Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    i have an extra CPAP.
    Hearing protection or noise cancelling headphones, CPAP machines are noisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Hearing protection or noise cancelling headphones, CPAP machines are noisy.
    ^^^^^^This^^^^^^

I’d sure like to make it and for those that haven’t been to a large meet up - do it. My flexible job has changed some so I’m up in the air.. plus the Swiss option really has my heart. Awesome to see some mag gatherings rolling again.

Sick - Just took a new job in Bozo working remote out of seattle, but hoping i'll be 70/30 split here and there. I'll try to make this overlap.
    Would love to ski my old mountains with some mags. Been a few years since I got up there.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Sick - Just took a new job in Bozo working remote out of seattle, but hoping i'll be 70/30 split here and there. I'll try to make this overlap.
    Would love to ski my old mountains with some mags. Been a few years since I got up there.
    Jealous.

I'd love to get back to my old stomping grounds and ski with some mags. I owe Harry many beers for a ticket hook-up a few years ago.

What's the camper/RV situation these days around Big Sky? Are they still patrolling the lots ruthlessly? Anywhere to park for a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Jealous.

I'd love to get back to my old stomping grounds and ski with some mags. I owe Harry many beers for a ticket hook-up a few years ago.

What's the camper/RV situation these days around Big Sky? Are they still patrolling the lots ruthlessly? Anywhere to park for a few days?
    PM sent. Best to keep camping info offline.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

I did a trip last year from BOS, flew to Missoula and skied Snow Bowl and stayed with a buddy, drove to Big Sky, skied there and stayed at the Corral down in the canyon. like $100/night and had 2 big beds and you could walk over to the bar/restaurant. Then I drove down to Jackson and hit it just right with snow and stayed cheap at the motel 6. Then the LONG drive back to mizzoula.
    you will need transportation unless you rock it slopeside.
    lift tix at big sky are stupid expensive without a pass.
    bring rock skis to big sky.
    if just going to big sky fly to bozeman aka boze angeles.
    the trip was so fucking awesome DO IT. if you can fly to bzn and hitch a ride to big sky and couch surf and at least get a friends and family, shouldn't be that bad.

i would go but i am planning unguided season at silverton

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    NEED this in my life right now.

Will be a hard sell to the wife, but want to plant the seeds early.

Will be coming from Logan (BOS). Where am I flying into? Think I should start pricing flights now and once they're booked I "have to" go.

Are camping or mag accommodations possible, or should I start pricing cheap hotels?

Given the itinerary and without the correct pass if I'm in Fri > Sun what's my lift ticket schedule / cost?

Will I need transportation?

Absolutely want to get there, this has been a hell of a last year and a half. Can be self sufficient but also have to be frugal.. so don't want to come across as needy, but any help is welcome.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I did a trip last year from BOS, flew to Missoula and skied Snow Bowl and stayed with a buddy, drove to Big Sky, skied there and stayed at the Corral down in the canyon. like $100/night and had 2 big beds and you could walk over to the bar/restaurant. Then I drove down to Jackson and hit it just right with snow and stayed cheap at the motel 6. Then the LONG drive back to mizzoula.
    you will need transportation unless you rock it slopeside.
    lift tix at big sky are stupid expensive without a pass.
    bring rock skis to big sky.
    if just going to big sky fly to bozeman aka boze angeles.
    the trip was so fucking awesome DO IT. if you can fly to bzn and hitch a ride to big sky and couch surf and at least get a friends and family, shouldn't be that bad.

i would go but i am planning unguided season at silverton
    Local dude-bros get savvy on core shot repair and p-tex filling quite quickly skiing Big Sky. I know I did.

Holy fuck
    How do I get a good deal on Big Sky tix and make sure it snows around then? Powder Thursday at LT can really be great, if a bit mellow.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I hope to make this, but there is no way I'm paying money to go to BS, even with great company, I'll choose to be at BB instead that day.

