Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Can confirm, today was goode. I brought 3 pairs not knowing what to expect, but you didn't need the rock skis. What's open is filled in as if mid season, long as it's not a cat track. If you know the problem areas and stay clear you'll not even realize it's November.

And so naturally, my dumb fucking ass went into the Ptarm chutes which somehow opened. At 1pm after the legs started ghosting. That went as well as you would expect it to. Egress from some of the lines is impossible right now. Took a year off the life of the planks in the process; the scars are why my sticks end up possessed till-death. Should have just kept lapping the trees no one touched, and I did after that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-11-26 10.47.202.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	394165

I ate shit immediately after. 2 turns in guess what reared up and sidewound me headfirst into front-center.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMagnet View Post
    Can confirm, today was goode. I brought 3 pairs not knowing what to expect, but you didn't need the rock skis. What's open is filled in as if mid season, long as it's not a cat track. If you know the problem areas and stay clear you'll not even realize it's November.

And so naturally, my dumb fucking ass went into the Ptarm chutes which somehow opened. At 1pm after the legs started ghosting. That went as well as you would expect it to. Egress from some of the lines is impossible right now. Took a year off the life of the planks in the process; the scars are why my sticks end up possessed till-death. Should have just kept lapping the trees no one touched, and I did after that.

Name:	2021-11-26 10.47.202.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	394165

I ate shit immediately after. 2 turns in guess what reared up and sidewound me headfirst into front-center.

thanks for the boot packing, will realy help to fill in this area and make it nice for mid season

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Thx for the intel Peyto. Going for some spray Laps tomorrow!
    Get it and find the good shit!

Aiming to get out to get one final crack at the Highwood for the season, but the Spray was setting up nicely! Side note: who does a guy have to fuck to get that highway open all winter?!

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    thanks for the boot packing, will realy help to fill in this area and make it nice for mid season
    Lol.. watching the downhill live on Gem from the cabin. Coverage looks Ok on TV. Might have to take my sticks home and do a day at Sunshine or the Lake next weekend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Just heading back from Crowfoot glades. Not bad…not bad at all. Got there around 9am with a few other cars. Lapped the north facing slope didn’t get into any east facing chutes. Snowpack felt good and didn’t see Any wind slab that we thought we would see after reports of high winds there yesterday. Supportive snowpack. Things felt good. storm front seemed to be heading our way around 2 with light wind, low viz and a little bit of snow. We could see it heading our way from the north. No wind until that point during the day.

Lots of cars parked for the South Hector area. Around 11 vehicles at around 3 o’clock.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    My edges were sacrificed so yours won't. I will carry this burden proudly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    ....yada...yada...yada....

We need pictures!.. Les photos!... Los fotografias!

Relatively low post count.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyto View Post
    Side note: who does a guy have to fuck to get that highway open all winter?!

Name:	sheepbutt.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	384.1 KB 
ID:	394289

Quote Originally Posted by aqua toque View Post

I’m too dumb to figure out how to post pics on this board. Plus we didn’t take many pics.

I miss having a photographer to ski with.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    I miss having a photographer to ski with.
    Well, OK, if you put it that way...

I'll have to admit much of my fame resulted from skiing with photogenic mofos like yourself.

Name:  potd.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  216.1 KB

I'll have to admit much of my fame resulted from skiing with photogenic mofos like yourself.

I've lost count of how many times we've seen that rams ass. And do you just have stash of old screen shots or photos? Haha

Sent from my SM-A526W using Tapatalk

Name:	IMG_3214.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	394307
    You know how to work it on both sides of the lens!

[REDACTED]
    Last edited by Mex; 11-27-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyto View Post
    Get it and find the good shit!

Aiming to get out to get one final crack at the Highwood for the season, but the Spray was setting up nicely! Side note: who does a guy have to fuck to get that highway open all winter?!

Answer- stop trying to f’k the head goat and get an electric phat bike....5K later you have the equipment to get the job done but I’d say it’s not worth the $ spent..... front country slander...good if you can get it when it’s good once every 5 years...

On a side note- thx peyto!!!!
    Epic day! Broke into Tryst had a couple stragglers follow our approach...( not guide book approved) blower, stable, super fun!!!! Definitely need to pick your zones as the wind has raped the region.... But plenty of white room and some floaters were had!

Name:	crow5.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	394317

Name:	crow1.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	326.8 KB 
ID:	394318

Name:	crow2.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	615.8 KB 
ID:	394319
    Name:  crow3.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  125.7 KB
    Name:  crow4.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  131.5 KB

Mex- u put those photos in your spank bank...we don’t need anyone else knowing the remote goods of the “doozy” especially on a busy weekend during a dry spell....it’s getting extremely busy in that direction....

Mex- u put those photos in your spank bank...we don’t need anyone else knowing the remote goods of the “doozy” especially on a busy weekend during a dry spell....it’s getting extremely busy in that direction....
    REDACTED the sensitive information

The “doozy” range lives on!

On a side note- thx peyto!!!!
    Epic day! Broke into Tryst had a couple stragglers follow our approach...( not guide book approved) blower, stable, super fun!!!! Definitely need to pick your zones as the wind has raped the region.... But plenty of white room and some floaters were had!
    Yeeees I can only imagine the chutes getting refreshed all day with that "breeze"! May as well get it while everyone else is picking scraps at Highwood.

Coastal day at Louise. Wettest I've ever been skiing. Snowed 10 to 20cm during the day. If it hit you it turned to rain. Stop to clean lenses about 3 x between top and bottom of six pack. Calling for 25 overnight. I'm impressed with how well it is setting up. Wet slop on the front half way up.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Coastal day at Louise. Wettest I've ever been skiing. Snowed 10 to 20cm during the day. If it hit you it turned to rain. Stop to clean lenses about 3 x between top and bottom of six pack. Calling for 25 overnight. I'm impressed with how well it is setting up. Wet slop on the front half way up.

This bodes very well for fill in.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Skinned up to G7 today. Raining most of way up but skied pretty good on way down though super wet, covered with slush waist down. Huge base right to bottom .
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

and 20 more at LL overnight, 15 at SSV. and below freezeing temps

should be good

Anybody go today? Is it worth an 8 hour drive from Helena? Thinking of blazing up there for a couple days after I get a covid test. What type of terrain is open?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Anybody go today? Is it worth an 8 hour drive from Helena? Thinking of blazing up there for a couple days after I get a covid test. What type of terrain is open?
    sure was good today at LL. 50% or more of the backside is open. just about all of front/lach is open too. West bowl is not open yet

Forecast looks good for the next couple of days, and temperatures are supposed to cool off.