Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

2021 College Football Thread

I feel that it’s Moorhead more than Cristobal. He out thinks himself with play calling. The ridiculous amount of false starts the Ducks have had this year I blame on Cristobal. I honestly want Moorhead to get an HC job. And although Helfrich wasn’t a good HC, he’s a great OC. I’d love to see his offensive vision with Cristobal’s recruiting. And bring back Bellotti as a hype man just to bust up lockers with sledge hammers! Go Ducks! Like I said a year with wins over the fuskies and swamp rats is a good year!

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I feel that it’s Moorhead more than Cristobal. He out thinks himself with play calling. The ridiculous amount of false starts the Ducks have had this year I blame on Cristobal. I honestly want Moorhead to get an HC job. And although Helfrich wasn’t a good HC, he’s a great OC. I’d love to see his offensive vision with Cristobal’s recruiting. And bring back Bellotti as a hype man just to bust up lockers with sledge hammers! Go Ducks! Like I said a year with wins over the fuskies and swamp rats is a good year!
    Dude, I'm with you. If you told me at the beginning of the year we'd be 10-2, beat TOSU, huskies and beavers I'd be stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Mario likes to take the second half off.
    Mario is a world class recruiter but just average/below average game coach.
    He doesn't take the second half off, he gets out coaches when the other team adjusts at half time. Routine mistakes are too many to reach the top right now. It doesn't help that Anthony Brown has a low ceiling with no touch. I think they were smart running him today to help open up the secondary. Let's see how they rebound for round 2 against Utah.

Been busy hiring a new head coach. Anything interesting happen today…?

Fun BYU USC game to cap a great weekend of football. Was a nailbiter, but the Cougs pulled it out with a great stop at the end.

Whelp, Big 12 decided that it's not a good look for the team leaving your conference to also win your championship trophy..

Nothing to see here.. Definitely NOT pass interference to give OU the ball on the 2.... Same play, same no call TWICE. At least they were consistent.. But, when your down season is 10-2 and one of those losses happened like that nothing to hang OUr heads about. I guess it's Cheesy Bowl or something like that hahahaha!

Name:  Game Changing No Call.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  53.3 KB

I didn't whine about the refs when congratulating my Oklahoma State friends. Just told them to beat Baylor and bring it home. It's their turn with us out of it..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

By the end of the week I expect Lincoln Riley to be the best paid coach in football, at OU. Wouldn’t be surprised to see $13m

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    By the end of the week I expect Lincoln Riley to be the best paid coach in football, at OU. Wouldn’t be surprised to see $13m
    They're getting my money to help make that happen.. and get my son a degree from there..
    Name:  make-it-rain-lil-wayne.gif
Views: 282
Size:  307.6 KB

Also, full disclosure... If that shit had happened to any one of your teams, ANY of them I'd be laughing my ass off about it. At least you folks got a good laugh. I definitely would be crying if it was your team and cost you your conference title shot, all of you hahahaha! I guess I gotta pull for the dark horses of Cinci and Notre Dame if Ok State doesn't make it. If they do I'll swallow a little vomit and pull for the conference we competed in this season.

I’m a lifelong ND fan ( fuck Michigan, BMills ), but if OKST wins the conference championship, they should be in, period. ND had a chance to control their destiny against Cincy and shit the bed….That being said, if you’d told me we’d finish 11-1 and a NY Six Bowl, ida taken that all day long…..
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

The order of things.

I am a Buckeye fan, born and raised (Dad has been a season ticket holder for 50+ years)
    I root for them first.
    I root for Michigan State second as its my alma mater
    I always root against Notre Dame
    As for Michigan.......I root against them until I have to root for them.

Starting now I am a Michigan fan and they got 3 to go. GO BLUE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    AP is reporting he just informed his staff he’s taking the USC job. Wow.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    AP is reporting he just informed his staff he’s taking the USC job. Wow.
    Might be a good decision…he can win more in the PAC12 at USC…..then taking OU into the SEC and fighting those battles every Saturday.

Yep, bummer but he had seemed "off" the past month

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ch-sources-say

So what do the other PAC12 fans think about LR at SC? Looks like there are several 4 and 5 star recruits who WERE coming to Oklahoma in the next 2 years. Rattler's from AZ. I bet a bunch of players transfer to USC with Riley. I give him 3 years to win the PAC 12 and dominate for a decade.. perhaps a natty or two over that time..

I can’t see Rattler staying at OU, but I can’t see him following the coach who benched him, either.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I can’t see Rattler staying at OU, but I can’t see him following the coach who benched him, either.
    Unless it was the AD or some powerful alumni who pressured Riley to make the change... and then Riley says fuck this shit, I'm going elsewhere..

It's really amazing how little many of you understand college football or how american universities operate. But all y'alls sure do enjoy posting here.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Might be a good decision…he can win more in the PAC12 at USC…..then taking OU into the SEC and fighting those battles every Saturday.
    second, the days of ou having a nice easy road to the playoff are ending. the pac or acc is the place to be to roll thru our conference and end up in the playoff. if texas doesnt get its act together, they'll br chaning coaches every 2 years with all the 4 win seasons they got coming.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Cutcliff just left DOOK.. Please GOD NO hahahaha.. OU's going after Kingsbery..

And Bob Stoops is coaching OK in the bowl game?!?!? WTF.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    second, the days of ou having a nice easy road to the playoff are ending. the pac or acc is the place to be to roll thru our conference and end up in the playoff. if texas doesnt get its act together, they'll br chaning coaches every 2 years with all the 4 win seasons they got coming.
    Humm, looks like Oklahoma does just fine against that mighty SEC past and present..

Oklahoma vs. SEC
    CFP record: 0-3

Bowl games: 8-6-1

School, Record, Last Meeting

Alabama 3-2-1; L 45-35, at Miami, Dec. 29, 2018

Arkansas 10-4-1; W 10-3, at Dallas, Jan. 1, 2001

Auburn 2-0, W 35-19, at New Orleans, Jan. 2, 2016

Florida 2-1, W 55-20, at Arlington, Tex., Dec. 30, 2020

Georgia 0-1, L 54-48 2OT, at Pasadena, Calif., Jan. 1, 2017

Kentucky 2-1, W 29-8, at Lexington, Ky., Sept. 18, 1982

LSU 1-2, L 63-28, at Atlanta, Dec. 28, 2019

Ole Miss 0-1, L 27-25, at Shreveport, La., Dec. 31, 1999

Mississippi State have never played

Missouri 67-24-5, W 38-28, at Norman, Sept. 25, 2011

South Carolina have never played

Tennessee 3-1, W 31-24 2OT, at Knoxville, Sept. 12, 2015

Texas A&M 19-12, L 41-13, at Dallas, Jan. 4, 2012

Vanderbilt 2-0-1, W 25-23, at Norman, Sept. 10, 1977

Also

Texas 49-62-5, W 55-45 4 OT, at Dallas, Oct. 10, 2020

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/b...ood-except-cfp
    Also took Georgia to double overtime in the last meeting with them in the playoff..

They'll be fine..

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    good decision…he can win more in the PAC12
    Quoted for all the SEC haters out there.
    "Can't you see..."

Wow, AC and DC's also going to USC, so now all the recruits decommit. OU's just seen 10 years of work building OUr program completely GONE!

I'm laying the blame for this wreck on Joe Castlione the AD.. He had ONE job.. to make sure OUr staff was happy and in agreement with OUr future.. If Riley didn't want to go SEC Joe should have either not committed to that or already replaced Riley (had a replacement waiting in the wings)..

Now we gotta fix this shit LOL!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schooner Wreck.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	394492