Any Of Y’all Ride In Montgomery Bell Park In Tennessee?

Got a room there next week based on the most black trails near Nashville on Trailforks.
    Anyone been?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Nope, looks cool. Not far from where big floods happened recently. Go east to Pisgah!

I am starting with two days in Pisgah. Then Nashville, Bentonville to stay with Fitzy, then Colorado. Getting a new truck in Charlotte. Should be fun! Where do you ride when you go home to visit?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I am starting with two days in Pisgah. Then Nashville, Bentonville to stay with Fitzy, then Colorado. Getting a new truck in Charlotte. Should be fun! Where do you ride when you go home to visit?
    Note to self - buy cars far away to turn it into a big mtb road trip!! That's a pretty damn good list!

My wife 100%, completely saw through my transparent plan. “But honey, they only have this color and trim in Charlotte!”
    Which was met with eye rolls, but no resistance.

Nowhere! Too much trouble to rent a bike, transport it to trails, etc. I walk in the Percy Warner Parks. But an old friend is a longtime bike mechanic at the REI in Brentwood, can give you tons of beta or fix a bike.

My wife 100%, completely saw through my transparent plan. “But honey, they only have this color and trim in Charlotte!”
    Which was met with eye rolls, but no resistance.
    As long as she still “let” you go it’s all good then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, good work with this plan. Have you ridden Pisgah/Brevard before? Or do you have someone riding with you there?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yes, I have locs to ride with everywhere except the odd little Nashville Zone, but HMS has me covered if I need a hand. Wilson's today, and a longer proper Pisgah rip tomorrow. An aquaintance of mine owns the Hub.

One of my oldest friends lives in Nashville. I'll ask him about MBP.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Yes, I have locs to ride with everywhere except the odd little Nashville Zone, but HMS has me covered if I need a hand. Wilson's today, and a longer proper Pisgah rip tomorrow. An aquaintance of mine owns the Hub.
    That’s a pretty legit acquaintance you have there. Love the Hub. Have fun.

So this trip has been an absolute blast. Picked up the truck in Charlotte Thursday morning, and rode Wilson’s Creek area until dark. Woodruff, 21 Jump, Schoolhouse, and one other underground trail or something. About 3500. Ft of climbing and descending. Then stayed in Brevard, and met up with a friend. Rode corral road, upper upper Black, Avery, then Bennett Gap. That was my hands down favorite, blasted the whole trail first try. SO fun!
    Nashville/Montgomery Bell was a bust, it was actually nothing. A spaghetti bowl of intermediate dirt, and a few billion cobwebs first thing in the morning. Skip it.
    But then on to Bentonville. Dinner with great friends, and a fun 15 mile super fast rip on the trails. Kinda like Mach-ing vail groomers, fast fun in it’s own way. On to Denver for some Chimpex / Dakota Ridge laps tomorrow…
    Last edited by rideit; 09-12-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Well, that topped off the riding for an amazing little trip. Did a Chimney-Pick-n-Sledge/ Dakota Ridge/ Matthew Winter’s/Red rocks with the Canadian and a posse of fast riders. Absolutely spent, about 14,000 feet of climbing in five rides. Good times. Can’t wait to get home to the puppy!

Fucking Wilson’s Creek. Such a beautiful place but perhaps the cradle of drunken stupidity. Every time I’m up there someone either hits their head on a rock or runs their truck off the road and down the bank.

You must’ve gone through (probably around) my home place of Hickory. We’ve got some cool little trails in city park about a mile from my house. Should’ve let you know before you came through. Glad you enjoyed NC. What did you get a Bojangles?

swing your fucking sword.