Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,804

    Kanye's Donda: shit is trash.

    shit is trash. that is all.
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    31,079
    Did you honestly expect anything different?
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    SEA>DEN>Spokanistan
    Posts
    2,053

    Kanye's Donda: shit is trash.

    It’s so bad, honestly, really wanted old Kanye back… lame! Now my Spotify is going to start recommending gospel music.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Renton, WA
    Posts
    175
    there are a lot of very good songs, with some garbage mixed in. also some very strange editing.

    Jesus Lord is very, very good.
    Lord I Need You is probably my 2nd favorite track, but it should've kept going. i feel like it got cut short.
    Off the Grid is good.
    Believe What I Say is great, reminds me of a certain Gambino era.


    Tell the Vision is a random Pop Smoke track. it's like it got cut/pasted into the album at a random point, plus I don't like Pop Smoke, so yeah. not good.
    I don't like Carti, so that track with him sucks for me.

    The pt 2 tracks are largely kinda confusing to me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imaginationland
    Posts
    4,179
    https://youtu.be/XASNM1XEQPs This is you
    Eta @skilyft

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    268
    Lolz so true

    The self awareness on here is unreal

    edit: I feel bad now. I don't know any of you enough to know what you know. Ya know?
    Last edited by AEvospace; 09-02-2021 at 11:05 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    there are a lot of very good songs, with some garbage mixed in. also some very strange editing.

    Jesus Lord is very, very good.
    Lord I Need You is probably my 2nd favorite track, but it should've kept going. i feel like it got cut short.
    Off the Grid is good.
    Believe What I Say is great, reminds me of a certain Gambino era.


    Tell the Vision is a random Pop Smoke track. it's like it got cut/pasted into the album at a random point, plus I don't like Pop Smoke, so yeah. not good.
    I don't like Carti, so that track with him sucks for me.

    The pt 2 tracks are largely kinda confusing to me.
    Praise God, Jesus Lord for Brasso to filter through the garbage. The tracks you listed weren’t terrible, almost everything else on that album is absolute trash. Kanye really hasn’t dropped shit since 2013..

    I remember when K Lamar dropped DAMN. One of the best days every ripping Kirkwood to an album that went pretty hard the whole way through.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Renton, WA
    Posts
    175
    DAMN is good, but TPAB is better.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,804
    if i'm listening to 2010s rap, i'm listening to Cole. i can appreciate Kendrick but he just isn't my speed i guess.
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    DAMN is good, but TPAB is better.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    I can agree with that.. I just don't have the same memory of shreddin deep pow w the homies w TPAB. One of my homies only tattoo is the "i" from i single cover photo, i does appear on TPAB, though. From a pure music standpoint I think good kid, mad city is the best.

    @SUF, I can understand your feelings about Kendrick, I like some of his music, but there's a lot that I'm not a huge fan of that everyone else loves.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Renton, WA
    Posts
    175
    Oh I like that. I have a hat with that "i" that I like a lot. Same same, but different.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,568
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    if i'm listening to 2010s rap, i'm listening to Cole. i can appreciate Kendrick but he just isn't my speed i guess.
    Huh. No love for this jam?



    Although, I think one my favs was actually his collab with SchoolBoy Q here:


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    5,736
    Isn't it just "Ye" now? Or artist formerly known as.... copy cat
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Isn't it just "Ye" now? Or artist formerly known as.... copy cat
    I know for awhile he wanted us to call him Jesus.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    SEA>DEN>Spokanistan
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    https://youtu.be/XASNM1XEQPs This is you
    Eta @skilyft
    My white boy vibe is STONG AF


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,123
    I personaly give < zero fucks about that kinda music but on the national public radio they gave it a 5 out of 10

    they were kinder to the other guy I think its Drake and then they went thru the Cat fight these 2 are having
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    OREYGUN!
    Posts
    14,602
    Jail part 1 is good. Jay z’s verse is good.
    Off the grid is also good…

    But that’s about it imv
    At least all I can think of off hand

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,926
    My take:

    Donda is a disorganized mess with some moments of new brilliance and some moments of “old Kanye”. The Andre 3000 track that got left off (and leaked by Drake) woulda been a top 3 song off this album.

    CLB is a very consistent but unremarkable album with zero surprises or amazing moments - so, coming from the biggest artist of the last decade, it’s a let down (that will sell millions and do zero reputational damage to his career)

    Both albums coulda used an editor. Both albums coulda used a feature from the other artist - that woulda made this a pivotal moment instead of a sissy fight between a “lover boy” and a delusional genius.
    Last edited by bennymac; 09-07-2021 at 10:41 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    OREYGUN!
    Posts
    14,602
    ^Pretty good take IMV

    Growing on me, but still meh.

    Hurricane is my fave track on it ATM

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    541
    art suffers when the artist is so far removed from reality. you end up with a product that only the artist cares about ie: petty beefs with others who've succumbed to the same suckfest, self proclamation of genius, and tantrums when criticized.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,568
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    art suffers when the artist is so far removed from reality. you end up with a product that only the artist cares about ie: petty beefs with others who've succumbed to the same suckfest, self proclamation of genius, and tantrums when criticized.
    Yup. Kanye in a nutshell. Which is what made that South Park episode all the more hilarious. Surprisingly, Kanye fessed up to being able to laugh at that ep and using it as a reason to grow and be better.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •