kraken became a Salmon?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Now wait a minute, if I walked into one of the eating establishments you're promoting here and asked the server if he/she liked wood cock would you consider that disrespectful?
    No, but if he does tell you he likes wood cock that could get awkward for you guys pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    SC is absolutely atrocious. NC is smooth fkn sailing. NASCAR state lives up to its name. Cept for stretches of 95. But on 40, especially west of Greensboro, you better be doing 15 over in the left lane or prepared to have a 2500 do some Ricky Bobby shit around your ass on the right.
    Shake and bake!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    And not even a mention of a Prius.

Something isn't right here.

I thought it was a lake trout.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m calling bullshit in 58 in the left lane. I drove I5 from Everett to exit 212 and back to 45th in Seattle on Wednesday and there wasn’t a single car going less than 70 in the left lane and everyone else was doing 65-70.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Mad props that you made that traverse at a reasonable speed! As Everett is no longer the end of the metropolis and there's tens of thousands of transplants in subdivisions up north, I'm sure many of them are gunning, daily, to get to work in the City.

I'll match your anecdote with my own: When were up in Seattle in July, my mom's bff picked us up from Seatac and proceeded to roll 56-61 in the leftmost noncarpool lane from Southcenter to the merge as you come up to Harborview. All while semi-coherent people fly bus at 65-70 on the right. I'm stuffed into the third row of her Ascent with my ass to ankles, cringing watching the speedo.

But no lies - my dad, if left alone, would be doing 58 in the left lane or carpool lane all day. His sister, the same. Plenty of other longtime friends and acquaintances from my experience.

Also, this (which may fall on deaf ears if one's concept of Ballard is only post-2000):

MF, Steep Concrete, Deebased and Benny let me know if you are ever entering the 98118

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Umm, not that I totally disagree, because fuck Ohio, but SC has got to be top 5.
    Recent trip through there saw this:
    NEW LAW- STARTING SEPTEMBER 2021
    LEFT LANE FOR PASSING ONLY

Or something like that.
    Blew my mind. Every time I saw it I would mention it to my wife, she was really happy with me. Been telling her for years that those 2 lanes of 95 and 26 were the worst stretch of driving I have ever experienced in my lengthy history of traversing this fine nation, mostly due to the slow left lane and the passing on the right. I felt vindicated. She was even more annoyed than usual.
    Most of those shit drivers on 26 and 95 are traveling to/from Ohio (and surrounding). You can track them up 77 and 64 and beyond. There’s no good reason for all those southern plates to be that far north. Them are transplants.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Butthurtflake, subtlekook, timbahshary, this threads a fucking lemon party.
    So much

ski off? Join glade and me at the Vorgipfelcouloir in andermatt.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Before Andrew was born, my husband and his friend Al would go up to Lake Winnibiggoshish woodcock hunting. I never understood the attraction as these little birds have as much meat on them as a parakeet, but it was a family tradition.
    One time Al shoots a bird and it falls in a field while a farmer was cutting hay. Being respectful of the property rights (as people in the north used to be a bit different than here in Minneapolis) he asked the farmer if he could keep the bird. The farmer looked at Al and said, "Sure, but up here we make such decisions with a game of "ro-shambo." Al wasn't sure so he asked the farmer what "ro-shambo" was. The farmer explained that they took a turn kicking each other in the nuts, and whoever stood up the longest got to keep the bird. And being it was his land the farmer gets the first kick. I have no idea why Al agreed to this game, but the farmer stepped back three steps, ran, and kicked Al in the nuts. According to Nubs, Al was on the ground for 5 mins. When it was Al's turn to kick the farmer, the farmer turned to him and said "it's yours, keep the bird."

^^^^^^Lulz.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

I always enjoy when Andrews mom stops by.

No, but if he does tell you he likes wood cock that could get awkward for you guys pretty quickly.
    And if he tells me how much your sister likes wood cock?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Seattle drivers are bad but last month I made multiple passive aggressive lane changes on left lane campers in Utah. So much open road and 80 mph limit.. wtf are you trotting along ?
    I’m very much looking forward to exploring some of these recs as I’m spending most of the week in Georgetown lately.
    Enjoyable thread. Sorry you’re not feeling well Fred. Le tits now

MF, Steep Concrete, Deebased and Benny let me know if you are ever entering the 98118

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Mad props that you made that traverse at a reasonable speed! As Everett is no longer the end of the metropolis and there's tens of thousands of transplants in subdivisions up north, I'm sure many of them are gunning, daily, to get to work in the City.

I'll match your anecdote with my own: When were up in Seattle in July, my mom's bff picked us up from Seatac and proceeded to roll 56-61 in the leftmost noncarpool lane from Southcenter to the merge as you come up to Harborview. All while semi-coherent people fly bus at 65-70 on the right. I'm stuffed into the third row of her Ascent with my ass to ankles, cringing watching the speedo.

