the south isn’t run by murdaugh’s?
    Just South Carolina…lol

Bo Nix to the Ducks……

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Bo Nix to the Ducks……
    Ty Thompson transferring soon ??

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Ty Thompson transferring soon ??
    Probably. Nix is good...I don't like the move though. What's it tell ty Thompson? Just that he sucks?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I'll admit I was wrong about ol' Tommy Mullet (an inside joke from the SHSU game). He's certainly brought a spark and yet more wrinkles to our offense. Plus, now yelling, "BUTTE TOUGH" is more accurate and less of a dig at the Mining City.
    Tommy Touchdown is a dawg and I look forward to three more years of him as our quarterback. Butte, America to Frisco.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Probably. Nix is good...I don't like the move though. What's it tell ty Thompson? Just that he sucks?
    Two years of Nix might not be too bad, maybe he's one and done. TT waits it out for another year and starts for 2-3 seasons . No guarantee Thompson is ready to start at a top tier program. The nature of college football is changing daily with player movements and NIL. Maybe football program is fully embracing the Dana Altman model as the fastest way to success.

2021 College Football Thread

In one instance I don’t know if I blame them but In another I find it absolutely selfish…. I know this is the trend but I could not agree more with what as written about the decision of 4 Buckeyes opting out of the Grand Daddy of Them All…:

LOS ANGELES — Plain and simple, there's no other way label it, the choice of several Ohio State players has tainted the greatest tradition in college football.

Advertise with usReport ad
    In a disheartening move, even if it is justified, four Buckeyes have opted out of playing in the Rose Bowl against Utah on Jan. 1. The decades-long dream for players in two conferences has morphed into a worthless consolation prize.

One month ago, one-loss Ohio State had visions of making the four-team playoff for the third consecutive year. But those dreams crashed hard after Michigan crushed the Buckeyes to close the regular season, rendering them bound for Pasadena, California, as the Big Ten representative in the Rose Bowl.

Skipping one last chance to play with their teammates, four Ohio State starters — receivers Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson, along with offensive tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere and defensive tackle Haskell Garrett — have decided not to play. All four have declared for the NFL.

Bummer, indeed.

In recent years, players have opted out of participating in second-tier bowls — which most bowls now are — rather than risk injury in an otherwise meaningless game. But this is the first time the trend has impacted the stature of the Rose Bowl.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50318827...ting-rose-bowl

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I guess the swag bags were not good enough this year..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I guess the swag bags were not good enough this year..
    That made me laugh…!

I was really looking forward to the game and will now really need some young blood step up…. With our 2 best receivers out it will be difficult…

Ya I'm used to people preparing to leave anyway opting out of the non playoff bowls. Might as well let the next man up get that top level game experience to build on next season.

Pay the kids in the open and it won’t be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Pay the kids in the open and it won’t be a problem.
    If I want to watch pros I'll watch NFL. Take the connection of these kids being fellow college students sharing my college experience out completely and the stoke is gone. I'd rather see someone get a legit diploma than a first round draft pick. It's amazing when someone gets BOTH.

Now, paying them the same as my kid got paid cash and student food and housing to work in the cafeteria and that's a no brainer. They gotta remain actual students though..

Might regret this but what the hell hahahahaha!

Name:  MV5BYzI4NjNiM2EtOTQxYy00MzkwLTgwMzctYzU5OGZlYWIzN2UzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI5MzExNDE@._V1_.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  22.5 KB

If I want to watch pros I'll watch NFL. Take the connection of these kids being fellow college students sharing my college experience out completely and the stoke is gone. I'd rather see someone get a legit diploma than a first round draft pick. It's amazing when someone gets BOTH.

Now, paying them the same as my kid got paid cash and student food and housing to work in the cafeteria and that's a no brainer. They gotta remain actual students though..
    Yeah, we aren’t at the point of saying they shouldn’t go to class, even if many currently don’t. Just pay them for the service they provide the university. Two separate discussions.

But their student experience isn’t exactly the same as your kid’s. .

I realize the coaches are all temps and there’s no team depth for the game. But the way the Ducks are playing is an absolute embarrassment to the game of football.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Yeah, we aren’t at the point of saying they shouldn’t go to class, even if many currently don’t. Just pay them for the service they provide the university. Two separate discussions.

But their student experience isn’t exactly the same as your kid’s. .
    Pat Fields is NFL level (or close) and he's already finished his masters degree. Not "most" but some.. I had some starters in a couple classes, and not the easiest classes. I get that there's also paper classes for those who do opt to just major in football/basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I realize the coaches are all temps and there’s no team depth for the game. But the way the Ducks are playing is an absolute embarrassment to the game of football.

Ya, Oregon's definitely coach challenged. Good chance to see what the interim guy's got with these halftime adjustments. Oklahoma's lucky to still have Bob on staff. He bleeds Sooner crimson even though he played for Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post

I actually thought that is when you got beat by Stanford and crushed by Utah not once but twice, but you did beat the Bucks…. Where the F are all the bragadocious Duck fans now…. Y’all know who you are…

Sorry, been way too long for trash talking and it will be so long before we get to do this again…. We will lose to Utah and will take it like a bitter man…

These kids are all in on next season. I like what I see. Lincoln who???

How’s that for some trash talk?

I fucking love watching dumb looser program fans shout ‘SEC! SEC! SEC!’ bro, you’re just there to be a punching bag, and they are gonna figure out a way to keep punching you without the revenue split.
    Digging me some shane beamer.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  43.0 KB
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Digging me some shane beamer.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  43.0 KB
    Wishing Rattler well there next season. He deserved better than he got at OU this season.

What a day for college football…! Cannot wait to see how UC does against Bama - just about everyone has not given UC a chance so we will now see…! And holy shit cannot wait to see GA and Michigan…. This Michigan team just seems to be an”destiny” team and would not be surprised at all to see them pull the upset…. The biggest issue is GA has a terrible taste in their mouth from the Alabama loss so they will def want to redeem themselves…. Either way it will be a great game…! Have to love bowl time…!

Last edited by Undertow; 12-31-2021 at 08:50 AM.

Pat Fields is NFL level (or close) and he's already finished his masters degree. Not "most" but some.. I had some starters in a couple classes, and not the easiest classes. I get that there's also paper classes for those who do opt to just major in football/basketball.
    Yeah and Pat Fields is transferring to Stanford. I’m guessing he realized OU doesn’t have strong Master’s degree programs (apart from their Tobacco Chewing and Cow Insemination programs, which are both excellent of course). #BoomerSooner

Quite a finish in that Pitt-MSU game last night. Pitt owned Sparty for like 3 quarters but nope.

Quote Originally Posted by ts334 View Post
    Yeah and Pat Fields is transferring to Stanford. I’m guessing he realized OU doesn’t have strong Master’s degree programs (apart from their Tobacco Chewing and Cow Insemination programs, which are both excellent of course). #BoomerSooner
    Oklahoma has an excellent engineering school. Other than that meh.. Definitely below Stanford for the other big stuff, but still a legit top 30 school.. Skoal and cow insemination is Ok State's gig. They're the aggie school you ignorant slut. But haters gonna hate LOL!

30 Best Colleges for Future Rhodes Scholars

Back on topic. I'd love for Cinci to shock the world. Everyone not wearing a Bama shirt today would.