Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Holy shit! SC's O-line isn't just talentless, but fucking stupid, too. Number 74 completely wiffs on his assignment, goes down, his quarterback is slammed, and then he gets up and looks downfield to see if his receiver made the catch.

I mean, we're talking sumjongguy-lever stupid here.
    I operate levers as well as anyone else here..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I think Thompson at this point but hard to say. AB has done pretty well this season. I don't know if it's the QB situation or if it's the coaching that's the issue...their offense seems pretty "meh".
    I'm ready for Ty. To AC's point, we have no deep threat with Brown. I feel like the play calling is bizarre as well. Dye had something like 16 yards and 4 touch downs at one point in the 4th.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I'm ready for Ty. To AC's point, we have no deep threat with Brown. I feel like the play calling is bizarre as well. Dye had something like 16 yards and 4 touch downs at one point in the 4th.
    Yeah, me too. I've come to terms with the idea that the only way a PAC12 team can make the playoffs is to go undefeated this season...so why are we sticking with AB at this point? Totally agree on no deep threat.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

If Ohio st and Oregon finish with the same record and Ohio St gets in over the Ducks. Then the whole system is just as much bullshit as the BCS. I’d personally prefer to eliminate some preseason games. And go back to the old bowl system with a best of 4 tournament after the traditional bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    If Ohio st and Oregon finish with the same record and Ohio St gets in over the Ducks. Then the whole system is just as much bullshit as the BCS. I’d personally prefer to eliminate some preseason games. And go back to the old bowl system with a best of 4 tournament after the traditional bowls.
    I'll take that. I don't like the current system. I think a 16 team playoff makes most sense. Regular season is still critically important, but you're not completely fucked if you're in a non Big 10 or SEC conference if you lose a game. Ducks deserved to lose against Stanford, so don't get me wrong when I say that they also got some terrible luck with officiating down the stretch. That said it should never have been close....the point is, a fluke loss to Stanford frequently tanks their season and the same is true for other teams...16 team playoff gives at least a chance to rebound. It'll never happen tho

2021 College Football Thread

I absolutely believe there should be a playoff - take the top 10 and let them have at it.. I understand the Oregon and Bucks argument at this point…. But on the flip side Alabama lost to Texas A&M that still is not in the top 10 and yet they are ranked ahead of the Bucks who did lose to a Ducks team that was and still is in the top 10…. Hell even though I don’t think Oklahoma is playing great ball they are undefeated and some polls have Alabama ranked above them with one loss…

I will say this the Bucks still have to play PSU, MSU, Michigan and if we win out will play Iowa more than likely all of which are in the top 10 and 25…. Not sure The Ducks really have anyone left to play that is in the top 25 let alone the top 10…

Either way a playoff is needed to stop all of the squabbling…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I absolutely believe there should be a playoff - take the top 10 and let them have at it.. I understand the Oregon and Bucks argument at this point…. But on the flip side Alabama lost to Texas A&M that still is not in the top 10 and yet they are ranked ahead of the Bucks who did lose to a Ducks team that was and still is in the top 10…. Hell even though I don’t think Oklahoma is playing great ball they are undefeated and some polls have Alabama ranked above them with one loss…

I will say this the Bucks still have to play PSU, MSU, Michigan and if we win out will play Iowa more than likely all of which are in the top 10 and 25…. Not sure The Ducks really have anyone left to play that is in the top 25 let alone the top 10…

Either way a playoff is needed to stop all of the squabbling…

Yes...that's what a playoff does, ends the squabbling. People say that the argument will just be that so and so should've been in the top ten, instead of the argument we have now "so and so should be top 4".

The argument for Ohio State is legit, and I get it. Same deal for your team, you lose to Oregon early in the year, improve over the year with a young set of players, yet are penalized pretty severely for an early season loss when at the end of the year you might have the best team. Point is, the current system doesn't necessarily result in the best team, just the team that through skill and luck was able to keep a perfect record, or a near perfect record in a more popular football conference.

2021 College Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Yes...that's what a playoff does, ends the squabbling. People say that the argument will just be that so and so should've been in the top ten, instead of the argument we have now "so and so should be top 4".

The argument for Ohio State is legit, and I get it. Same deal for your team, you lose to Oregon early in the year, improve over the year with a young set of players, yet are penalized pretty severely for an early season loss when at the end of the year you might have the best team. Point is, the current system doesn't necessarily result in the best team, just the team that through skill and luck was able to keep a perfect record, or a near perfect record in a more popular football conference.
    AA, you and I are totally on the same page…. We need a playoff system that includes more than 4 teams…. The Bucks have the youngest team in more than 27 years so I am beyond belief in how they are playing…. We still have a shit ton of games to play and a lot of ranked teams to go through and won’t be surprised if we lose one…. This is why I love college football…. Just a couple of weeks ago Alabama, GA and Iowa were untouchable…. Now Cinci is ranked #2…. Should the Ducks have lost to Stanford - no…. Do I believe OSU should have lost to the Ducks - No…. Should Alabama have lost to A&M - no…. But we did and a playoff would be such a better way to end the year and determine the best team…

To have a top ranked team drop out because of a bad game or injuries sucks…! We need a playoff…!

