Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I happen to be in Golden tonight and noticed their ski swap is tomorrow. The website says it's cash only (which would be surprising if we were not in a pandemic, let alone now)... but if I go I don't want to walk around with gobs of cash in my pocket if I don't have to.

Does anyone know if there's a cash machine on site?

It must be run by mags since I found these pricing guidelines on their site that are an exact copy of the "before you sell, read this" thread...

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Odds are they will have a cash machine on site, or a way to hold things, so you can go get cash.

also this is on in LL at noon. Odds are mostly ex-rental and a few locals, but manybe some jems

https://www.skilouise.com/things-to-...nlpw4KxkGdqO38

Anyone want some previous season stoke while they wait?

I tossed together a bunch of video I shot last year, season edit style, before I move it external hard drive purgatory and forget about it forever. Mostly Rockies, with a smattering of Purcells and Selkirks. We were fortunate to make turns in some pretty cool places. Check it out if you're into it:

Great stoke Matt. Thx for sharing. Headed out tomorrow for day 1

I haven't made it out yet, I'm not sure if it's worth it for the moment, have some personal things to take care of, so need some time rather than working right away.

But I'm not complaining about another winter without being overrun by Aussies.

skied Quay on Fri, LL on Sat. What is open (limited) is 100% good to ski. did 90 min/6 runs, then needed to get to work. Almost no crowds, easy to get a vax sticker on your pass, well groomed, etc.

Sure I WOULD like to be skiing the backside like last year, but to me it seems like a very average start to the season. 100% NOT worth buying a ticket, but if you have a pass, and live near, its well worth going up and testing the legs, balance, skis, etc.

hey m-ruta, what is the line just after 2:30 in your vid? sweet stoke (here and on your site) as usual...

Marmot just moved their opening day target from Nov 12 to the 19th. No surprise, it's been just barely cold enough to fire the guns some days. On another note, there was a fresh 20cm on the parkway this morning - parker ridge has 35 cm on the ground at the parking lot and bow summit looks to be a tad heavier than that.

Quote Originally Posted by bot.gee View Post
    hey m-ruta, what is the line just after 2:30 in your vid? sweet stoke (here and on your site) as usual...
    That's the E face of Mt. Bell. See here: https://mattruta.com/2021/04/09/a-fe...ce-of-mt-bell/

Between the snow quality and the position, one of the best sequences of turns I've ever had the pleasure of linking together. Worth the nearly three fully puckered hours it took to work through the rest of the face.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9A88A3A2-4DCF-49A6-9A7D-1387539AD735.jpeg 
Views:	128 
Size:	291.6 KB 
ID:	392559

The mighty strawberry is an early season magnet! looks like they also opened wolverine today. Forecast looks good if you believe it.

Anywhere from 50 to 80 cm forecast for Louise Sunday to Tuesday

Sent from my SM-A526W using Tapatalk

The benefits of being on the cold side of the divide.

On the B.C. side it looks like a lot of pineapples are on the way.

www.snow-forecast.com/

calling for 40 at SSV

and 50+ at LL.

and even 30+ at Quay.

see what happens.

Marmot reports 13 over night. Still snowing now. Hopefully we hit 30 but anything is good.

KH stayed in the cold air so got dumped on like SSV and LL.

Down B.C. south we got heavy rain yesterday to above mountain tops from Fernie to Red in the west.

Going back to disc golf this week.

42cm might be the two day total but stayed -1 at snow plot 0 to +1 C in town so bottom of hill may be heavy but not to much rain. ok correction 32cm last 24 with 62cm last 48h
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    42cm might be the two day total but stayed -1 at snow plot 0 to +1 C in town so bottom of hill may be heavy but not to much rain. ok correction 32cm last 24 with 62cm last 48h
    Good for the base! Hope to make it out that way late January.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Epic skiing in the Purcell’s, Saturday/ Sunday. Still not sure if it was worth the 17.5hours it took me to get from Radium to Hwy 1 castle on Sunday night. Road situation with jackknifed semis was total madness....detour the detour
    Last edited by teamdirt; 11-15-2021 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Good for the base! Hope to make it out that way late January.
    town got to +5 so there must be some rain at base but looks like enough snow at base to sponge it up, Will be deep freeze next couple of days so will see.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

It's been a very wet couple of days in Fernie. All the snow in my yard got washed/melted away by the rain, My lawn is looking very green and lush right now. I'm guessing it probably rained to the top of the mountain at the ski hill. At least the forecast is looking a bit cooler for the rest of the week, maybe we'll even get some snow.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Epic skiing in the Purcell’s, Saturday/ Sunday. Still not sure if it was worth the 17.5hours it took me to get from Radium to Hwy 1 castle on Sunday night. Road situation with jackknifed semis was total madness....detour the detour
    You must have been in the slow lane.....it only took me 15 hours.

It was the first time I needed to text the boss with an inReach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post
    You must have been in the slow lane.....it only took me 15 hours.

It was the first time I needed to text the boss with an inReach.
    Guess the timing Depends on how you got blocked in or what trucker tried to not let you pass...3 lanes of traffic headed to Calgary on a single lane hwy....lots of angry unprepared people out there...lol

I had sleeping bag/ rubber boots/ food/ water/ fuel. So no issues. Lots of people don’t even have anything more than tennis shoes and a hoodie...so f’d...

TOPO opened today, front side summit tomorrow at LL