Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    No way, there's no localism here. Everyone here in the 98118 is pretty warm and welcoming, unless you're a douche.
    That's great to say and all, but I think a few of us not mentioned might be reconsidering coming out there based on this thread. Plus the bad drivers.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Like a roller coaster into the unknown. Just hang on and enjoy.

Jeezus, worse than Boston. I was thinking of visiting one day and hitting up some of the recommended eating establishments. Now I'm not sure I'd want to rent a car there.

Yeah, Seattleites what gives?
    It's a combo of things. 1) A set of freeways designed with every other on ramp putting traffic on into the left lane. 2) Too much water between the lakes and the Sound to avoid to allow for better traffic flow. 3) Almost everyone who lives here just moved here recently and has no idea where they are going yet and can't stop checking their phones 4) Yes the racist stereotypes are true: see DWA.

The only good thing to come from the pandemic so far has been 18 months of stress free driving.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

There seem to be some good food recommendations for those of us not threatened with violence and who may want to visit Seattle.
    They are. And like little known trails and backcountry zones, I'd rather they not be divulged to the undeserving.

There are a lot of great hole in the wall bars, fast tasty food. From rich nourishing $8 massive PHO to delicious flaky Somali Samosas to Kenyan whole braised Tilapia that is so good....there are so many out of the way places here. Tip well, don't be a dick.

A few to start off this next part of our culinary tour.

Fried Catfish at the Beacon Hill Shell Station:
    https://www.thestranger.com/food-and...atfish-in-town

Fried Chicken at Jack's Seward Park Market:
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/seward-park-market-seattle-2

Prime Rib Sandwiches at Leschi Market:
    https://www.thestranger.com/slog/202...-leschi-market

And the coupe de grace of combo dining in the 98118....King's Donut and Teriyaki
    If you want puffy little artisanal donuts, go stand in line somewhere with some hipsters.
    But if you want Boston Cremes, Bear Claws, Glazed, old standards done right (She fills the Boston Creme only at the time you order)...This is a great donut shop. Their Teriyaki is the bomb too.
    Plus this is the best promo ad ever:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w78eXrZNkTU

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    wow some middle of the night drunk ranting solid work

my suggestion would be turn off the 24hr news turn off the news in general don't listen to talk radio get the fuck off facebook don't pay attention to any of the political bullshit move to the mountains and sure as hell your life will be great and you wont' debate stupid shit on the internet all day like the average fat fuck pill popping alcoholic shit food eating poor health american who can't have an intelligent conversation with a stranger in real life to begin with because they sit at home all day and night on there computer pretending to be the bestest in the world
    You always have good advice!

Are we sure mfc is kraken? I thought that was the new salmon handle.

And the coupe de grace of combo dining in the 98118....King's Donut and Teriyaki
    Bang bang

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Are we sure mfc is kraken? I thought that was the new salmon handle.
    Dumpster fire thread!

Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Almost everyone who lives here just moved here recently and has no idea where they are going yet and can't stop checking their phones
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    They are. And like little known trails and backcountry zones, I'd rather they not be divulged to the undeserving.
    I hear ya to a degree, but I would also say that restaurant business is pretty tough right now. These places are pretty happy to get more business. I told the dickwads who don't tip to stay away. I've lived in this spot for 15 years, I know a few of these owners and they are psyched for new customers. And yes I acknowledge that I am on Duwamish Land and am a gentrifier, etc etc.

And it's not a great comparison to backcountry...if someone from out of the areas shows up and tips bad or has obnoxious restaurant behavior (looking at you ASSSpen), it's not exactly like they're dropping in and setting off an avalanche or getting themselves into situations that require dangerous SAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Join date 9/2020. Alias. Who got kicked off here around then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Wait, so yours saying mfmf13 is the reincarnation of the kraken?!?
    It's not. 100% positive.

I hear ya to a degree, but I would also say that restaurant business is pretty tough right now. These places are pretty happy to get more business. I told the dickwads who don't tip to stay away. I've lived in this spot for 15 years, I know a few of these owners and they are psyched for new customers. And yes I acknowledge that I am on Duwamish Land and am a gentrifier, etc etc.
    lol, I wasn't going to go there...

