Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    In defense of the coaches who’ve left. Where would you rather live? SoCal or Oklahoma? I’m certainly worried that Miami fired their coach and comes after Cristobal. Who might leave for the same reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    In defense of the coaches who’ve left. Where would you rather live? SoCal or Oklahoma? I’m certainly worried that Miami fired their coach and comes after Cristobal. Who might leave for the same reasons.
    Not sure.. which has worse earthquakes? Mack Brown's at UNC because that's were Mrs Brown wanted to move. If Mama ain't happy, NOBODY's happy!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Annnnnnmd Rattler enters transfer portal…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Annnnnnmd Rattler enters transfer portal…….
    They're gonna need a bigger transfer portal to handle the volume..

USC salary(ies) for the whole crew + recruiting to SoCal+ NIL with SC alums= winning quickly

Brent Venerables just landed in Norman, OK for a presser. Won the natty at OU as CD in 2000 then left OU for Clemson when he wasn't happy sharing the DC position with Bob Stoop's brother Mike. Bob must have swallowed a lot of pride to beg Brent to come back for the head coach gig. Hope he brings some recruits with him. No doubt Grinch is taking all his to SC..

LSU going hard for Brian Kelly……
    https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/f...kelly-sec-news
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Brian Kelly is a really good coach and he won’t have the recruit restrictions he has at ND. That being said, seems like an odd culture fit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Brian Kelly is a really good coach and he won’t have the recruit restrictions he has at ND. That being said, seems like an odd culture fit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well thanks MS, for that, appreciate it. Spot on about the culture fit….Maybe he is a closet freak. We are fuct.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Not sure.. which has worse earthquakes? Mack Brown's at UNC because that's were Mrs Brown wanted to move. If Mama ain't happy, NOBODY's happy!
    Bwahahahaha! Good one!

Can’t wait to hear about Brian Kelly eating momma’s gumbo.

Today has been humerus enough to get over your AD being unable to convince someone to move out of Ames Iowa for $40m and a nice home on Lake Washington.

Almost 12 years to the day Brian Kelly did the exact same thing to Cincinnati “Oh no I’m not going anywhere“, and then a quick slap on the back to his team as he walks to the bank. I’m all for getting paid, But at least be honest about it.
    I still call it The Jake.

So is Riley gonna rename the family dogs Boomer and Sooner or are they going to a ranch upstate?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...llege-football

I knew about the abuse at OSU but wasn’t aware that it happened at Michigan and that Bo knew about it. Maybe rename it the the rape game?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Almost 12 years to the day Brian Kelly did the exact same thing to Cincinnati “Oh no I’m not going anywhere“, and then a quick slap on the back to his team as he walks to the bank. I’m all for getting paid, But at least be honest about it.
    This.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

On the side of ethics and honesty... I'm willing to wait until after the bowls for a formal announcement, even with the risk to recruiting. First loyalty is to the kids you committed to working with next week. through December... kids you'll be working with next year take second fiddle ethically.. Now it definitely hurts the program to have folks decommit not knowing who the coach is.

Just time to set an example that we can't be pissed about a HC bailing on us while working with someone else to bail early on their program in similar fashion. Real world though it probably will be announced before the bowl games whoever it is.. Just my thoughts on loyalty and obligations though..

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Kelly wasn't planning on showing up for the bowl game anyways. After 12 years, his players knew as much.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Urban Meyer to ND?

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Urban Meyer to ND?
    Too much of a sleaze-bag. I don't think his history of scandal will fly with the CSC priests or the alumni who care about academic respectability.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Urban Meyer to ND?
    Um no. The ONLY play is to promote Marcus Freeman to HC, like yesterday. And fuck BK. Reports are his meeting with the team lasted less than 2 minutes……Bobby Petrino 2.0, without the coed wrecked on a motorcycle …
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Too much of a sleaze-bag. I don't think his history of scandal will fly with the CSC priests or the alumni who care about academic respectability.

Remember when Brian Kelly got a kid killed? The 21 vacated wins?

Ed Orgeron could go to ND but they might need an interpreter Maybe Boomhauer as an assistant coach??

In more important college football news, UMHB (12-0) has cruised to the NCAA Div III quarter-finals, and will face Linfield In Crusader Stadium in Belton TX this Saturday at 12 noon. I plan to attend, provided I can get tickets, which go on sale tomorrow for the general public. Tickets are $10.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Remember when Brian Kelly got a kid killed? The 21 vacated wins?
    It's probably a different standard to can a guy who is already there and winning. In any case, though, I think Meyer is too much at this point in his career. They'll want someone younger with less baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Kelly wasn't planning on showing up for the bowl game anyways. After 12 years, his players knew as much.

Sure, we know now he had never planned on going. It was the way that he did it though, Cincinnati’s first undefeated season, one Nebraska sack by Suh away from the BCS, and he walks into that seniors banquet stands up on the podium and tells his team that he’s not going anywhere then walks out the front door tell the reporter the same thing and get immediately on a plane to Notre Dame. Go get paid man, just don’t pretend like it’s anything about the athletes.

Or the integrity he always preaches.
    I still call it The Jake.