Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yeah, that was bad.

The highlight of the film was the discussion of how making a sequel to the matrix is a shameless cash grab that's a terrible idea. Tongue in cheek, but incredibly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Yeah, that was bad.

The highlight of the film was the discussion of how making a sequel to the matrix is a shameless cash grab that's a terrible idea. Tongue in cheek, but incredibly accurate.
    Yep it’s said it was an intentional ding for making a movie they didn’t want to make. The first 45 minutes sucked. But then. I liked it.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I have a AT&T cell plan so I get HBO as a fridge benefit. We watched it last night.

Somehow they forgot that fresh, exciting, and WATCHABLE action scenes were what got people excited about The Matrix in the first place. Every action scene in this movie was hard to follow and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I have a AT&T cell plan so I get HBO as a fridge benefit. We watched it last night.

Somehow they forgot that fresh, exciting, and WATCHABLE action scenes were what got people excited about The Matrix in the first place. Every action scene in this movie was hard to follow and boring.
    they actually didn't forget anything as it was all the same rehashed, but somehow worse, action. movie pretty much sucked.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    they actually didn't forget anything as it was all the same rehashed, but somehow worse, action. movie pretty much sucked.
    Whether or not they forgot it, the newest entry in a franchise known for groundbreaking action sequences is packed full of boring and forgettable action sequences. I don’t think the Matrix would occupy its space in popular culture without the impact of those action scenes in the first movie.

I rewatched the first three movies on HBO. The “AOL Time Warner Company” logo made me chuckle.

Regarding the clumsy and uninspiring fight scenes and action sequences, I found it rather ironic that noted stunt co-ordinator Chad Stahelski stars in the film as Trinity's douchey husband when he would have been better served working as the stunt co-ordinator...
    (He is responsible for the John Wick films, btw).

Also, it's interesting to note how much Lilly Wachowski distanced herself from the project. My buddy thinks she might be the more creative of the sisters...

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    The only thing fresh, exciting, and watchable were the flamboyant duds that Morpheus 2.0 sported throughout...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I hope it will be as interesting as the older versions

Im gonna go against the popular opinion and say that i liked it. It was good enough entertainment going down the memory lane.

It wasn’t horrible as hallmark love stories go

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Still having a hard time with the Wachowski sisters.

Wait. That didn’t come out right.

Wait. Never mind. That wasn’t right either.
    . . .

The first 45 minutes of set up could have been 12, maybe 15. That would have made the movie better....
    I have no idea how he went from the last movie to being a video game guy like that... maybe I forgot the end of the last movie, but that would have been more valuable to the "plot"

As already stated, those fight scenes were either under done or over done... nothing seemed right. Like, these all out brawls where you can't pick up on much, then the other scenes that they had one on one stuff or less noise... meh.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

The first 30-45 minutes of backstory was the best part of the movie, IMO. Once it went back into the matrix world, it turned to crap. And that big fight scene near the end reminded me of every shitty zombie movie made in the last 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    The first 30-45 minutes of backstory was the best part of the movie, IMO. Once it went back into the matrix world, it turned to crap. And that big fight scene near the end reminded me of every shitty zombie movie made in the last 10 years.
    Agreed.

The movie *maybe* could have been ok if they completely abandoned the action genre and the whole thing was just a cerebral mind fuck about video game developer neo and we spent the whole time trying to figure out if the first 3 movies were real or if we were just in the imagination of a video game developer.

Of course, they would have had no trouble screwing up that movie too. The problem with the matrix 4 was 10% that it was a poorly executed rendition of a dumb plot, and 90% that nobody gave a shit because they were all just in it to make a buck.

From insta:

So wait... Trinity can fly now?? and somehow, you can also now just unplug from the matrix wherever you feel like it - in mid flight - and you don't need a phone or a fucking mirror or whatever? retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    So wait... Trinity can fly now?? and somehow, you can also now just unplug from the matrix wherever you feel like it - in mid flight - and you don't need a phone or a fucking mirror or whatever? retarded
    The changing of the rules with just 2 lines of dialogue was a little bit of an eye roll.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en