Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Athletic is the standard for sports journalism

I pay for ESPN+ just because they hide all of Bill Conley’s work behind the paywall. Extra Points is worth paying for if you want some more coverage of how the sausage is made.

Baylor will finish ahead of Oklahoma St. I get they lost. They will still finish better.

I don't watch a lot of football

But going to be in LA and will be going to the USC vs UCLA game at USC's home stadium (LA Memorial Stadium) with a couple guy friends

this was my idea but we're all pretty stoked about it

none of us are from the area - anyone got any tips for us?

My instincts say to pick tickets 1/3 to 1/2 of the way up somewhere midfield - and otherwise cheer for the home team and drink a lot of beer

My friends are football fans - me I'm there for the atmosphere and experience

I’d pay for the cheapest tickets you can and then go to best seats you can in a stadium which will in all likeliness be decently empty

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I’d pay for the cheapest tickets you can and then go to best seats you can in a stadium which will in all likeliness be decently empty
    +1 (same for concerts...)

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

^ problem is concerts are pretty wired for this. I mean, after 50 years. Sporting events for whatever reason not as much.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Oklahoma State already BEAT BAYLOR by ten points this season, same record, same strength of schedule. they lost to Iowa State by 3 Just totally stomped the team that almost beat Oklahoma last week. They belong ahead of Baylor for sure..

I see Oklahoma splitting with Oklahoma State last game then Big12-2 Championship game. A one loss Big 12 gets left out if
    a one loss Ohio State wins out for sure.. More recent loss, ESPN revenues, etc.. Big 12 doesn't make it over that if that's how it plays out. An undefeated Big12 champion is hard to exclude though..
    You're right. My bad on Baylor. Fucking Ohio State a spot above Oregon, so dumb.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

OK I still wanna see best college team versus worst NFL team. Georgia vs Detroit Lions.. Georgia plays college rules, one foot in bounds on a catch and interference is 15 yards no matter where it happens. Lions play NFL rules..

Would it even be close? I think it might...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

So apparently the Longhorns SpecialTeams coach is dating a stripper. Stage name of Pole Assassin ( because of course). Said stripper has an “emotional support” monkey. Said monkey allegedly chomped some kid at their house on Halloween….WTAF. Fuckin Texas…..
    https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tex...llege-football
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    So apparently the Longhorns SpecialTeams coach is dating a stripper. Stage name of Pole Assassin ( because of course). Said stripper has an “emotional support” monkey. Said monkey allegedly chomped some kid at their house on Halloween….WTAF. Fuckin Texas…..
    https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tex...llege-football
    I saw that this AM and no doubt I am sure Urban is thrilled to see this news to divert the attention away from him and his dance session…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I saw that this AM and no doubt I am sure Urban is thrilled to see this news to divert the attention away from him and his dance session…

Lol. Give ole Urb a week or two, he’ll retake the lead in dumbassery….

No surprises on the CFB Playoff Rankings round one. Home stretch.. see where we end up in a month...

At least the committee has more sense than the coaches and journalists. Ducks beat buckeyes on the road ,are 2-0 vs 1-1 against teams in the cfp top 25, 3-0 vs 3-1 against teams with winning records, and have a harder strength of schedule #22 vs #74. Fuck style points. If Alabama or Ohio st we’re pulling out games while decimated by injuries, and their only loss happened under horrible last second officiating when the OC was rushed to the ER shortly before game, the ESPN bobble heads would be talking about how gutsy and tough they are. Ducks had the guts to go away to Ohio st and bring in Fresno (never an easy opponent and especially this year). Meanwhile both Georgia and Texas A&M have canceled home and away series with Oregon in the last decade. Glad head to head match ups still mean something.
    I wish all big 5 conferences would forgo preseason bs games, schedule 2 out of conference big 5 opponents and the have the whole conference each play each other for a true conference champion. Big 5 champs + 3 for the playoff.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Stoked Weber beat Eastern Washington(and on the stupid red turf!), hopefully Montana State does the same next weekend. Would much rather see MT State as Big Sky champ than Sac State, looks like only chance Sac state should have at a loss would be UC Davis. Obviously, Great Divide Trophy needs to return to Missoula and hopefully Griz can win remaining games and make the playoffs.
    The 'Cats have a great shot at beating the screamin' chickens on the period mat. I'll be there in my blue and gold, and MSU fans will likely outdraw ewoo fans.

And no chance the Great Divide Trophy leaves Bozeman this year. The griz could barely squeak out a win against the worst team in the conference. Go CATS!!

