Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Firehole has good BBQ

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Pretty cool thread. Being an MSU Alumni it’s cool to read people’s perspectives on how to approach that region 20 years after I left it.

Only thing I can add is to spend more time at each local. BS is huge. Arrive on a low-vis day and you’re not learning shit about where to ski.

BB has grown A LOT. Same thing. One day in low vis and you’re not touching anything. PS— get on Slushman’s. There is a reason they added that lift.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bucks T4 Lodge can't be that expensive in March, I think, that's near the turn off to Big Sky on 191.
    I have not checked but pretty sure Bucks has become Contractor housing for all the building that continues.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I have not checked but pretty sure Bucks has become Contractor housing for all the building that continues.
    So the motel rooms at Buck's is joining the River Rock Lodge to become construction housing? It wasn't that long ago a room at Buck's came with a decent breakfast and discounted lift tickets.

I think some of Buck's is housing but some of it is still being used as a hotel. They are still showing rooms on their website. I talked to them about this last winter and they said they were not planning on turning everything into contractor housing.

In any case, Buck's is not high on my list for lodging. The rooms are cramped in the main lodge, and kind of cheaply build and noisy in the newer outbuildings. I do like the restaurant/bar.

Not sure I'd wanna hit BB on a weekend though.
    Is Ride for Jake gonna be a thing again?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I do like the restaurant/bar.
    +1 Bucks is on the short list of decent places at Big Sky along with the River House.

Where would you guys stay that's better than Bucks T4 and about the same price and location?

Whitewater king room if I'm alone, family suite if with my wife and kids. Quiet and clean, nice pool. And I fit right in with all the employees who live there. Minutes to Bucks or the Riverhouse for dinner, or easy drive to the town center.

I make all my reservations in May for the best rate. Gold Pass discount helps too. I probably would not pay full price there, I would stay in West Yellowstone instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    +1 Bucks is on the short list of decent places at Big Sky along with the River House.
    Man I remember when they pulled the "bar" menu and there was almost an uprising. I lived on the pheasant quesadilla for a couple years. It used to be an easy hot tub poach as well before heading up Taylor fork.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Whitewater king room if I'm alone, family suite if with my wife and kids. Quiet and clean, nice pool. And I fit right in with all the employees who live there. Minutes to Bucks or the Riverhouse for dinner, or easy drive to the town center.

I make all my reservations in May for the best rate. Gold Pass discount helps too. I probably would not pay full price there, I would stay in West Yellowstone instead.
    Good to know - never heard of it, I'm not up to date on what's new since I moved. I stayed at Bucks 3 years ago and liked it but I'll look into Whitewater next time if it has a big outdoor tub too.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Good to know - never heard of it, I'm not up to date on what's new since I moved. I stayed at Bucks 3 years ago and liked it but I'll look into Whitewater next time if it has a big outdoor tub too.
    It's an indoor hot tub. But there's also a big pool with a rad slide! lol. My kids liked it when they were little. It actually is kind of fun. They let community members pay $5 to swim there and lots of locals bring their kids. The main reason I stay there is because it's pretty quiet and kind of under the radar. No busloads of 300 noisy Canadians pulling up to the door, as happens at the Huntley. Nothing against those groups, I want them to have a good time on vacation, I just don't want to be around it.

How is the residence Inn by Marriott epic sky. Right now I’m thinking Monday at big sky Tuesday and Wednesday in Bozeman and then Thursday in Jackson before heading back to Utah. I would also like to make a stop at targhee on the way up
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    How is the residence Inn by Marriott epic sky. Right now I’m thinking Monday at big sky Tuesday and Wednesday in Bozeman and then Thursday in Jackson before heading back to Utah. I would also like to make a stop at targhee on the way up
    Nice and centrally located but spendy during the heart of the season. We are staying there one night mid-December for $250. My wife likes it so that's our "treat ourselves" weekend. In March expect to pay $500-600.

Nice and centrally located but spendy during the heart of the season. We are staying there one night mid-December for $250. My wife likes it so that's our "treat ourselves" weekend. In March expect to pay $500-600.
    Well run property with pretty large living space with a kitchenette, living room and bedroom with interstate highway noise. I have only stayed in this property on Marriott points = free, I would shop for other options versus paying the prices Yeahman is quoting. If you are paying close to rack rate the Belgrade Quality Inn on Jackrabbit Lane isn't terrible, breakfast is prepackaged and has Fiesta Mexicana next door for eating, drinking and watching a game. There is a truck stop just north for hearty cooked to order breakfast fare.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I kinda forgot the fastest way from Bozeman to SLC is not through Big Sky, but still, it's a lot less driving on sketchy roads if you don't go to Bozeman the first night.

Bucks T4 Lodge can't be that expensive in March, I think, that's near the turn off to Big Sky on 191.
    It is if you're flying. Otherwise, I always drove through Gallatin Canyon during my twice-yearly trips down that way.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Not sure I'd wanna hit BB on a weekend though.
    Is Ride for Jake gonna be a thing again?
    Weekday is the jam at BB. Weekends get full fast. Like sparkling lot full at 8am fast.

I was checking out BucksT4.
    $400 and up a night in Feb and March.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUVS6gY...dium=copy_link
    A little big sky montucky stoke

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

The corral is great for a bed or two, a sketchy hot tub, a steak and a beer or two.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Too bad the Continental and Blu Sky are no more. East Main living at it's finest - closer to BB, and any meth deals or hookers you might be needing.

Never got up the gumption to stay at the Corral, I must admit... I do go eat there from time to time, and it's good enough. It is the cheapest option at Big Sky for sure (meaning within 20-30 minutes from the ski area).

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Note: Recreational 420 becomes legal throughout the state on 1/1/22.
    Harry I have nothing of substance to add to this awesome thread but sincere Congrats on the above.

I do go eat there from time to time, and it's good enough.
    The Corral was in my rotation for years. With some of the management changes the food at the Corral has declined and I haven't been there for 18 months. If you go report back in case the food rebounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    The Corral was in my rotation for years. With some of the management changes the food at the Corral has declined and I haven't been there for 18 months. If you go report back in case the food rebounded.
    Bummer. I had some great apres at the Corral. Their burger with ham on was the jam after a hard day on the skree pile.

There was one day in particular where the canyon was closed for hours. A whole group of us ended up there, along with most of the skiers that were turned around. Made for a fun few hours in a packed bar while we waited for the canyon to open.

Not sure whether Maverick Mountain is mentioned here, but is in the Bozeman to PC thread. I'm thinking 2 weekdays at BS one weekday at Bridger (or vice versa) and then a day/night at Maverick/Jackson Hot Springs or ElkHound. It might be fun, especially for the wife to spend a day there after following me around at the other two. Catching it on a pow/storm day with no lines could be magical
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix