Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Great TR. One of the best. Thanks.

Wow! Respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great TR, thanks for posting.

Awesome TR, thanks. Logistical question: how do you handle food storage/bear safety when camped?

Dude, awesome. I've been kicking around the idea of going for it next year...I'm not sure if I want to do it more or less after reading your report.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

It's so cool and a very beautiful view.

Quote Originally Posted by error401 View Post
    It's so cool and a very beautiful view.
    Solid first post JONG.....FFS.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Solid first post JONG.....FFS.
    Lol. Yup there was only one view on the ride

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Dude, awesome. I've been kicking around the idea of going for it next year...I'm not sure if I want to do it more or less after reading your report.
    Do it! It really is an amazing ride. Just don't read schillingsworths TR. Or do...I linked to it somewhere.

You can always do sections if you don't want to commit to the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by canyonrider View Post
    Awesome TR, thanks. Logistical question: how do you handle food storage/bear safety when camped?
    Not a lot honestly. Food stays in my pack or bike bags which are right next to me. Only black bears in CO which usually run away. Usually riding late-ish and up early, so that also limits exposure time. Definitely bring a bear can or ursack in grizz country.

Saw a lot of bear cans at the start of the hike and just above Durango, but almost none in the middle. Guessing most of those got mailed home after a few days.

Thanks for sharing the journey through great words and pictures. Two friends have completed this: one a professional cyclist (at the time) and another a more novice mountain biker. They both said it was awesome but super hard! I've never really wanted to do it but your photos make it look like a great adventure.

Nice man, I've got plans to do it at the end of August next summer. Just hoping to beat 14 days which I don't think is crazy especially since I'll probably be doing it on a 29 pound trail bike unless I can find a more downcountry bike to use.

Curious, was the guy you saw who was trying to do the "fastest known time" riding on a hardtail? After talking with Neil Belchenko about the trail (which he has records on) he said he'd never do it on a hardtail, so inefficient and unforgiving which I'm inclined to agree with. Just take the small weight penalty of a shock and linkage and enjoy the ride haha