Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 260
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,959
    That was the single best coached Oregon game I've ever seen. As a ducks fan you learn to expect catastrophe via penalties, turnovers or generally letting the foot off the gas.

    They stayed tight and disciplined, even in that environment. Wild.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,461
    Oregon played great. Buckeye run defense isn’t great.

    Bama played as bad today as I’ve seen under Saban (post 2007). Just not disciplined, not characteristic, sloppy. Work to do.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    8,927
    Syracuse had a wonderful game today. Ready for a great turnaround season!!

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    25,920
    LETS GO BLUE!
    I still call it The Jake.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,959
    One more thought about Oregon because I'm clearly astonished.

    In retrospect, they never looked scared or nervous, from the opening kickoff. They simply executed, and with the exception of Verdell's 77 yard TD, it was entirely grinder offense, exploiting seams and corners to get 6 here, 10 there. They played bigger on offense and played smarter on defense, forcing Ohio State to the air which hurt but kept them one dimensional. Had Thibs been playing to pressure Stroud? Might have been a bigger margin. Again, that coaching staff should get crazy props for having them seemingly calm as a bomb at the Horseshoe.

    This is all very hard to digest as a longtime Oregon fan.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    OREYGUN!
    Posts
    14,602
    ^they got flustered when the crowd blew up for those two-3 plays.

    Also don’t know why they went away from the run with a two TD lead. I guess averaging 8 yards a carry wasn’t good enough and he also wanted to stop the clock as much as possible to give the Buckeyes a chance?

    That game was way closer than it should have been.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    1,512
    If you throw out the weak ass holding call at the end of the 1st half and the 6+ passes that hit various receivers in the hands on key throws that would’ve moved the chains. Ducks would’ve won by 2 + touchdowns. Starting to see the fruits of good recruiting. Instead of having to be tricky and cute to win, these Ducks line up and hit you. I went to my first Duck game before I had the capacity of memory. I’ve never seen a team with this size and speed. NIL and the Nike connection could turn UofO into a pipeline. I’d love to see Cristobal stay around long enough to over take Bellotti as best Ducks coach of all time.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    写道
    Posts
    12,965
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    and with the exception of Verdell's 77 yard TD, it was entirely grinder offense, exploiting seams and corners to get 6 here, 10 there.
    The Zeros are a well-coached team, and exploiting seams, corners, etc is part of the deal. Loved the play scheme on Verdell's run to clear out middle. Center and guard trapped-and-sealed perfectly. Center went outside, guard stayed inside of defender- all at the 2nd level. Payday!

    I miss SC being good. Hell, even barely decent.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    One more thought about Oregon because I'm clearly astonished.

    In retrospect, they never looked scared or nervous, from the opening kickoff. They simply executed, and with the exception of Verdell's 77 yard TD, it was entirely grinder offense, exploiting seams and corners to get 6 here, 10 there. They played bigger on offense and played smarter on defense, forcing Ohio State to the air which hurt but kept them one dimensional. Had Thibs been playing to pressure Stroud? Might have been a bigger margin. Again, that coaching staff should get crazy props for having them seemingly calm as a bomb at the Horseshoe.