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    PAC-12 would have better assistant salary pools if Champaign Larry hadn’t fucked up the PAC-12 network(s) and spent less on himself and housing the network in SFO. I think he genuinely thought he could make Olympic sports revenue producing due to his background as a country club tennis fucktard.
    lulz. True, sadily.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    ESPN is the absolute worst. I spend $5 a month on the Athletic and it's the best $5 I'll spend. Super high quality journalism, in depth coverage and no Disney bullshit.
    Absolutely agree on The Athletic. It's legit. And the app is everything you need and nothing you don't. Though as a devout fan of the Big Sky and FCS, ESPN+ this year has been great; all games are available 48 hours after air. And we can watch live. Absolutely worth it. I'll cancel the subscription come the end of college football.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    No surprises on the CFB Playoff Rankings round one. Home stretch.. see where we end up in a month...
    Mark it; the CFP committee will craft a narrative with the bottom 15 teams in the ranking to prop up and support the moves for the teams in the top ten. This will also be where OSU leaps Oregon and a two-loss Alabama team still gets in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The 'Cats have a great shot at beating the screamin' chickens on the period mat. I'll be there in my blue and gold, and MSU fans will likely outdraw ewoo fans.

Ehhhhhh, not so fast. If Barriere is on, there isn’t a team in FCS that can touch us. If he’s not…it’ll be a repeat of the Weber State game. It can be hard to keep up with a QB that averages 4TD and 400+ yds/game

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Mark it; the CFP committee will craft a narrative with the bottom 15 teams in the ranking to prop up and support the moves for the teams in the top ten. This will also be where OSU leaps Oregon and a two-loss Alabama team still gets in.
    Wake Forest is the only ranked ACC team remaining.. Had trouble with cupcakes too. Big 12 teams lost to B1G (Iowa) and SEC (Arkansas) this season. Sketchy wins won't cut it for Oklahoma getting in. Complete domination on both sides of the ball last two games AND still undefeated is the only way Oklahoma gets in over a two loss Alabama. Wake and Cinci won't get any love at this point no matter what unless everyone else totally shits the bed..

I'm good with these scenarios. I don't want to go the playoffs unless we're playing top level football. Not there yet,.. Possible but not likely this late..

I'm really happy to see Oregon in the top four CFP.

That said, if we play anyone not named MSU, we get murdered. And I'm not saying we necessarily beat MSU, but it would likely be a decent game. But let's not kid ourselves...Bama and especially Georgia are miles above the rest of D1 football.

For the record, I'd say the same about any of the other top 10 teams.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

2021 College Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    At least the committee has more sense than the coaches and journalists. Ducks beat buckeyes on the road ,are 2-0 vs 1-1 against teams in the cfp top 25, 3-0 vs 3-1 against teams with winning records, and have a harder strength of schedule #22 vs #74. Fuck style points. If Alabama or Ohio st we’re pulling out games while decimated by injuries, and their only loss happened under horrible last second officiating when the OC was rushed to the ER shortly before game, the ESPN bobble heads would be talking about how gutsy and tough they are. Ducks had the guts to go away to Ohio st and bring in Fresno (never an easy opponent and especially this year). Meanwhile both Georgia and Texas A&M have canceled home and away series with Oregon in the last decade. Glad head to head match ups still mean something.
    I wish all big 5 conferences would forgo preseason bs games, schedule 2 out of conference big 5 opponents and the have the whole conference each play each other for a true conference champion. Big 5 champs + 3 for the playoff.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I hope to god the Ducks do make it into the College football playoff - you Fing lost to Stanford who is 3-5 and whose losses came to shit ass teams…. Your strength of schedule to date sucks ass and other than OSU who do you play…? Your remaining schedule is a walk in the park and would love to see you guys play teams like Alabama or GA…. Can only imagine
    the excuses you guys come up with if you do make it to the big show and get your asses kicked…. And you certainly did not dominate or overwhelm other opponents on your schedule - Fresno St - Cal…. Fresno St really…? When I think of a strong football powerhouse Fresno no doubt is top of mind - you have to be kidding…

And I love the comments about the money the SEC and Big 10 throw around…. The Nike billionaire has thrown more money into Oregon sports programs than anyone with truly no results…. Go Ducks as I really want to see you guys go head to head on the big stage…. I sure as shit know what happened the last time you made it there…. Regardless you guys will find something to bitch about or lame blame somewhere else for a program that can never get the job done…. Because as you have said only the Ducks have to deal with injuries and bad officiating….

Last edited by Undertow; 11-02-2021 at 09:07 PM.

Wow, the Committee wasted no time in relegating the Bearcats did they? Have fun climbing that mountain against strength of schedule arguments and 2 loss power 5 runners up.

This is the same team that Georgia needed a last second 50-yard field goal to beat in the Peach Bowl in January FFS.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Wow, the Committee wasted no time in relegating the Bearcats did they? Have fun climbing that mountain against strength of schedule arguments and 2 loss power 5 runners up.

This is the same team that Georgia needed a last second 50-yard field goal to beat in the Peach Bowl in January FFS.
    Yeah really set up for them to just miss it. Hope they get in. That’s the only way to know.

