Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    We just got back from our first family trip to the Canadian Rockies (we typically ski Tahoe). We skied three days at LL and one day each at Sunshine and Norquay. It was brutally cold on M/T, and of course we didn’t get any fresh snow, but my family had a blast. The views were jaw-dropping: I keep telling people that photos don’t do it justice. I’m jealous of you folks who get to ski there regularly, and I can’t wait to plan another trip in the future. Thanks for all the info here and on the other Banff thread.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MRose8260 View Post
    We just got back from our first family trip to the Canadian Rockies (we typically ski Tahoe). We skied three days at LL and one day each at Sunshine and Norquay. It was brutally cold on M/T, and of course we didn’t get any fresh snow, but my family had a blast. The views were jaw-dropping: I keep telling people that photos don’t do it justice. I’m jealous of you folks who get to ski there regularly, and I can’t wait to plan another trip in the future. Thanks for all the info here and on the other Banff thread.

glad you enjoyed.

Finally made it to revy (does that fall in this thread?) after having it at the top of my list for over a decade. I’ve skied a decent amount of places but I think it’s the most fun collection of inbounds terrain for any single ski area I’ve been to. You guys have it good up there! Not to mention the scenery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Finally made it to revy (does that fall in this thread?) after having it at the top of my list for over a decade. I’ve skied a decent amount of places but I think it’s the most fun collection of inbounds terrain for any single ski area I’ve been to. You guys have it good up there! Not to mention the scenery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If that was taken today, it wasn’t where I was up there! Nice view! For me, summit was docked in until we got at least 1/3rd down, but were mainly Stoke and Ripper chairs all day.

Welcome to BC. Have fun!
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    If that was taken today, it wasn’t where I was up there! Nice view! For me, summit was docked in until we got at least 1/3rd down, but were mainly Stoke and Ripper chairs all day.

Welcome to BC. Have fun!
    It was actually from a few days ago before the weather came in. We skied Fri-Tues and now back home. Got some new snow almost every day and the rain line moved up high our last day so the timing was pretty perfect. Only bummer is sub peak stayed closed (understandably) but I wanted to hit the high dive and explore more on the far side of the bowl

Not the easiest to get there but well worth it. Will be going back for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

None of you fernie peeps have been chiming in much this year... how is it skiing lately?
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

It’s been a bit of strange year, we had a late opening due to lack of snow , followed by epic snow and freezing temperatures around Christmas, then the last two months we have gone through thaw, freeze, snow/recover cycles. 31cm on Thursday night and it’s going to stay cold for the next few days so the weekend should be good at least.

Incredible skiing last 4 days in the Rockies...blower pow, stability and blue skies...lots of tracks out there in all kinds of places!! Lots of people getting after it! Hope you guys all got some!

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Incredible skiing last 4 days in the Rockies...blower pow, stability and blue skies...lots of tracks out there in all kinds of places!! Lots of people getting after it! Hope you guys all got some!
    Yeah guys are getting it good. Snow all up in their faces and snow lingering in the air between turns. Acceptable.

Got 4 laps in upper ER5 today! Fuckin fun skiing when the let you in for that short window.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Yeah guys are getting it good. Snow all up in their faces and snow lingering in the air between turns. Acceptable.

Are those angel wings?

Looks like excellent snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    Got 4 laps in upper ER5 today! Fuckin fun skiing when the let you in for that short window.
    Nice work- sounds like they wanted some skier Traffic before the next couple cm’s and freeride 3* qualifier. Should be a good comp this week! Good luck athletes!

ER5's looked real thin compared to last year, probably that November crust sloughing off a good base more than once. Didn't let you in past center chute did they?

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMagnet View Post
    ER5's looked real thin compared to last year, probably that November crust sloughing off a good base more than once. Didn't let you in past center chute did they?
    All the way across. But the only entrance was the lower one from paradise bowl. Was a bit thin but better than expected.

Are those angel wings?
    It certainly looks as though that skier died and went to heaven.

Rip in peace.
    Relatively low post count.

Still.....Blue, deep, stable....the Rockies continue to deliver...go get some!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61691B74-30DB-4286-A2BB-2392B6A4C95E.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	491.2 KB 
ID:	408893

gClick image for larger version. 

Name:	0F262D9B-3D75-48A9-AD24-9E0329290767.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	409030

spray valley getting hit hard..,tracks getting put up all over! Little bit of wind to make it a little more interesting but long sunny days are welcome! Saw some guys putting up a boot pack up a really gnar line today... guys shredding stuff into rappels etc...know your line, don’t follow tracks...new type of skier out there these days....

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    We were riding up with Dave Petch when a snowboarder went past the sign closure to the cliff band at the end, perched above the straighline and cleanly dropped in and rode out smooth...was nice. To be fair to the snowboarder, the sign was above where he traversed across to get in there so needless to say, Dave was sending someone immediately to move that sign lower. Sharky in there but fun for a few runs for sure.

Love the ERs. Looking forward to introducing my kids to Lake Louise and environs next week on our Spring Break trip!

I think our own "spookie" got to go into WH3 on a photo shoot.

#sopro

#skibigmike

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    I think our own "spookie" got to go into WH3 on a photo shoot.

#sopro

#skibigmike
    Wh3 was looking best I’ve ever seen last week. Be a fun ski! Love to see some pics spooky!

Wh3 was looking best I’ve ever seen last week. Be a fun ski! Love to see some pics spooky!
    I THINK only a few pros have been in
    Tatum,

Kevin and Hoji

and Lindsey Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    I THINK only a few pros have been in
    Tatum,

Kevin and Hoji

and Lindsey Dyer

Maybe a few tgr right wingers too...

Makes sense why would u want to ski in there if you have to buy your skis....

Maybe a few tgr right wingers too...

Makes sense why would u want to ski in there if you have to buy your skis....

ya, that is the list for "officially" in that terrian

Ailing parents and sundry family commitments conspired to keep me close to our condo in Canmore so it was Norquay again for me today. Solo in the AM + 5 to 10 cm made for super fun North American laps. My small town kids couldn’t wrap their heads the concept of a magic carpet so we even did a couple laps there in the afternoon.