    This is all very hard to digest as a longtime Oregon fan.
    I think asking Anthony Brown to just be who is he is and take advantage of his experience is key to the rest of the reason. He's not going to win you games with his arm but help with with his maturity and experience. If they can get KT back soon this could be a really good season.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,053
    Finally after 11 yrs my BYU Cougars get a win over Utah. My youngest had never seen a BYU win in the rivalry (she's 11) and was pretty pumped. Good week to be a BYU fan with the Big 12 invite, too. Utes will still likely make some noise in the Pac 12. RB is legit.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,388
    Honestly I'm not sure BYU fans are allowed on this forum, you should check with the moderators. Either way, nice win tonight, you earned it, and I still hope the earth opens up and swallows your school into the depths of Hell.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,805
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Finally after 11 yrs my BYU Cougars get a win over Utah. My youngest had never seen a BYU win in the rivalry (she's 11) and was pretty pumped. Good week to be a BYU fan with the Big 12 invite, too. Utes will still likely make some noise in the Pac 12. RB is legit.
    The better running back is fucking dead but yeah, Bernard is pretty good himself.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    5,551
    It will be interesting to see if the PAC12 counters the Big12's offer to BYU. Sooners played ghosts. Texas is back LOL..Preview of SEC beatdowns to come?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  14. #89
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Texas is back LOL..Preview of SEC beatdowns to come?
    It’s a good thing I have Mary Hardin Baylor to root for now. That was tough to watch.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    5,551
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    It’s a good thing I have Mary Hardin Baylor to root for now. That was tough to watch.
    You still got the Utah bowl beatdown so those folks won't be piling on. I'm a UT grad school system alum so as long as they aren't playing my 4 year program school I want them (and even other Big12-2 and another 2) schools to do well.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    15,415
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    One more thought about Oregon because I'm clearly astonished.

    In retrospect, they never looked scared or nervous, from the opening kickoff. They simply executed, and with the exception of Verdell's 77 yard TD, it was entirely grinder offense, exploiting seams and corners to get 6 here, 10 there. They played bigger on offense and played smarter on defense, forcing Ohio State to the air which hurt but kept them one dimensional. Had Thibs been playing to pressure Stroud? Might have been a bigger margin. Again, that coaching staff should get crazy props for having them seemingly calm as a bomb at the Horseshoe.

    This is all very hard to digest as a longtime Oregon fan.
    I wasn't able to watch most of the game (kids football at the same time) but did manage to see the last 5 minutes. What a fucking game! With about 2:30 left I really didn't appreciate the announcers making it out like the Ducks had it wrapped up...even after the interception I wasn't comfortable. Then when they got the sack and Stroud threw a pass from his knees, clearly down, but they gave it to him. Even then with less than 15 seconds left I still thought they had an opportunity to blow it (see FSU)....but then the amazing happened and they actually pulled out the win.

    No gimmicks to win games...just took it too them.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,030
    I had no idea beating a so so Buckeye team was so BIG…. We will more than likely lose 2 to 3 games and think this is the year Blue beats us…. The Ducks played well but we couldn’t stop a Fing thing - no excuses at all but we are a super young team and will get it figured out…


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    no excuses at all but we are a super young team
    that sounds like an...excuse.
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,030
    We are - we will be back on top but will have some loses…. No excuses just facts…. Let’s say we beat the Ducks no way in hell could we beat Alabama or GA…


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I had no idea beating a so so Buckeye team was so BIG…. We will more than likely lose 2 to 3 games and think this is the year Blue beats us…. The Ducks played well but we couldn’t stop a Fing thing - no excuses at all but we are a super young team and will get it figured out…


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    We ??? What your position and number ?

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    15,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    We are - we will be back on top but will have some loses…. No excuses just facts…. Let’s say we beat the Ducks no way in hell could we beat Alabama or GA…


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It's because they were ranked #3 and were at home...and because Big 10 fans always seem to think Pac 12 teams can't hang.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    3,840
    Ranked Pac 12 teams can't hang with unranked Pac 12 teams. Fact - the Pac 12 eats its own.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    25,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    It's because they were ranked #3 and were at home...and because Big 10 fans always seem to think Pac 12 teams can't hang.
    Kinda been the sop for PAC 12 teams the past few years though, no?

    Fun opening weekend of games. Fell asleep and woke up to all those upsets.
    I still call it The Jake.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    15,415
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Kinda been the sop for PAC 12 teams the past few years though, no?

    Fun opening weekend of games. Fell asleep and woke up to all those upsets.
    I'm not disagreeing with the assessment. For the most part, besides Oregon beating Mich at the big house like 20 years ago or so, the pac12 does typically not hang. Oregon always had gimmicky teams that could do really well, shit almost won a the championship against Auburn...anyhow I agree.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,870
    Ohio ain’t gonna do much if they keep giving up 33 points a game…

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •