Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the PAC12 counters the Big12's offer to BYU. Sooners played ghosts. Texas is back LOL..Preview of SEC beatdowns to come?
    Absolutely zero chance this happens. BYU isn’t an accredited research university. And they refuse to play any sports on Sunday. Calling it a university is almost comical. They have a archeological department looking for evidence of Jesus and the 12th tribe of Israel in the Americas.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Absolutely zero chance this happens. BYU isn’t an accredited research university. And they refuse to play any sports on Sunday. Calling it a university is almost comical. They have a archeological department looking for evidence of Jesus and the 12th tribe of Israel in the Americas.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Even as a BYU fan, I agree the Pac 12 will never invite them. At this point, BYU is a much better fit for the Big 12 as they already have a few religious schools in the conference. While I prefer Pac 12 geography as a PNW resident, Big 12 will be just fine, though I probably won't travel to as many games.

As for the reasons the Pac 12 won't make an invite, any claims on lower academics are a joke. While BYU isn't an accredited research university, many Power 5 schools aren't, including Oklahoma, who the Pac 12 were eager to invite a few years back. BYU ranks higher academically and athletically than close to half the Pac 12 schools. It is 100% the religion aspect, of which the no Sunday sports is a part. While I don't agree with that, I would just prefer they come out and say it versus trying to make up academic reasons that aren't supported by facts.

I do love that BYU is winning the Pac 12 South right now, with a chance to almost seal it if they beat ASU this week.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Even as a BYU fan, I agree the Pac 12 will never invite them. At this point, BYU is a much better fit for the Big 12 as they already have a few religious schools in the conference. While I prefer Pac 12 geography as a PNW resident, Big 12 will be just fine, though I probably won't travel to as many games.

As for the reasons the Pac 12 won't make an invite, any claims on lower academics are a joke. While BYU isn't an accredited research university, many Power 5 schools aren't, including Oklahoma, who the Pac 12 were eager to invite a few years back. BYU ranks higher academically and athletically than close to half the Pac 12 schools. It is 100% the religion aspect, of which the no Sunday sports is a part. While I don't agree with that, I would just prefer they come out and say it versus trying to make up academic reasons that aren't supported by facts.

I do love that BYU is winning the Pac 12 South right now, with a chance to almost seal it if they beat ASU this week.
    hold up, I think you are trying to argue that BYU athletics are on par with Oklahoma if I'm following your logic.

Or you're claiming that BYU academics + athletics is a better combo than 6 out of 12 schools in the Pac12. Just curious what schools those would be?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I'd say ASU is one of the 6. ASU always seemed to be just Newport Beach east. Whenever we did a road trip to Tempe we were just blown away by the quality and quantity of women. And that was coming from UCLA.

We did road trip out to Norman to see the UCLA vs OU game in 1986. We knew we were going to get killed so we got drunk and belligerent early. The OU fans couldn't have been nicer to us. Inviting us to their tailgates, after parties, they were the most gracious people.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I'd say ASU is one of the 6. ASU always seemed to be just Newport Beach east. Whenever we did a road trip to Tempe we were just blown away by the quality and quantity of women. And that was coming from UCLA.

We did road trip out to Norman to see the UCLA vs OU game in 1986. We knew we were going to get killed so we got drunk and belligerent early. The OU fans couldn't have been nicer to us. Inviting us to their tailgates, after parties, they were the most gracious people.
    Thanks. We actually do try to be good hosts at OUr place. Rival fans even give good feedback of positive experiences after visiting Norman. I must confess though... that we are quite horrible at other places... when winning. Last time there the OU band played Boomer Sooner for a full HOUR AFTER the Oklahoma State game was over IN STILLWATER. Their fans had to listen to OUr fight song on and on and on and on as they tried to get out of the place as fast as they could. Some came by to scream well deserved obscenities at the band. But, ya, usually pretty nice to people visiting.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I must confess though... that we are quite horrible at other places... when winning.
    I don't know, I quite enjoyed this:

I still call it The Jake.

