ISBD MEGA SALE (sort of... some free stuff too)

Link to photos of everything

Skis:

187 Praxis Protests with SSL 2.0's on adjustment plates. Mounted at -2 for a 302BSL. $325+ shipping
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201230_184651196.jpeg 
Views:	404 
Size:	299.4 KB 
ID:	383739

I bought these skis here for $75. Stripper top sheets and full of holes (drilled 4 times? I don't remember). In order to strengthen the ski I removed all the plastic plugs filling old toe piece holes and filled them with hardwood plugs and epoxy. I believe I left all the plastic plugs for the old heel holes in place because skis don't break there. The current mount doesn't overlap the with old holes, but is close to a couple old toe holes that are now filled with hardwood and epoxy (maybe 8mm?). I can't double check any of this because after I tidied up the top of the skis I sand them down spray painted them, creating the world's first Woody Guthrie Pro Model (although I have a custom pair of Protests arrive today with a similar graphic, so they aren't entirely unique anymore).

The bases and edges are a mess with plenty of big gouges. No core shots (if any were repaired by previous owner I can't say).

Also the rocker profile is slightly different (by a few mm) on the two skis, but you can't tell while skiing. If you think you could notice this slight difference, well... you shouldn't buy them because these skis don't belong with anal retentive turd like you.

Bindings are in tip top shape. Adjustment plates give you 20mm of adjustment. Vertical release is about 11. Horizontal is 6-12. I own two other pairs of these. Would keep them, but these skis probably don't need another remount.

I have Fischer branded Kohla skins for them, but will probably keep them for my new pair. I guess I'd include them for another $100.

181 Salomon QST 106 with Tectons and BD skins. Mounted on the line for a 302 BSL. Some tiny topsheet chips, but the bases and edges are in great shape. Less than ten days on skis and bindings. Comes with some BD mix skins that work but could use a reglue. Can include a tube of Gold Label. $560 + shipping. Would sell skis for $240+ shipping. Tectons for $340 + shipping SOLD

Petzl Leopard Crampons used for a couple seasons to walk on snow and ice. I don't need these and Irvis Hybrids. $75 shipped SOLD

BD Beta Light tent. Includes stakes, but no poles. These were designed to work with ski/trekking poles to save weight. Weighs 19 oz and is roomy for two people, especially on snow when you dig out underneath. $90 shipped SOLD

Thule rack for factory rails. Don't know that they're called. All one piece with adjustable width. One of the locks is broken. You could replace the lock or be satisfied that it's locked on the the other side. $30 and I'd rather not ship.

Thule Bars (48" I believe). They have some hardware (removable) for a direct roof mount, but I can't find all the pieces, but figured I mention it. $20 and I'd rather not ship

Free stuff:

Single B&D crampon (102mm, I believe)
    Seat post (details printed on post)
    12mm Thru Axle for use with Thule Bike trailer. Don't know thread pitch or anything else.

NOTE: I don't care about dibs. Will sell to whoever I damn well please (although I won't back out of an agreement). Preference to long time mags, people I know, and anyone who is local.

I won't sell bindings without skis at this time.

I'm located in Boulder County, CO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wgpm.jpeg 
Views:	328 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	383737  
    Last edited by I've seen black diamonds!; 09-13-2021 at 06:09 PM.

note on the protests - while each ski might have a slightly different profile, i'd describe them as 'dialed' and 'dialed-er'. glad isbd breathed some life back into them

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    note on the protests - while each ski might have a slightly different profile, i'd describe them as 'dialed' and 'dialed-er'. glad isbd breathed some life back into them
    Word. I've bought and skied more than a few cheap pairs of skis over the years and none kicked as much ass as these. I'd keep them as rock skis but I have a long relationship some well used UL GPO's I can't give up on just yet.

1.0 and 2.0 side by side:

Name:	WGPM1&2.jpeg 
Views:	315 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	383749

I imagine that the protests are stock layup? And was the -2 mount by design?

Mainly just curious since I can’t justify moar skis, but I’ve been wanting to try a 187 ul protest for powder touring for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    I imagine that the protests are stock layup? And was the -2 mount by design?

Mainly just curious since I can’t justify moar skis, but I’ve been wanting to try a 187 ul protest for powder touring for quite a while.
    Stock layup. And yes, -2 was by design. I think the consensus around here is -1.5 for Protests and I like trad mounts. I'll go -2 again.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Word. I've bought and skied more than a few cheap pairs of skis over the years and none kicked as much ass as these. I'd keep them as rock skis but I have a long relationship some well used UL GPO's I can't give up on just yet.

1.0 and 2.0 side by side:

Name:	WGPM1&2.jpeg 
Views:	315 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	383749
    Sweet!
    Looks like Gobi Maple.
    Especially like the sound wave tails (cool idea).

Bump...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thule rack for factory rails… what did you have them on. Have a GM SUV with factory rails and close enough to Boulder…. Would be very interested if it fit.

Quote Originally Posted by elchupanebre4 View Post
    Thule rack for factory rails… what did you have them on. Have a GM SUV with factory rails and close enough to Boulder…. Would be very interested if it fit.
    Sorry I missed this. I had it on an XC70. Should fit just about any factory rails.

Bump for price drop.

Bump. Prices dropped again.

Beta Light is spoken for.

Prices dropped again.

QSTs + Tectons sold.

Crampons are spoken for

Somebody wants some Protests...