Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Read through and was having fun…. And in all honesty would rather live in OH than Utah…. Been to Utah a ton and not sure how anyone makes a living there…. Is a fortune 100 company even headquartered in UT…? This should be good…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    There’s 5 Fortune 500 companies in Utah and 10 in Ohio. But...Ohio has 4x the population of Utah. So Utah actually has more fortune 500 companies per capita, which is a more accurate indicator. Also, just by the eye test Ohio is mostly a shithole. Its a state where Urban Meyer opens bars and people line up around the block because there is nothing else to do. Ohio is like 5 ogdens (or negative 5 ogdens?). What’s really crazy to think about is the amount of booster money spent on the buckeyes and they just barely beat a team with not nearly the booster support/recruiting edge and who had to finish out with the game their third string qb.

Hey, Chapelle chooses to live in Ohio and he could live wherever he wants, there must be some nice parts. There's even nice parts of New Jersey, so there must be some in Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by ts334 View Post
    There’s 5 Fortune 500 companies in Utah and 10 in Ohio. But...Ohio has 4x the population of Utah. So Utah actually has more fortune 500 companies per capita, which is a more accurate indicator.
    I'm seeing 25 in Ohio and none in Utah, not sure what you're looking at, but: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...nies-by-state/

Oh boy, this is the Utah v. Ohio as a place to live talk now????

hahahha.

Look folks, Columbus is a good city for a lot of people who are not skiers or big time outdoors people. Which obviously, that doesn't fit the profile of TGR. C'mon losers. What are you even arguing about here?

Of course Utah blows the fuck away Ohio in just about all aspects (except for that whole Mormon culture shit).

-Signed someone who has lived in Ohio AND Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post

Of course Utah blows the fuck away Ohio in just about all aspects (except for that whole Mormon culture shit).
    That whole Mormon culture shit DICKtates every iota of what's legal or illegal in Utard. But. Ohio's 'Murikan evangelicals aren't all that different.. just slightly more tolerant of letting folks get drunk at bars.

But for scenery and outdoorsy type stuff Utah all day and all night.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I think someone living in Ohio has to identify with something to feel a little bit of bliss. Constant "we" reference of a college team is fucking comical. What number and position did(do) you play ?
    I'm pretty sure actual players find this practice both comical and offensive.
    Most people in the west just don't care that much about ANY sports teams since they're too busy participating in the activity of their choice. We might have tent cities in Oregon but have the option of ocean, mountain, desert activities with an hour or two regardless of where one lives. It's one thing to be a proud resident of your home state but REALLY ?
    This isn't a site for bowlers and shitty beer drinkers , it's a skier's site and you want to flex about OHIO ?
    I guess a win by your alma mater's football team counts as a win in your life but for most skier's it just isn't that big of a deal. I'm pretty sure most would take a decent pow day over a Rose bowl victory.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    I think someone living in Ohio has to identify with something to feel a little bit of bliss. Constant "we" reference of a college team is fucking comical. What number and position did(do) you play ?
    Most people in the west just don't care that much about ANY sports teams since they're too busy participating in the activity of their choice. We might have tent cities in Oregon but have the option of ocean, mountain, desert activities with an hour or two regardless of where one lives. It's one thing to be a proud resident of your home state but REALLY ?
    This isn't a site for bowlers and shitty beer drinkers , it's a skier's site and you want to flex about OHIO ?
    I guess a win by your alma mater's football team counts as a win in your life but for most skier's it just isn't that big of a deal. I'm pretty sure most would take a decent pow day over a Rose bowl victory.
    Wow dude. Chill.

In case you missed it, this is the Padded Room and this is a College Football thread. People have interests and hobbies outside of skiing. WTF is your deal mate?

2021 College Football Thread

So what most of you are saying is you don’t like OH…? But we did beat UT - OH baby…

It sucks living in OH but a great job tells me I have to stay…

So what most of you are saying is you don’t like OH…? But we did beat UT - OH baby…

It sucks living in OH but a great job tells me I have to stay…

Thanks HB…! Fastnslow obviously you have some daddy Mormon issues - don’t hate a good college education….