That's old school. It's all about subtlety in the modern world.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ohio-State-Duck.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	326.6 KB 
ID:	385487

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I had no idea beating a so so Buckeye team was so BIG…. We will more than likely lose 2 to 3 games and think this is the year Blue beats us…. The Ducks played well but we couldn’t stop a Fing thing - no excuses at all but we are a super young team and will get it figured out…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Beating the suckeyes and the stripes is always big.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

i now consider myself a Georgia State fan.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    hold up, I think you are trying to argue that BYU athletics are on par with Oklahoma if I'm following your logic.

Or you're claiming that BYU academics + athletics is a better combo than 6 out of 12 schools in the Pac12. Just curious what schools those would be?
    No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the excuse used by Pac 12 to exclude BYU would also have also excluded Oklahoma ( being an accredited research university), so it's not the real reason.

According to USNews 2021 rankings, BYU is #79 overall for academics. That's higher than Oregon, Oregon State, ASU, Arizona, Utah, Colorado and WSU.

I think it would also be a stretch that BYU is not better than a decent number of Pac 12 schools athletically as well.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the excuse used by Pac 12 to exclude BYU would also have also excluded Oklahoma ( being an accredited research university), so it's not the real reason.
    Hahaha let's not get carried away ..

Ever heard of The National Weather Service? Guess where the nerve center of that is located?? Petroleum geology and engineering schools are pretty world famous as well.

https://www.ou.edu/nwc

Research institutes at OU
    https://www.ou.edu/coe/research/centers

Hahaha let's not get carried away ..

Ever heard of The National Weather Service? Guess where the nerve center of that is located?? Petroleum geology and engineering schools are pretty world famous as well.

https://www.ou.edu/nwc

Research institutes at OU
    https://www.ou.edu/coe/research/centers
    Not saying that they don't do awesome research. They are not members of the Association of American Universities, which is required to be an "accredited research university". Almost all Pac 12 schools are members and BYU's lack of membership was used as a primary reason for not inviting them in the past. It was also cited as a major reason for inviting Colorado along with Utah.

Not saying that they don't do awesome research. They are not members of the Association of American Universities, which is required to be an "accredited research university". Almost all Pac 12 schools are members and BYU's lack of membership was used as a primary reason for not inviting them in the past. It was also cited as a major reason for inviting Colorado along with Utah.
    Yeah, I guess it probably does have something to do with the rocks in the hat religion then.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Ahh I see. The main criteria they fall short on compared to the 64 US schools in it isn't academics, program criteria.. It's total research $s. Makes sense that the more urban and expensive cost of living area schools are there. Everything costs more there so their grants will be higher.

Out of fucks to give about that association.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Yeah, I guess it probably does have something to do with the rocks in the hat religion then.
    Yep, that's the main reason. They just don't want to come right out and say it.

Yep, that's the main reason. They just don't want to come right out and say it.
    well, yeah, as a practical matter for all the non-football sports no sports on Sunday is a pita.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    well, yeah, as a practical matter for all the non-football sports no sports on Sunday is a pita.
    No one is saying that the other schools can't play their games on Sundays, just not the BYU games. From what I've read, it's primarily baseball where it causes difficulty because of multiple games against each other over multiple days. They are addressing it with double headers. For the other sports, it's mostly a non-issue. I'm sure it is an inconvenience, but not of the magnitude to exclude a school that boosts both your academic and athletic standing.

No one is saying that the other schools can't play their games on Sundays, just not the BYU games. From what I've read, it's primarily baseball where it causes difficulty because of multiple games against each other over multiple days. They are addressing it with double headers. For the other sports, it's mostly a non-issue. I'm sure it is an inconvenience, but not of the magnitude to exclude a school that boosts both your academic and athletic standing.
    An inconvenience that costs you money and doesn’t boost shit

look at the sports cut at various pac12 schools last year and their travel costs. This shit matters.
    Last edited by dunfree ; 09-15-2021 at 06:51 PM.