Here is to another great season and as always fun drama that no one was expecting…

Mike Leach is the Slingblade of College Football coaches when it comes to candy

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    AA, you and I are totally on the same page…. We need a playoff system that includes more than 4 teams…. The Bucks have the youngest team in more than 27 years so I am beyond belief in how they are playing…. We still have a shit ton of games to play and a lot of ranked teams to go through and won’t be surprised if we lose one…. This is why I love college football…. Just a couple of weeks ago Alabama, GA and Iowa were untouchable…. Now Cinci is ranked #2…. Should the Ducks have lost to Stanford - no…. Do I believe OSU should have lost to the Ducks - No…. Should Alabama have lost to A&M - no…. But we did and a playoff would be such a better way to end the year and determine the best team…

To have a top ranked team drop out because of a bad game or injuries sucks…! We need a playoff…!

Here is to another great season and as always fun drama that no one was expecting…

I too love college football, but the way we determine the champion makes me hate it.

A playoff will be easy peasy if the Big 12-2 collapses and those teams migrate to the remaining FOUR power conferences.. Take the top 2 from each conference.. like divisional champs (Conference champs and loser of the conference championship games) for an 8 team playoff. Need a wildcard somehow though for the Cinci or UCFs to sneak in when a power conference has a train wreck of a season.

I hate the four team playoff, but it’s not because it’s chosen the wrong champion since 2014. Plenty of ways ESPN and the CFP are taking away from college football but I’d say the top 4 system has done a good job of finding the actual best team.

At this point you can pretty much pencil in UGA, Ohio State in the final with OU and Pitt/Wake/Oregon as the fourth. Watch them keep Cinci out. So ignor the playoff unless you’re one of the 6 teams mentioned and focus on how fun Oregon State, UTEP, UTSA, Old Miss, and Coastal are right now. Watch Wake’s offense, it’s fun and explosive. Shit, the Big Sky conference is highly entertaining. SDSU isn’t entertaining but that punter is something. Out of 135 FBS teams something like 6 have an actual chance at a National Championship. Ignore the ESPN shtick, and enjoy the rest of the sport. Having Jimmy Lake and Jon Donavan kill the Huskies has me enjoying the rest of the sport so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I hate the four team playoff, but it’s not because it’s chosen the wrong champion since 2014. Plenty of ways ESPN and the CFP are taking away from college football but I’d say the top 4 system has done a good job of finding the actual best team.

At this point you can pretty much pencil in UGA, Ohio State in the final with OU and Pitt/Wake/Oregon as the fourth. Watch them keep Cinci out. So ignor the playoff unless you’re one of the 6 teams mentioned and focus on how fun Oregon State, UTEP, UTSA, Old Miss, and Coastal are right now. Watch Wake’s offense, it’s fun and explosive. Shit, the Big Sky conference is highly entertaining. SDSU isn’t entertaining but that punter is something. Out of 135 FBS teams something like 6 have an actual chance at a National Championship. Ignore the ESPN shtick, and enjoy the rest of the sport. Having Jimmy Lake and Jon Donavan kill the Huskies has me enjoying the rest of the sport so much more.
    2nd paragraph, right on...I'm in.

1at paragraph, disagree. I think it absolutely rewards skilled teams, but it also rewards luck...UGA seems like a good example ..year after year good teams, great talent...blow a game here or there and they're out.

Do we really think Oregon is the only good team in the pac12 that can hang with the big10 and SEC? The rankings and everything are geared to the east coast and Midwest. Expanded playoff at least gives the west coast a chance. Don't agree? When has the PAC12 had two teams in the playoff hunt? Pretty rare...

UGA got unlucky and somewhat out coached in 2018, aside from that they have just been Kirbie’d out of winning games.

Right now? Oregon is clearly the only team who could even hope to compete with UGA. The PAC sucks. Colorado and Zona are trying to make Kansas look good, UW, USC, Cal are all abysmal. WSU, Stanford, and Utah are all lost and lack identity. Oregon St, ASU and UCLA can’t get consistent.
    That said, I don’t think anyone in any conference is playing at the UGA level this season. Dan Mullen might scheme up a plan to keep a B grade FL team in it, but that won’t last. Moneywise no PAC team can compete with a SEC or a B1G team. Aside from Oregon, the assistant coaching salary pools in the PAC are a joke.

