Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Went to rockygrass this year with 2 unvaxd kids. It was hudge fun. Nobody got the 'vid. But that's only one little data point.
    We're planning on taking our girls (8 and 10) to one night of the JAS Labor Day festival next weekend. But that's in a county with a 70% vaccination rate among eligible people, and my kids have been going to summer camps and rodeos and free Thursday concerts this summer already with tourists and their kids from all the big low-vax states (TX and FL especially). So while the bigger event presents a greater risk of exposure I'm not sure their risk is that much greater than what we've already been dealing with here. But as usual, YMMV.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

The wife and I will be there and we have kids, two of which are not vaccinated. Yeah people can fake a vaccination card but I would bet most there are vaccinated and there is generally a steady breeze in the venue. We shoot for the terraces which gives you some relative space. Definitely not going down in front of the stage. I will have a filtered mask on probably half the time or more. Not to worried about catching it.

Follow your local public health guidelines?

Is that response acceptable in the Padded Room?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

My unvacinated elementary school teacher friend will be at the show. He's getting his negative test within 48 hours per the rules. He says he will reluctantly get vaccinated in a few weeks due to Washington's new mandate for school teachers and public employees. There is no testing out for the vaccine mandate. Otherwise he says he would test for as long as they require him to rather than get vaccinated. He is not right wing at all, more crazy hippy left wing. Oh, and he already got COVID a few months ago and was pretty sick. He gave it to his whole family, including his kids.

He pointed out that 25,000 fans went to Watershed Festival at the Gorge in late July, and only 230 cases of COVID are traced to that event. Case rate is higher today though.

https://www.seattletimes.com/enterta...more-than-200/

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I wonder who sucks more, Phish or Covid?
    No contest here. Definitely Phish.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    No contest here. Definitely Phish.
    I think this thrad should be more about weather phish sucks or not
    another vote for fish sucks

but my quesiton is are we going to hide under our blankets for the next decade or get on with our lives and enjoy what time we have here?
    the mental take down seems to be doing more damage than anything these days but we don't need to talk about that zoom meetings are safer than personal contact

Wonder what the aerosol cloud over an outdoor concert looks like. I bet there are aerosol currents that move around depending on the wind and crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I think this thrad should be more about weather phish sucks or not
    another vote for fish sucks
    Pretty sure it will be nice out at the concerts. Usually no rain, especially this time of the year.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Your unvaccinated kids are in school with hundreds of other unvaccinated kids every day, right?

Not saying the show is perfectly safe or anything, but it seems like some reasonable precautions could bring the risk on par with many other fairly ordinary situations.

Worried they are going be smarter than you and trying for a long-covid cure to that embarrassment?

4,700 People Positive For Covid-19 After Superspreader Music Festival

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victori...h=44dbec5834cc

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Your unvaccinated kids are in school with hundreds of other unvaccinated kids every day, right?

Not saying the show is perfectly safe or anything, but it seems like some reasonable precautions could bring the risk on par with many other fairly ordinary situations.
    This…do your kids hang out with other kids, go to school, play sports, belong to clubs, etc?

Do you go to restaurants, bars, grocery stores, gas stations, travel for work?

I get the anxiety, play it safe w/ a mask and stay in the back and hopefully you’ll be fine…I would think it wouldn’t be any more of a risk than any of the above.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Wow, you're dimmer than Donald Trump. GOP=anti-vax dipshits. Now even you might be able to figure it out...nah, probably not.

Move this thread! Wah.

Out of all the bitches that have come and gone on this board. You sir, hold the title for being here the longest.

Phish sucks

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Yeah, I am definitely leaning toward not going, even though the venue is requiring proof of vaccination for both camping and venue entry (which is obviously easy af to get around, if you are a triple-douche shitbag).
    The proof of vax seems to make a big difference. Lollapalooza had like 385,000 people, all with proof of vax, and so far they’ve traced like 200 infections back to there.
    I think they also required masking.
    https://abc7chicago.com/covid-lollap...ader/10946665/

Is going to a multi-day large event reckless when I have unvaccinated kids?

Root- I had plans to hit DeadCo in Denver in Oct. been stewing over this for weeks now. Same boat as you although I have one of two kids vaxxed.
    Made the call today to quit thinking about it and call it off.
    Reasoning is simple. As long as the delta surge is still rocking, I’m going to end up thinking about it a good part of the time at the shows. Just no way to know if I’d be bringing it back to my kid. Not sure that’s be fun for me.
    Just my .02. But…I don’t think it’s wrong.

The lines to get in and out of the venue were big without covid protocols when I was there in ‘19.

If you’re on the lawn getting in and out will be the hot zone

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    ]As long as the delta surge is still rocking, I’m going to end up thinking about it a good part of the time at the shows. Just no way to know if I’d be bringing it back to my kid. Not sure that’s be fun for me.
    Just my .02. But…I don’t think it’s wrong.
    this is essentially where i came from when i cancelled my plans for <gulp> 10 Phish shows this summer as well as a bunch of local shows. I've been seeing phish for nearly 30 years and i go to shows to unwind, be free and really get to THE MOMENT. it's been a wonderful liberating experience for me all this time.

well, the entire summer i've been fucking obsessing about being in crowds, catching and possibly spreading the coco and the delta and it's been driving me crazy. thinking of the reunions with friends, all the hugs, the partying, etc etc... and my anxiety was building.

ok so what next? reality hits and now i'm gonna go to the show and magically stop thinking about it? not a chance. the day i pulled the plug on my plans, i felt big relief and left all this bullshit behind. i'm just not that hard up to see a bunch of concerts and have reunions with long lost buds so as to stress out over it.

i don't hold it against anyone who feels free enough to get out there and rage like there's no covfefe. all good things in all good time...

I bailed. Fuck.

Next call is going to be Billy Strings on 9/19...but that is at a[n outdoor] venue ~15% the size of the Gorge and without the crazy crush of people in and out. Still, I guess we'll see.

Phish is worse