I hope to god the Ducks do make it into the College football playoff - you Fing lost to Stanford who is 3-5 and whose losses came to shit ass teams…. Your strength of schedule to date sucks ass and other than OSU who do you play…? Your remaining schedule is a walk in the park and would love to see you guys play teams like Alabama or GA…. Can only imagine
    the excuses you guys come up with if you do make it to the big show and get your asses kicked…. And you certainly did not dominate or overwhelm other opponents on your schedule - Fresno St - Cal…. Fresno St really…? When I think of a strong football powerhouse Fresno no doubt is top of mind - you have to be kidding…

And I love the comments about the money the SEC and Big 10 throw around…. The Nike billionaire has thrown more money into Oregon sports programs than anyone with truly no results…. Go Ducks as I really want to see you guys go head to head on the big stage…. I sure as shit know what happened the last time you made it there…. Regardless you guys will find something to bitch about or lame blame somewhere else for a program that can never get the job done…. Because as you have said only the Ducks have to deal with injuries and bad officiating….

Dude, mellow out. The Buckeyes are good. Just not great. And they've proven to be just bad enough to lose at home to the aforementioned Ducks who lost to Stanford, struggled against Fresno St., etc. See what you did there?

All you have to do is win out and hope the Ducks or MSU drops one in the meantime. Not that implausible.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Dude, mellow out. The Buckeyes are good. Just not great. And they've proven to be just bad enough to lose at home to the aforementioned Ducks who lost to Stanford, struggled against Fresno St., etc. See what you did there?

All you have to do is win out and hope the Ducks or MSU drops one in the meantime. Not that implausible.
    Reverend, no doubt my post probably did come across hostile but I am not…. The Duck hype on the board is a bit much especially with the rankings…. And I agree the Ducks should be ranked ahead of us with our head to head loss but how is Cinci who is undefeated and beat ND ranked in the playoff rankings below the Ducks…. You guys want to point out your win against us but make excuses for a loss to a really shitty team…

And the Bucks play MSU in two weeks and than Michigan both teams ranked in the top 10 so yes we do have a path…. But like I said several games ago we truly could have 2 or 3 losses this year…. This is the youngest team we have had in 27 yrs and at the beginning of the season I was just hoping for a Rosebowl invite…. If we had to play GA right now I feel it would be ugly…. Shit I am more worried right now about playing Michigan in the Big House…

No idea why people watch this ranking show and why they care in esrly Nov. It doesn’t matter at all! Bama still has to play a really good Auburn team on the road and even under Saban they’ve struggled at Auburn. Then they’d have to play #1 UGA. Lose either and they aren’t going to the playoff. Ohio St still has tough games. Spartynstill has tough games. OKlahoma and Oregon can still lose. LOTS of football left to play. It’ll work itself out.....

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Reverend, no doubt my post probably did come across hostile but I am not…. The Duck hype on the board is a bit much especially with the rankings…. And I agree the Ducks should be ranked ahead of us with our head to head loss but how is Cinci who is undefeated and beat ND ranked in the playoff rankings below the Ducks…. You guys want to point out your win against us but make excuses for a loss to a really shitty team…

And the Bucks play MSU in two weeks and than Michigan both teams ranked in the top 10 so yes we do have a path…. But like I said several games ago we truly could have 2 or 3 losses this year…. This is the youngest team we have had in 27 yrs and at the beginning of the season I was just hoping for a Rosebowl invite…. If we had to play GA right now I feel it would be ugly…. Shit I am more worried right now about playing Michigan in the Big House…

Decent rants...I enjoyed.

Cincinnati is getting hosed...but they don't play anyone. Did you take be a look at their schedule? A close win against a pretty average ND team...that is it for big wins and will be it because they have a dig shit schedule. Not their fault...it sucks.

Wake should get more props IMO.

The ducks are flawed..the Rev summarized this nicely. It usually works itself out...a loss to Utah perhaps, just as an example
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Sorry Cinci fans but Wake Forest has the same argument... and Oklahoma is 9-0 already. Cinci has no top 20 opponents remaining. OU has two, and will play one of them twice before the end. There is definitely a path for Oklahoma if they win out in convincing fashion. IF... But, they haven't shown any consistency so for now the #8 ranking is deserved.

The Ohio State win is the best win of any top ten team. If they say they want to value out of signature out of conference wins, you need to show it when one happens. Bama lost to A&M, who almost lost to Colorado… it’s college football, unless you build a death star like UGA you are going to generally have a point where the 18-21 year olds don’t pull it together. Oregon lost to ‘ferd on the road without their offense I’ve coordinator and a bunch of injuries.

Fresno State would be the best team in the Big Ten West this season. Don’t knock them.

Yeah the committee wasted no time in showing there really is no path for a G5 team to get in. They also fucked UTSA to put a bunch of absolutely mediocre P5 teams in so they can justify the eventual Alabama/Ohio State in over cinci.

This is a good op-Ed from the inside the evil empire:: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ply-unbearable