Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    BRB… gotta hire a football coach.

Lake is another coach who wasn’t fired for on field performance but it helped. My guess is he goes through the Nick Saben School for wayward boys and is a successful G5 coach in 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Tom Herman was fired for being bad at Texas politics and not building a ‘Texas’ Kind’a Program.’ Aka he didn’t try and step on the voice’s of black student athletes. Texas will be forever not good until they get a Saben style HC who will tell the raciest boosters to shut the fuck up, donate quietly, and stop playing the Eyes of Texas. It’s obviously a little more than that but the AD didn’t fire Tom Herman and sure as shit didn’t hire Steve “still not playing with house money” Sark.
    Alabama struggled with this for many many years. It wasn’t until Saban arrived and had the success and power to say “stay the fuck out of the way.” It clearly was the turning point for that program.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

BRB… gotta hire a football coach.

Lake is another coach who wasn’t fired for on field performance but it helped. My guess is he goes through the Nick Saben School for wayward boys and is a successful G5 coach in 7 years.
    Nick has tried to lure Lake to Tuscaloosa twice. Maybe this time he ends up in Tuscaloosa.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

The probability to win with a punt was the same as going for it: 2%. A field goal attempt gave you a 1% chance to win the game. But still, Jimmy Lake has been on some seriously thin ice since loosing to Montana, so no one is giving him the benefit of the doubt. Honestly, from inside the program the biggest issue isn’t the lack of success it’s entire disconnect between the messaging and the results, on and off field. Lake was also not a unanimous choice. A significant amount of money was pretty ticked off with the Peterson out, Lake in back room deal.

Right now the program is trying to figure out if they can get out of paying him the buyout over striking a player. Regardless Jen Cohen is a great fundraiser and I doubt Jimmy Lake will be coaching the Huskies on Sep 1st 2022. If the Athletic department wasn’t worried about replacing a MBB coach this season too he would probably be gone by now. The reality is he hasn’t delivered on any of the promises he was making in the summer and fall of 2019. Regardless of the rain the stadium wasn’t full going up against a top ranked rivalry team, seats have been empty all season. Lots of long time season ticket holders have said they won’t be repurchasing. Recruiting is a dumpster fire. The only national attention has come from a) loosing to an FCS program, b) Lake’s inexplainable actions.

Yeah. No. It’s about $15 million to fire the entire staff this season. Jon Don is already gone so it’s closer to $13 now. The money will come.
    Sure. I get the probability thing, I guess, but these are not robots.

What does it say to your team when you punt in that situation? Zero faith. Playing not to lose by more points. Not a great statement if you already know you're going to lose.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Mack Brown seems to have gotten along with everyone at Texas for a year or two. I'm glad he's not still there. Imagine the potential with a better, more productive and positive culture AND all that money!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

2021 College Football Thread

Holy shiat - 10 yr $94M contract being finalized for Mel Tucker extension…:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

I see a lot of current contracts being renegotiated after this…

LSU's really thirsty for Lincoln RIley..

Lincoln Riley to LSU? For $12 Million a Year?

In respect to OU, Lincoln’s already told LSU no once, which I’m kinda surprised at.

Scott Woodward is going to get a lot of folks some serious raises this year before he is done.
    Last edited by XavierD; 11-18-2021 at 02:08 PM.

In respect to OU, Lincoln’s already told LSU no once, which I’m kinda surprised at.

Scott Woodward is going to get a lot of folks some serious raises this year before he is done.
    Ya I think Jerry Jones already offered Lincoln more money than God to go to Dallas. Riley has kids in school and wife is happy in Norman.. with plenty of money. Expect more flexibility after the nest empties..

LET'S GO BUCKS!!!
    Name:  FEpZqZPVIAoLtjX.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  82.9 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FEpMD8bVgAIwEkb.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	393358

Name:	FEpZqZQVUAU7mZn.jpg 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	393359

Oh god, I can’t bear to watch today. I’m sure you guys will let me know how it turns out.

It’s a good thing I have UMHB to root for!

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    LET'S GO BUCKS!!!
    Name:  FEpZqZPVIAoLtjX.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  82.9 KB

Name:	FEpMD8bVgAIwEkb.jpg 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	393358

Name:	FEpZqZQVUAU7mZn.jpg 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	393359

Name:	Image1637429449.355578.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	357.8 KB 
ID:	393368

I caught this on Game Day this AM - they changed the camera angle quickly…!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR ForumsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1754.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	311.3 KB 
ID:	393369

^^^Lol

Sparty not looking like they’re gonna put up much of a resistance

This MSU defense has to be absolutely exhausted and beyond frustrated…!

Stroud is on Fing fire…!

No Mercy! Daaaaaaaamn!

This Buckeye offense is playing like it's Madden '22 on rookie mode. Just throw the deep ball every other play and score TDs

Soooo Wakeforest got its ass handed to them today…! You have to love college football…!

Damn. Ohio state sure made a statement.

Wisconsin-Nebraska was pretty crazy, neither team could stop the other, Nebraska killed themselves on their last drive yo tie it.

I want to take this moment to remind everyone *cough*buckeye fans *cough* they wanted Stroud off the team at the start of the season and we’re worried their team was shit…

Going to play in the National Championship. Fans deserve to watch Ohio State’s offense against the UGA defense. Please! Michigan will be a game however.

Ducks look bad
    Except for the safety with the cast on his hand — he’s had a couple plays

OMG Ducks! Friggen Utah seems to do this with an annoying frequency.

This Utes game is bananas.

I want to take this moment to remind everyone *cough*buckeye fans *cough* they wanted Stroud off the team at the start of the season and we’re worried their team was shit…

Going to play in the National Championship. Fans deserve to watch Ohio State’s offense against the UGA defense. Please! Michigan will be a game however.
    Xavier - cough cough just worry about beating cough cough a Utes team that is ranked cough cough tonight…. Like I said before the Ducks are a sub par cough - cough team paid by a billionaire cough - cough that can never win…!

Cough - cough F you…!

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Xavier - cough cough just worry about beating cough cough a Utes team that is ranked cough cough tonight…. Like I said before the Ducks are a sub par cough - cough team paid by a billionaire cough - cough that can never win…!

Cough - cough F you…!

Like College Game Day said - cough - cough - the only reason the Ducks are ranked where they are at is vector beating OSU…. Guess what - win tonight…. We beat the 7th ranked team - 56 to 7…. You loses to Stanford and now losing to Utah - are you kidding me…!