OU will have to play Oklahoma State twice if rest of Big12 play goes as expected. I wouldn't bet on OU winning BOTH those games. OU can't seem to play a complete game without shitting the bed for at least a quarter. If they split, Cinci gets in..

OU should be more worried about playing Baylor twice than Ok st.

OU should be more worried about playing Baylor twice than Ok st.
    Baylor already lost to Oklahoma State

I don’t think UGA has been Kirby’d into losses. Our losses have been to AL and LSU in their respective national championship seasons. The South Carolina loss was a fluke and good teaching opportunity. Florida last year was a bit of a throw away as our senior transfer starter, Jamie Neumann, walked out on the team weeks before first game. We were left with walk-ons and backup transfers and it didn’t work out.

Kirby has elevated our recruiting to the best in the country. I think the last 5 years our average recruiting ranking is 2.3, best in the country. That’s really starting to show this year.

I think Bama is the only team that can play with Georgia this year. We will win, but they have similar caliber athletes and the depth that matters, and a stout running back.
    I don’t see Oregon playing Georgia close in any regard. I’d love to see that matchup in a playoff but I don’t think we will.

Since the playoff was system was started I think 4 teams has worked out. There haven’t been competitive teams that would really have a shot outside of the top 4. Saying that as a UGA alum whose team has been number 5 looking in the last few seasons.

However Kirby hasn’t been great at managing QB position. Hopefully Todd Monken stays a while.

I think Kirby is just fine and would love to have that kind of success year in year out.

Signed, a Michigan fan. (Also, Browns, thanks for Chubb!)
    I still call it The Jake.

I was ecstatic when it was announced Kirby was coming over. Still am. Some of my friends gave me shit about getting rid of mark richt and how we wouldn’t do any better. Granted, they are Vols fans so had a bad time with new coaching hires. Vols have had it tough and that sucks. What also sucks is every year being ranked top 10 pre season, having tons of talent and never sealing the deal.

Mark richt post 2007 was perennial 10-2, 9-3 outback bowl, belk bowl, liberty bowl contender. Every damn year. Someone always found a way to beat us. Florida owned us.

Speaking of the Florida Gata it’s about that time of the year and I can’t wait for us to beat their face in. Mullen is a weasel and Kirby generally doesn’t run up the score excessively (look at Arky game, South Carolina) but I hope we hang a 50 burger on them Saturday

UGA got unlucky and somewhat out coached in 2018, aside from that they have just been Kirbie’d out of winning games.

Right now? Oregon is clearly the only team who could even hope to compete with UGA. The PAC sucks. Colorado and Zona are trying to make Kansas look good, UW, USC, Cal are all abysmal. WSU, Stanford, and Utah are all lost and lack identity. Oregon St, ASU and UCLA can’t get consistent.
    That said, I don’t think anyone in any conference is playing at the UGA level this season. Dan Mullen might scheme up a plan to keep a B grade FL team in it, but that won’t last. Moneywise no PAC team can compete with a SEC or a B1G team. Aside from Oregon, the assistant coaching salary pools in the PAC are a joke.
    Most of the SEC sucks too (TEN, SC, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Miss State, LSU, Ark), then you've got some average teams (Auburn and maybe FL but they're also on the sucky end). Do we think UK is for real? I think they'll end up with 3 losses. Ole Piss? I'd say they're good. then obviously Georgia and Bama. Point is, you're saying the PAC12 sucks because there's one good team (in your view)...whereas I'm saying its a perception thing. For some reason people think the only good football comes out of the SEC or Big Ten and it shows in rankings. Ohio State is ranked ahead of Oregon. They've played no one that's any good, just as an example. It's the same thing every season.

There are a bunch of shitty teams in the Big Ten too...Maryland, Rutgers, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Nebraska...shit, I'd argue Wisc. sucks this year too. Iowa and Minn are meh...We'll see if MSU and UM are for real. Again, it's a perception thing more than a reality thing. It's not going to change, but might as well point it out.

Stoked Weber beat Eastern Washington(and on the stupid red turf!), hopefully Montana State does the same next weekend. Would much rather see MT State as Big Sky champ than Sac State, looks like only chance Sac state should have at a loss would be UC Davis. Obviously, Great Divide Trophy needs to return to Missoula and hopefully Griz can win remaining games and make the playoffs.

Super excited to see what I think should be a great game between MSU and Big Blue…. Really looking forward to this game…! The key is for me not to be to blasted before the Bucks play especially since I am hosting…!

Rooting for the Spartans today. Go Green!!!!!