2021 College Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
    Beating the suckeyes and the stripes is always big.
    Whatever floats your boat…. We will have a mediocre season but as we always do we will be right back in the mix as we always are…. The one thing the Duck fans need to remember is we had over 600 yds of offense with a young team and no way will you make it against GA, OK or Alabama with that stat…. If you do make it to the playoffs I will look forward to the outcome…

Not hating but just want to level set with a team that has not been a threat since the Bucks crushed Oregon in the National Championship…. Congrats on the big win but we will be back…

And Bmills I was at that game against Oklahoma and I thought their was going to be a riot…. Such a douche move but appreciated his passion…. But than I look at our 62 to 39 win over Michigan (and don’t forget 56 to 27 in 2019) and our record over the past 11 years and I feel better…. But you heard it here first I do believe you guys will beat us this year…

^^^
    “What have you done to beat Ohio State today?”

Duly noted.

Also, these last 10 years have been a joke from my side but do you want to talk about the John Cooper era?

Whatever floats your boat…. We will have a mediocre season but as we always do we will be right back in the mix as we always are…. The one thing the Duck fans need to remember is we had over 600 yds of offense with a young team and no way will you make it against GA, OK or Alabama with that stat…. If you do make it to the playoffs I will look forward to the outcome…

Not hating but just want to level set with a team that has not been a threat since the Bucks crushed Oregon in the National Championship…. Congrats on the big win but we will be back…

And Bmills I was at that game against Oklahoma and I thought their was going to be a riot…. Such a douche move but appreciated his passion…. But than I look at our 62 to 39 win over Michigan (and don’t forget 56 to 27 in 2019) and our record over the past 11 years and I feel better…. But you heard it here first I do believe you guys will beat us this year…

The Buckeyes will get better and you know some major changes are going to happen on the defense. Look for #44 J.T. Tuimoloau to start the next game. He's going to get exponentially better with each game. I bet he's Big Ten defensive player of the week here real soon.

Remember 2014...... lost to fucking Baker Mayfield at home and went on to win the Natty! Not saying same thing will happen, but Ohio State is not a shitty team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post

Remember 2014...... lost to fucking Baker Mayfield at home and went on to win the Natty! Not saying same thing will happen, but Ohio State is not a shitty team.
    Naw, Baker kicked your asses in 2017. 2014 you had a bunch of cupcakes and got lucky against Bama

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/footba...otball-season/

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    ^^^
    “What have you done to beat Ohio State today?”

Duly noted.

Also, these last 10 years have been a joke from my side but do you want to talk about the John Cooper era?
    Since Cooper we have had Tressel, Urban and now Day…. All winning records against you guys…. Do you really want to go down this path since Lloyd Carr was the last real coach you had…. What about Rodriguez and Hoke…? And do I even need to bring up boy booger eating wonder Harbaugh…? He used COVID last year as an excuse not to play us…. You really are going back to 2000 when Cooper retired to prove a point…. So 21 years ago…?

Naw, Baker kicked your asses in 2017. 2014 you had a bunch of cupcakes and got lucky against Bama

Wasn’t 14 the year they needed a last second TD to get past Cincinnati?

Since Cooper we have had Tressel, Urban and now Day…. All winning records against you guys…. Do you really want to go down this path since Lloyd Carr was the last real coach you had…. What about Rodriguez and Hoke…? And do I even need to bring up boy booger eating wonder Harbaugh…? He used COVID last year as an excuse not to play us…. You really are going back to 2000 when Cooper retired to prove a point…. So 21 years ago…?

No point, just recalling the last time things were good.

The shootout under Hoke was awesome though and I thought he earned a few more years than what he got.

And the best thing about that year we used 3 diff quarterbacks (Miller, Braxton and Jones) to do that…. And don’t forget the ass whooping we put on Oregon…. And remind me did Baker win a NC…? Or when was the last time Okie even won one…?