The don't tell the secrets was (mostly) tongue in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Dumpster fire thread!

Who cares?
    You're not at all curious about the TRG alias family tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen
    I just like that he thinks of me offline and get riled up. I'm all up in this motherfuckers kitchen, banging on the pots and pans. Living rent free in his head.
    Ew…is that something to boast about?

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Holeee Fuck is it snowing anywhere yet???????
    Couple of snowflakes (the fluffy ones, not the butthurt type like in this thread) here at 69° 58′ while riding XC today.
    No enough to smother this dumpster fire.

What the hell is in it, anyway? Condoms, diuretics, tyres?
    Smells like shit.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

People are pretty nice here. They look out for each other (hence the high vaccine rate)...these burning man peeps did a cividd-safe candy chute last halloween and now they're doing pies. They also were washing cars the other day and it was really fun to get my car washed by dirty hippie chicks. haha

https://www.reddit.com/r/BurningMan/...yard_meet_the/

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    If I send you a SASE will you get the ten strip out?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I’ll go halfsies with you and then maybe we can see wue to eye a little better on things.

They all make mistakes sooner or later and out themselves. It's like woodcock hunting, just gotta get 'em to take flight.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    It's a combo of things. 1) A set of freeways designed with every other on ramp putting traffic on into the left lane. 2) Too much water between the lakes and the Sound to avoid to allow for better traffic flow. 3) Almost everyone who lives here just moved here recently and has no idea where they are going yet and can't stop checking their phones 4) Yes the racist stereotypes are true: see DWA.

The only good thing to come from the pandemic so far has been 18 months of stress free driving.
    All of these check out, but Seattle/WA has always had TERRIBLE drivers. My family has been in the Seattle area for 100+ years; half of them are atrocious drivers: 58 in the left lane, all day on I-5. Five under everywhere on US2. Cruise control at the speed limit on I-90.

I'm not advocating for agro driving, but there's a better way to do the thing. But then again, my Driver's Ed was up in Lynnwood and the instructor was later arrested for dealing meth, etc. (???)

nonbranching family trees are usually ugly

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    All of these check out, but Seattle/WA has always had TERRIBLE drivers. My family has been in the Seattle area for 100+ years; half of them are atrocious drivers: 58 in the left lane, all day on I-5. Five under everywhere on US2. Cruise control at the speed limit on I-90.

I'm not advocating for agro driving, but there's a better way to do the thing. But then again, my Driver's Ed was up in Lynnwood and the instructor was later arrested for dealing meth, etc. (???)
    I’m calling bullshit in 58 in the left lane. I drove I5 from Everett to exit 212 and back to 45th in Seattle on Wednesday and there wasn’t a single car going less than 70 in the left lane and everyone else was doing 65-70.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    bunch of angry white males obviously ya'll need more hobbies exercise and work and less free time to get upset on the internet
    This. I would be surfing now but waiting for a ride to LaJolla Audio to pick up my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

They all make mistakes sooner or later and out themselves. It's like woodcock hunting, just gotta get 'em to take flight.
    I'm just trying to share some tasty bites and help some local businesses. Apparently that's controversial or divisive. Anyhow, I am just mfcf13. Benny flipped out and was running a laundry list of mags, claiming I was all these different people and being obsessive about. I was just trying to stand up for SVS, who Benny was being disrespectful towards.

Also, I don't know anything about wood cock hunting. Seems like you do. Does that mean you enjoy eating wood cock? To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m calling bullshit in 58 in the left lane. I drove I5 from Everett to exit 212 and back to 45th in Seattle on Wednesday and there wasn’t a single car going less than 70 in the left lane and everyone else was doing 65-70.

I dont know where you were, but it wasn't Seattle. Check your carbon monoxide detectors.

Driving here is noticeably more agro lately. My experience is 70-80 north of the Snohomish River, yo-yoing between 60 and 40 to about Martha Lake, and then all bets are off south of 405.

Of course morning rush hour(s) move that considerably northward.