FIS Alpine "Behind the Scenes" -- Now with powder

The whole series does have segments without powder, e.g. also from Tahoe Bryce Bennett,
    https://youtu.be/Ymt53XjMcT4,
    but more importantly with cute Italian and Slovenian women: Elena Curtoni, Marta Bassino, Federica Brignone, Soffia Gogia, Meta Hrovat,
    https://youtu.be/XN12kV-eda8,
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...-r-nVep40fbT8F

Had the pleasure of meeting Travis on the cable car one bluebird pow day. Spent the day showing him around and trying to keep up. Nice dude

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Cool series. Ganong could have a legit freeskiing career post-racing, a la Rahlves, Nobis et al. Super well-rounded skier.

If there was money in Freeskiing, it would be dominated by former WC racers.

FIS Alpine "Behind the Scenes" -- Now with powder

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Yep

Not sure how popular my opinion will be with the TGR crowd but here it is: the birth of instagram has enabled a lot of mediocre skiers with acrobatic skills to pass as “big mountain skiers”. Less about the line, more about the hit. Minimal actual skiing involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    a legit freeskiing career
    this isn't a thing

and

i would like to ski with Marta
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by malyessarah View Post
    i would like to know more...
    Great first post - informative, insightful…dazzling, really!

Back in the 80’s we had a huge storm that canceled the men’s WC Downhill.
    I’ll never forget watching Pirmin Zurbriggen absolutely rip the shit out of Last Dollar, while carrying his 223 race skis on his shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Yep

Not sure how popular my opinion will be with the TGR crowd but here it is: the birth of instagram has enabled a lot of mediocre skiers with acrobatic skills to pass as “big mountain skiers”. Less about the line, more about the hit. Minimal actual skiing involved.
    Shit, that could be said about a lot of the skiers in TGRs and other movies.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. But none have and they're certainly not all rich. On the other hand freestyle skiers have successfully made the switch. Quite a few, probably even the majority, raced competitively at some level but decided it wasn't for them. Look at Markus Eder (he was the first search i did). He started with racing competitively but despite early successes switched to freestyle. Then he moved more into freeskiing with fantastic success.
    I would also say there are at least as many freeskiers making a good living as there are racers, although the top end racers probably make considerably more than the top end freeskiers. At what cost?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.