JC, what happened to TGR…?

Outsider who never lived in Ohio or Utah.. out of my lane.. Still arguing that it takes more of a "skier" to have a really good time skiing in Ohio than it does to have a really good time skiing in Utah. If you don't love skiing enough to lap a little 300 foot hill for 8 hours and turn your nose up at anything below the tree line you're just a bragger and not a skier.. I'll ski anything from the little hill down the street on a rare snow day to the gnarliest stuff in bounds anywhere. It's all good. If you're dissing someone else's yard you're likely compensating for some other personal insecurity..

Let me tie this back to college football. Marshall Tucker's the biggest fan here. Folks (present company included) give him shit because his alma mater team hasn't had a good offering in awhile. He's still all in on them and his conference. That's what it's all about. Not being a fair weather or gnar terrain only skier or a fair weather fan. Run what ya brung and be happy..

Bump, one more SEC vs Big 12 game to go.. natty is a wash of SEC.

CONFERENCE (BOWL TEAMS) RECORD WINNING PERCENTAGE
    AMERICAN (4) 3-1 .750
    ACC (6) 2-4 .333
    BIG 12 (7) 4-2 .666
    BIG TEN (10) 6-4 .600
    C-USA (8) 3-5 .375
    INDEPENDENTS (4) 2-2 .500
    MAC (8) 3-5 .375
    MOUNTAIN WEST (6) 5-1 .833
    PAC-12 (5) 0-5 .000
    SEC (12) 5-6 .454
    SUN BELT (4) 3-1 .750
    Of the Power 5 PAC12 finishes last then ACC

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Bump, one more SEC vs Big 12 game to go.. natty is a wash of SEC.

Of the Power 5 PAC12 finishes last then ACC
    Truly believe the NC Game will be one for the books…. By far the two best teams and like when ski season ends get so bummed when CF is over…

Truly believe the NC Game will be one for the books…. By far the two best teams and like when ski season ends get so bummed when CF is over…

I overestimated Iowa, but we should all agree it's
    Georgia/Bama (TBD)

Everybody else..

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Wow dude. Chill.

In case you missed it, this is the Padded Room and this is a College Football thread. People have interests and hobbies outside of skiing. WTF is your deal mate?
    Tongue firmly planted in cheek when I wrote this as you stated it's TGR Padded room ................ The "we" thing just cracks me up.
    Last edited by fatnslow; 01-03-2022 at 01:57 PM.

Was off the grid .....what did I miss

Bama did what they were suppose to do with Cincy and that was take advantage of the mismatch on either lines of scrimmage and run the ball. Those Cincy corners are both excellent. UGA was a terrible matchup for UM. UGA probably kills BAMA this time. This BAMA team has overachieved so I’m stoked they even have a shot. 9 title games in 15 years is something we may never see again. Roll Tide.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

^ once again right on time ;-)

no matter SEC will win.
    "Can't you see..."

He's right. There, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Outsider who never lived in Ohio or Utah.. out of my lane.. .
    Glad to see that still hasnt stopped you from spouting off.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    He's right. There, WE said it.
    FIFY?????

This is possibly signature worthy.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    This is possibly signature worthy.
    Than why do so many big mountain bro brah skiers worry about what a douche bag who graduated from The Ohio State University has to say…? Did not mean to upset all you POW loving Mormons…!

Before he retires Saben should quit Bama return home and see if he can take Marshal or WVU to a National Championship in 3-4 years. That would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Before he retires Saben should quit Bama return home and see if he can take Marshal or WVU to a National Championship in 3-4 years. That would be fun.
    Too easy. Maybe something like university of Idaho
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Glad to see that still hasnt stopped you from spouting off.
    Now that's funneh.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Too easy. Maybe something like university of Idaho
    Maybe have a quick zoom meeting with Dennis Ericson before that decision is made............