But no lies - my dad, if left alone, would be doing 58 in the left lane or carpool lane all day. His sister, the same. Plenty of other longtime friends and acquaintances from my experience.

Also, this (which may fall on deaf ears if one's concept of Ballard is only post-2000):

I grew up in north Snohomish county. It’s not even really rural anymore, subdivisions are neatly hidden behind rows of Doug fir everywhere. I will say that I was dreading the drive, dropping of my younger daughter at the U. We hit Everett around 1130 coming from Wenatchee and ran up to my mom’s before heading back to Seattle. Traffic was moving along all day until we cut over from 405 to get to Monroe. Everything came to a standstill. I couldn’t live on the west side of the mountains again.

Who’s that driving instructor? Looks familiar from the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Seattle drivers are bad but last month I made multiple passive aggressive lane changes on left lane campers in Utah. So much open road and 80 mph limit.. wtf are you trotting along ?
    The Venn diagram of left lane campers and anti maskers is a circle. Rugged individualism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Most of those shit drivers on 26 and 95 are traveling to/from Ohio (and surrounding). You can track them up 77 and 64 and beyond. There’s no good reason for all those southern plates to be that far north. Them are transplants.
    You're not wrong. 77 through 26 through 95 is a steady stream of Buckeye plates.

If want to see true abject terror in the eyes of a motorist, not to mention so many shitty out of state drivers in one place, drive through downtown Atlanta anytime from when Spring Break season kicks off through the end of summer. Every jamoke from up north heading to the beach either has to, or finds a way to, drive through ATL on their way south. Where 85 and 75 combine right through Buckhead, Midtown and Downtown its like 16 lines wide on each side of pure fear with out of state plates while the locals dumb enough to get on the highway buzz by them at mach looney.

TL;DR: Outta mah way, heal up Fred, Drew's Mom rocks.
    I still call it The Jake.

I thought it was a lake trout.
    Nope. The bull trout is an ex-PNWer.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Greg a lil slow on his role today #AZ

I grew up in north Snohomish county. It’s not even really rural anymore, subdivisions are neatly hidden behind rows of Doug fir everywhere.
    Truth. I grew up Southern Snohomish county, but spent a lot of time up north for sports and whatnot. It was always 'trees trees trees' from Everett till you got to the Skagit flats. My mom started shopping at Smokey Point Navy Exchange when the base was developed. So much change in those early years from Maryville up to Lakewood and just crazy how it looks now.

Who’s that driving instructor? Looks familiar from the old days.
    John Keister, the man behind Almost Live!

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I don’t disagree with everything you say but I wonder about a few things like the OP calling this “his community” which is a bit rich given that you joined…hmm a year ago.
    Clearly a long time listener, first time alias-poster. Pretty sure I know who this is and I approve.

Thanks for the food recommendations OP, I'm about to drive up to Seattle later this month. Oh, and I'm vaxxed because I'm not an idiot.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

OP has/had pink hair?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    The Venn diagram of left lane campers and anti maskers is a circle. Rugged individualism at its finest
    Sadly my experience is the opposite.

Anti mask trumptards are all up your bumper

Biden coexist stickered Prius are camping in the left lane. They are saving the planet by slowing you down.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Anti mask trumptards are all up your bumper
    Rollin’ coal, fucking your feelings.

all the leftie stereotypes didn’t make it through the gfc

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Truth. I grew up Southern Snohomish county, but spent a lot of time up north for sports and whatnot. It was always 'trees trees trees' from Everett till you got to the Skagit flats. My mom started shopping at Smokey Point Navy Exchange when the base was developed. So much change in those early years from Maryville up to Lakewood and just crazy how it looks now.

John Keister, the man behind Almost Live!
    I don’t really recognize it. I moved away in 1987 when I shipped off to boot camp. My mom is the only one left up there on Sunday Lake just off exit 212. My grandparents moved up by where the Pilchuck tree farm is in 1939. They used to own a whole section from the Bjorndahl Rd to Hwy 9 sold it all to the tree farm decades ago.

I thought I recognized him. He used to do an MTV like show in the early’80s when I was in high school

Whoaaaa. Literal much?

Is it your assumption that I plan to put up video cameras at the main entry points to this zip code and stand by with some rotten tomatoes and baseball bats and wait for you and other ayn rand wankers? I don't even know what you look like, dingus.
    Listen, you are welcome to utilize any of the restaurants I provided. You probably tip like shit based on your avatar. But you're free to come to this zip code. Just know that you don't deserve it.

And I wasn't that drunk last night. And that's not a cause for a ban anyways. Jeez.

@Baby bear. You're total correct on that call. I retract that portion of my restaurant sharing/rant.

Going to be sharing a bunch of great hole in the walls and food trucks for an incredible array of dimsum, gyros and other great food. But not for you ASSSpen, DB, MF, Steep, Benny. NO Gyros for you! haha
    Oh shut the fuck up you impotent slit.

The only thing you'll be doing with that bat. is the infamous Seattle sit and spin.

At least your palette isn't terrible