Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane 2021

There are YouTube videos from local stations that cover the damage and condition of different area’s. The month with no power story sounds pretty bad. Not sure what that would be like to live though
    Saw some clips were semi official people were saying to shelter outside the state
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

New Orleans and Lafayette lucked out. The strongest surge and wind hit the bayou and it observed the worst of it. But yes, this is a massive win for the infrastructure that was put in place in NO post Katrina. No power for a week or two is a phenomenal outcome when you just got hit with a CAT 4. My guess is total economic damage on par with Laura but spread out over a wider area and less extensive damage in populated areas. The government did its job, both long term by building infrastructure and short term in cat response.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    New Orleans and Lafayette lucked out. The strongest surge and wind hit the bayou and it observed the worst of it. But yes, this is a massive win for the infrastructure that was put in place in NO post Katrina. No power for a week or two is a phenomenal outcome when you just got hit with a CAT 4. My guess is total economic damage on par with Laura but spread out over a wider area and less extensive damage in populated areas. The government did its job, both long term by building infrastructure and short term in cat response.

Id agree, the changes made to the levees and whatnot likely saved from major Katrina like stuff. I suppose they will not reinforce the ones that failed, but all in all damned good stuff.

Still think its silly to be down there, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    The government did its job...in cat response.
    Cat response?

As to the power, massive fail by Emergent by all accounts, there should be limited power in the city right now from the new gas generation plant that was put in place for exactly this scenario and has failed to come on line so far. Not to mention all 8 transmission lines to the city being down. They can get a bit of a pass on that, but still, all 8?

CAT, sorry jargon for catastrophe.

10-4, thanks.

Rodger.
    I still call it The Jake.

Looks like Grand Isle is pretty fucked up. Guess when you live on a barrier island you gotta expect that will happen eventually, but it's going to be years before they can rebuild all that, if it's even worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Looks like Grand Isle is pretty fucked up. Guess when you live on a barrier island you gotta expect that will happen eventually, but it's going to be years before they can rebuild all that, if it's even worth it.
    That’s an area where all structures should have wheels. The ocean is taking it back regardless of this storm.

Lady interviewed on CNN sitting in front of her fully intact house saying Where's the FEMA trucks, why isn't anybody coming to help us?

My friend who lives on the Pontchartrain was fully prepared, has gas reserves and his generators cranking and has already cleaned all the mud and debris out of his place. Doesn't need any fucking FEMA truck.

Holy shit, there's a tornadoe ripping right through the middle of New Jersey. Rt. 1.

tornadoe?

Tomatoe.

Lotsa rain, wind is up and branches are down. How much longer will I have power... That tornado in NJ was nuts. I saw some video taken from a distance and you can see debris being thrown up from the ground, I hope it didn't rip through suburban neighborhoods.

Ten inches of rain in Edison, NJ in really short time. Coming our way.

Get the kayak ready Benny.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Starting to think about moving my car to higher ground.

Derecho Nuevo Jersey?
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 09-01-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Bring the kayak so you can float back to your house after moving that prized Forrester to safety.

Buddies place in NJ is flooded up to the windows on the first floor. He has a full basement…

Saw Central Park got 3.15” in a hour….

Hope our man Aldo is ok, Bloomfield getting some flooding.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Tornado warning here right now. But the circulation they're concerned about is already past here and heading off to the NE. Heading towards Falmouth on the Cape atm.

Got hammered here in Bucks County Pa. Had a tornado touch down 1.5 miles from house. Kids and wife in basement for while. Flooding is like nothing I have ever seen here and then there is the dumb asses who try and drive through flooded areas. Lots of damage and water rescues. My favorite BBQ place is under water almost literally. Hope all mags were safe that were in this beasts path.
    always forward but never straight

Footage on CNN is fucking crazy. We were just in NJ last week. Hope my in laws are okay. Vibes to all affected by this shitstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Hope our man Aldo is ok, Bloomfield getting some flooding.
    Yep.

Hope you got Upstates Aldo.