Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Sweet thanks for the info all. Looks like I’m headed to LL this weekend!

I’m bringing my new Bibbys, so if you guys could get a dump together that’d be great

maybe ask "El Hefe" for more pics for Ular

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy30 View Post
    My take would be kicking horse, it’s absolutely unreal right now. And I’m sure they’ll be working on opening up more of the mountain the next week, and mid mountain is skiing well now with the most recent storm.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7766.PNG 
Views:	108 
Size:	471.8 KB 
ID:	397143

bit cold this morning in banff. Stunning beautiful, but cold. warmed up to -12

Lift shack at the top of the quad chair at Kimberley burned last night. It was the fourth significant fire in K in the past two weeks.

Might be the New Year before it and the electrical controls inside can be rebuilt.

An earlier fire that burned down the local gymnastics club is now a suspected torch job.

Rumours in town that the lift fire is related to the resort’s vax policy. Hoping that’s not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Lift shack at the top of the quad chair at Kimberley burned last night. It was the fourth significant fire in K in the past two weeks.

Might be the New Year before it and the electrical controls inside can be rebuilt.

An earlier fire that burned down the local gymnastics club is now a suspected torch job.

Rumours in town that the lift fire is related to the resort’s vax policy. Hoping that’s not the case.
    4th fire in town quells my immediate and totally speculative thought that the Squamish Cable Cutter had made his next move.

Looks like you are going to be hiking for your turns again this year.

Likely for weeks.

Going to be devastating for the town to lose the Christmas season as probably will be massive cancellations.

puregravity to the rescue! He must have a lot of time these days since he departed from the bitcoin thread.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

That sucks. Did the resort have any different vax policy than required by the government?

I believe that Kimberley, (and all RCR resorts) are requiring vaccinations to ride the lifts. Some other BC resorts do not have the same requirement, and are asking only for proof of vaccination to go inside a restaurant/daylodge etc.

Likely for weeks.

Going to be devastating for the town to lose the Christmas season as probably will be massive cancellations.
    The whining on Facebook from people who expect the resort to somehow create a shuttle service is astounding.

To be fair, hotels and STR’s will see a whack of cancelations and the local bar/restaurant/shopping industry that has been pummelled by Covid wants and needs that not to happen…. So while the hike is all of 15 minutes, families with small children, the bread and butter for Kimbo, won’t be impressed and will hurt the towns already struggling tourism sector.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Absolutely, G, that hike is not an option for many families, seniors or anyone with physical limitations. But if there was a viable way to run a shuttle system then the resort would likely have done it last year when the quad was broken down for two weeks.

Given today’s regulations and insurance, suggestions people have been making like transporting skiers in a giant sleigh behind a snowcat or with ropes behind a snowmobile seem like non starters.

Maybe the resort will pull a rabbit out of a hat with a system but I don’t see how. It’s just a tough situation for the entire community.

Meanwhile there’s snow in the forecast from Tuesday night onward.

All I'll say is that the snow justifies the frozen extremities... and that the winds have been more generous than usual.

But later this week? Nah, that's just too cold.

2021/22 CND rockies thread

Best opening week in memory at Pano. Skied 8 of the 10 days between opening Friday on the 9th and Sunday the 19th. With two Sundays of 30-40 cm each. Had to head back to Cowtown for a few days of family obligations and work (from home). Rolling back Thursday in time for deep freeze.

The trees were well covered and while I did find one nasty rock that required a major repair to my Mantra 5, ( on Downhill) for the most part, very few bare spots even in the frontside trees 4 or 5 days after the dump on the 11th. Still a lot of soft turns on Friday in the front side trees. So the snow Sat and Sunday just set it up beautifully.

Never made it into Taynton, other than some runs off Stumbocks, but hearing overall very good with few nasty suprises. If this season keeps up, I am really excited. May have to quit the day job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

frosty forcast. Hoping for inversions, if not its the holiday to work and hide from the temps

Dive was SO GOOD today…but SO COLD!!!

Went from -20*C on the east side of the Rockies to -8*C on the West side on the drive back out today
    . Snowing a little at Pano and the tree is up.

Looking to get some turns in Christmas Day between family Zoom calls at 9AM and 2PM. Usually a great ski day due to no crowds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Santa’s bringing the snow to Kimberley! 41 cm in the past 48 hrs and still coming down.

Quad chair will be out of commission for “months not weeks” is the latest news. The resort is borrowing a couple of passenger snow cats to transport people over to the backside lifts but at a dozen passengers or so each that will only appeal to people willing to wait a long time for a ride. Does give families an option at least.

Good workout hiking for a half hour each morning before even starting to ski. Gonna get me in shape or kill me.

Not good is the looming -20 temps. Still a decent -10 this morning.

Merry Christmas you Cnd Rockies kooks.

-28 in banff.

happy holidays

Santa’s bringing the snow to Kimberley! 41 cm in the past 48 hrs and still coming down.

Quad chair will be out of commission for “months not weeks” is the latest news. The resort is borrowing a couple of passenger snow cats to transport people over to the backside lifts but at a dozen passengers or so each that will only appeal to people willing to wait a long time for a ride. Does give families an option at least.

Good workout hiking for a half hour each morning before even starting to ski. Gonna get me in shape or kill me.

Not good is the looming -20 temps. Still a decent -10 this morning.

Merry Christmas you Cnd Rockies kooks.
    Need to try Kimberly some day. Just challenging to drive an hour and a half to ski when I can walk 200 yards to lift!
    Using Tapatalk

Marmot decided to keep the lifts closed today. -31 around 10 am and not looking like it will get too much warmer.

Holy shit…looks like Santa parked himself in Fernie for the night!!!

In Lake Louise now and headed towards Nelson in a day or two but want to hit up one more resort along the way... Kicking Horse or Fernie?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Fernie is a better place to split the drive, keeps you off Highway 1 and it looks like they have awesome snow right now and possibly less chance of freezing your pills off.