Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Based on weather forecast mostly temp wise I'd head to revy then down to Nelson. Fernie and golden will be cold af. Revy will be warmer and still get some snow. If the Temps don't scare you fernie could be good if they actually open anything

From Louise you’d have to drive past Golden and KH and eventually backtrack east an hour to ski Fernie then back west again to Nelson.

Gonna be -28 C in Fernie Sunday night and Golden Monday night.

I like Crashidy’s idea.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Based on weather forecast mostly temp wise I'd head to revy then down to Nelson. Fernie and golden will be cold af. Revy will be warmer and still get some snow. If the Temps don't scare you fernie could be good if they actually open anything
    Did four days in Revy before heading to LL and pass is blacked out there now. Figured we'd check out somewhere that's not on the pass since we have to pay anyways, but yeah the upcoming temps are no bueno. Maybe we should just try to get to Nelson faster since it's marginally warmer there and they seem to have been getting snow.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Did four days in Revy before heading to LL and pass is blacked out there now. Figured we'd check out somewhere that's not on the pass since we have to pay anyways, but yeah the upcoming temps are no bueno. Maybe we should just try to get to Nelson faster since it's marginally warmer there and they seem to have been getting snow.

Yeah, just head straight to Nelson. South on BC side though Cranbrook.

Yeah, just head straight to Nelson. South on BC side though Cranbrook.
    Thanks, Merry Christmas, all!

-29 current with -27 high

SSV closed.

-20 at KHo. Nobody there and other than being a bit slow, the snow was nice.

Here comes Johnny with his pecker in his hand...
    Relatively low post count.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua toque View Post
    Here comes Johnny with his pecker in his hand...
    and he's off to the rodeo

Can anybody confirm that Red still allows van camping in the parking lot? Been a couple years since I’ve been there and their website doesn’t address it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Can anybody confirm that Red still allows van camping in the parking lot? Been a couple years since I’ve been there and their website doesn’t address it anymore.
    Was just there a couple days ago, had signs that said 7 day max.

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Was just there a couple days ago, had signs that said 7 day max.

Sweet thanks, wasn’t sure if things had changed since they teamed up with Alterra. I’m stoked to try out the new lift from two years ago

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E8B3287C-52B4-48C9-A2E5-673E3BD1F877.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	304.8 KB 
ID:	399859
    Fresh Coldvid. Very contagious. just try to keep the poof out of ur kisser!
    Last edited by teamdirt; 01-05-2022 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Lift shack at the top of the quad chair at Kimberley burned last night. It was the fourth significant fire in K in the past two weeks.

Might be the New Year before it and the electrical controls inside can be rebuilt.

An earlier fire that burned down the local gymnastics club is now a suspected torch job.

Rumours in town that the lift fire is related to the resort’s vax policy. Hoping that’s not the case.
    Any update from locals on this? RCR brought in a couple snowcats which are helping to move a couple people up the hill per day, but wondering if anyone has any wildly inaccurate rumours to pass along regarding lift repair schedule or criminal charges on the arson?

paging @eldo @Angle Parking...?

Quote Originally Posted by aragon View Post
    Any update from locals on this? RCR brought in a couple snowcats which are helping to move a couple people up the hill per day, but wondering if anyone has any wildly inaccurate rumours to pass along regarding lift repair schedule or criminal charges on the arson?

paging @eldo @Angle Parking...?
    I am not aware of any rumours (wildly inaccurate or otherwise) but I do check in on this thread every once in a while hoping to hear some.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    I am not aware of any rumours (wildly inaccurate or otherwise) but I do check in on this thread every once in a while hoping to hear some.
    Thanks - I have some other sources on the ground that I have checked in with; will update the thread with anything I hear. We are not local (anymore, did live there for a couple years) but have a place on the hill in Kimbo and trying to sort out when things might be back to normal. I think the good money is on "next year" ...

Quote Originally Posted by aragon View Post
    Thanks - I have some other sources on the ground that I have checked in with; will update the thread with anything I hear. We are not local (anymore, did live there for a couple years) but have a place on the hill in Kimbo and trying to sort out when things might be back to normal. I think the good money is on "next year" ...
    I’m a 14 hour drive away from Kimberley myself.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

No credible gossip in my world on when/ if the quad will spin again this year, or who did it and why...

What I can tell you is the skiing at Kimberley has been fantastic of late due to both epic conditions and lack of traffic!

Could end up being the best year ever for locals who don’t mind a short walk to start the day.

Quote Originally Posted by p.blz View Post
    No credible gossip in my world on when/ if the quad will spin again this year, or who did it and why...

What I can tell you is the skiing at Kimberley has been fantastic of late due to both epic conditions and lack of traffic!

Could end up being the best year ever for locals who don’t mind a short walk to start the day.
    Funny how things work out sometimes.

Anyone know if lift tickets for kimberley are still full price given the current situation?

Also, I assume they are still allowing uphill traffic but are checking for tickets on the back?

Not trying to rip anyone off but if there are some deals to be had I might convince myself to head over there to make the best of it.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Lift tickets are discounted, prices on the website in the update about the lift. Don’t know about the uphill but they do have main fenced entirely off for the snowcat shuttle so not sure about access from the skinning side over to Easter. On the other hand the runs over by the uphill are probably not getting skied at all. Winch cat is bust so almost no grooming on Easter either which might be an issue with warmer weather.

In other updates, skied Castle yesterday for the first time since the Huckleberry chair went in. There are some nice gladed areas off it and snow was good. Upper chair was incredibly windy as to be expected with the chinook blowing in, kept closing the reopening. Got one run skiers right as far as you could go without the further chutes being open (they were blasting) and it was mostly creamy goodness. By the afternoon even the lower chair was stopping because of wind and the lines were getting pretty long because of that so we bailed. Good reminder of how awesome a hill that place can be with good snow.

LL = just under 500cm of snow this year, (SSV a bit more)

for LL this is the most snow to date since 1955

Ya, conditions are filled in

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    LL = just under 500cm of snow this year, (SSV a bit more)

for LL this is the most snow to date since 1955

Ya, conditions are filled in
    Which is funny cause it didn't feel as filled in as normal. Thinking er area

Which is funny cause it didn't feel as filled in as normal. Thinking er area
    some of the big 100cm storms in Nov have slide to ground, So the debris area is VERY filled in. the steeper terrain less so?

The Mighty Rae shall advance again!

Harkening the dawn of the New Highwood Ice Age. God help the sheep.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elbow pillow.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	482.7 KB 
ID:	400592
    Relatively low post count.