- post is directed at Stucky...

I mean, there is that.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Local dude-bros get savvy on core shot repair and p-tex filling quite quickly skiing Big Sky. I know I did.
    This, but also remember that all skis are rock skis at Pig Sty and learn from Bunion that JB Weld is a quick fix for core shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    This, but also remember that all skis are rock skis at Pig Sty and learn from Bunion that JB Weld is a quick fix for core shots.
    Ye olde Bridger isn't immune from such geological ski destruction.

So, is the thing to do to stay in Bozeman, to ski both Big Sky and Bridger?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    So, is the thing to do to stay in Bozeman, to ski both Big Sky and Bridger?
    That would work. Hotels in Bozeman are generally pretty reasonable in the winter. I just checked the C'mon Inn (local Montana chain that I like) for night of March 8th and the price was $109 for a two-queen room.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Hotels in Bozeman are generally pretty reasonable in the winter.
    Bozeman has better and more varied restaurant options than the over priced BS fare. Just be prepared for the morning and evening conga line driving through the canyon.

I don't mind the conga line myself. Keeps things slow and mellow = fewer accidents. If I'm staying at BS at a highway motel I leave for the hill at 8. If I were staying in Bozo I would leave an hour earlier. Lifts spin at 9 so in line by 8:45 is the goal.

On a typical weekday in March, how long would it take for me to drive from Bozeman to Big Sky? How about to Bridger?

Right now, I booked a room at the Element Hotel. I plan on spending a day or two at both areas. Why would I stay anywhere other than Bozeman?

The other thing that I like about the Element is that it is a Marriott. I booked this morning with no money down, and I can cancel up to 48 hrs. of my reservation without obligation. Pet friendly, too!. Same thing goes for the Element in Basalt.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Yeah, most nice hotels have a 48 hour cancellation policy, so booking now really isn't risking anything but does ensure the best rate. Booking anything with Boyne at BS has a 30 day cancellation policy, so it's definitely worth a few bucks extra for trip insurance. However, even with that they only give you credit, not a refund. And it needs to be used with in a year. That's fine for me because I know I'll use it, but visitors from afar might have a harder time. It's a shitty policy. So yeah, no reason not to stay in Bozeman.

Door to door from downtown Bozeman to the BS parking lot I would allow 90 minutes with traffic. Bridger I can't say but on crowded powder days the lot does get full and closes, so the earlier the better if it's a pow day.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    The other thing that I like about the Element is that it is a Marriott.
    The Bozeman Element is within staggering distance of the Main Street bars, restaurants and stores which makes it more fun than one of the random properties by the interstate or in Belgrade which require some driving.

If you are skiing BS, Shindler, and coming from PC, what about staying in W Yellowstone the first night? It would be tiring to drive to Bozeman for the first night, wake up and do that canyon again, ski, and then a third time after skiing all in 2 days.

Instead, you could wake up early in W Yellowstone, drive to BS, ski, drive to Bozeman that night and stay there for the rest of the trip. You'd cut 2 canyon trips that way.

That’s a good idea. I will also look into staying on the mountain for the first night. Even if I don’t ski that first day, I can have a good meal wake up early check out ski the entire day before moving on to Bozeman

I kinda forgot the fastest way from Bozeman to SLC is not through Big Sky, but still, it's a lot less driving on sketchy roads if you don't go to Bozeman the first night.

Bucks T4 Lodge can't be that expensive in March, I think, that's near the turn off to Big Sky on 191.

Muted's advice about staying in W. Yellowstone is good. I stayed there several times last winter to save money when skiing Big Sky, and it's pretty cheap, like $120 at the Holiday Inn, which is a nice place. Buffalo Bar and Wild West Pizzeria are both fun restaurants with good food. Holiday Inn bar and restaurant isn't bad either, especially if it's dumping and you don't want to venture out. W. Yellowstone is a snowy place.