Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Blockades coming to a skier highway near you?
    Relatively low post count.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    which is ~ 50% off weekend rate can be used anytime
    I’ll take them off your hands.

PM for what day will be in golden and how many, can meet in lodge
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua toque View Post
    Blockades coming to a skier highway near you?
    Yeah the weirdo from Canmore didn't get much action going today. Seems Facebook and Reddit threads got shut. One vehicle with a flag this afternoon. Probably 20 vehicles a week ago Sunday when the trucks from BC rolled through at 11pm thinking on the overpasses.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Yeah the weirdo from Canmore didn't get much action going today. Seems Facebook and Reddit threads got shut. One vehicle with a flag this afternoon. Probably 20 vehicles a week ago Sunday when the trucks from BC rolled through at 11pm thinking on the overpasses.
    Wait, what?

I thought Aqua Toques reference was to the Coutts border stuff for some reason... is something going on closer to ski hills too?
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Wait, what?

I thought Aqua Toques reference was to the Coutts border stuff for some reason... is something going on closer to ski hills too?
    Yeah there is talk of trying to shut down the trans Canada at the park gates too. Full Tanks extra food, in case the kooks try to wreck ski plans.

Story is on our local news every night. Seems they are mostly just fucking over other truckers, costing them money and preventing them from getting home.

The idea that you're going to get a bunch of truckers to comply with a vax mandate is pretty ludicrous.

Don't be hating on John his ankles are so fucked. If you want to give a blue skier a good day on blacks or pretty easy doubles he's or used to be your man. If you want a ripper ask for Dylan or Gilles to take you to T1, T2, ozone not the easy way, Dutch wallet etc shit your pants stuff.
    Who is hating on John? He is an awesome dude. Also helped a bud hen the wife had a bad fall. He is totally great peeps. So sorry to hear he is suffering, but if he is still skiiing, more good to him.

Guy lives as a teacher in Eastern Townships, rolls west at retirement to ski and teach, total respect. Super dude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    Who is hating on John? He is an awesome dude. Also helped a bud hen the wife had a bad fall. He is totally great peeps. So sorry to hear he is suffering, but if he is still skiiing, more good to him.

Guy lives as a teacher in Eastern Townships, rolls west at retirement to ski and teach, total respect. Super dude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    teamdirt was being a bit of a hater

I probably wave or talk to John an average of once a day over the season

Bike with him too, its amazing what he climbs but also amazing how slow he goes on the downhill.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    ... is something going on closer to ski hills too?
    Was hearing on mainstream media about something in the works on the TC as Crash indicated.

Just fishing for any ear-to-the-ground beta.

Was hearing on mainstream media about something in the works on the TC as Crash indicated.

Just fishing for any ear-to-the-ground beta.
    It’s hearsay, but I have also heard about a likely block/ convoy near the Banff park gates on Saturday

Ugh. Makes me want to buy a $500 beater and a 5 point harness and make my own point to the roadblock.

I'd give to your GoFundMe.

I'd give to your GoFundMe.
    Lol! Maybe you are onto something.

In unrelated news, Castle skied well today.

The wind slab on the upper mountain and in the chutes was challenging and punchy, but north of the red chair was much nicer and more consistent.

No crowds and manageable winds and powder turns = good day.

Quote Originally Posted by tintin5 View Post
    It’s hearsay, but I have also heard about a likely block/ convoy near the Banff park gates on Saturday
    Yeah this is the word around Canmore

Almost forgot I have fair number of KH tickets to sell. Can use anytime this year. $75 ish 2 for $140
    Sorry new to this forum but do you still have KH tickets? We have Rocky mountain passports but would like to take my wife to KH for a day when conditions are good, She is definitely not a KH type skier (strictly Sunshine) but would like her to see it, but not for $130. Thanks

Deep in the K! Besides that I’m not going to say. Photos are a -stray. Keep it real and ski jeans at the quay....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony911 View Post
    Sorry new to this forum but do you still have KH tickets? We have Rocky mountain passports but would like to take my wife to KH for a day when conditions are good, She is definitely not a KH type skier (strictly Sunshine) but would like her to see it, but not for $130. Thanks
    sorry not keeping track, yes PM me for details if still want

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Deep in the K! Besides that I’m not going to say. Photos are a -stray. Keep it real and ski jeans at the quay....
    Sure was nice to feel like winter again!

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Photos are a -stray....
    What they say
    Is you don't look that good anyway
    So have a nice day
    M'kay...

(yeah, that's a haiku)

Pathetic ski rapping inspired by Brad Holmes:

Another great day!
    But It sure was cold today!
    Sun was out in the K....
    Perhaps a photo another day.
    Get out and go play!
    Last edited by teamdirt; 02-21-2022 at 09:59 PM.

Been skiing at Marmot all season. It’s awesome the work the team is putting in opening hikeable terrain this season. Combine that with other openings in the past decade or so (tres hombres, eagles east), making this little hill that I learned to ski at even sweeter.

Skiing there many weekends, generally solo while the kiddo skis with his freeride team. If anyone wants to do a lap or two, reach out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have a condo in Canmore for Smithers Spring Break (March 13th to 19th). Will mostly be skiing with the kiddos but would love to ski something cool. How is the Town Couloir looking this year?

"How is the Town Couloir looking this year?" - Coverage is looking pretty good, but we've had a real roller coaster of temperatures since a couple weeks of warm and wind and there is a buried crust layer you could still feel under the recent fresh on most all aspects. Hopefully things will refresh and heal up by your visit. If not Town Couloir, there should be some decent reliable powder available in K-Country or 93 N.