Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    HYPERthermia. the opposite of HYPOthermia.

wasnt it not really that hot (upper 90s in that area is fairly average for summer)? And how did all of them die at basically the exact same time in the same spot, only a mile or two from the trailhead? And weren't their water bottles not empty? And the dog died there too? did an alien heatray get them all?
    Doubling down on Jewish Space Lasers
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

^^ my bad on the typo. Knew what I was trying to say.

And yeah, dehydration mentioned in the story I read too. What gives??

Translation: "We're not sure but this is the hardest thing to disprove, so ....... "

Aliens, definitely aliens.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Another vote for space lasers.

Mysterious death of entire family while hiking

Guys! Clearly it was a Yeti. And the great state of California knows that but wants to protect it.

Edited: temps may have been over 100 and exposed. Ok I’ll buy hyperthermia. Hard to believe they were all together but people do crazy shit when their brains rebel from cold or heat.

Drone w untraceable poison gas?

103 day, 2 1/2 qt water bottle for all of them, including the dog. I assume they were on their way back to the trailhead after a long hike.
    I used to hike in temps like that in AZ--I would drink 4 qts by myself on a part-day hike. Anyone who doesn't think that heat stroke is a reasonable cause of death should probably only hike with guides and only in places with sidewalks.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    103 day, 2 1/2 qt water bottle for all of them, including the dog. I assume they were on their way back to the trailhead after a long hike.
    I used to hike in temps like that in AZ--I would drink 4 qts by myself on a part-day hike. Anyone who doesn't think that heat stroke is a reasonable cause of death should probably only hike with guides and only in places with sidewalks.
    I thought it was mentioned in this thread that it was hot down in the valley, but likely would have "only" been 80s to 90s up in the mountains/hills where they were found? EDIT: bottom Pg 3. Mag lives in the area pegs temps at upper 80s maybe low 90s for the area they where in. the river follows the trail the whole way. They were found with water still in the hydration pack.

But they still ALL managed to get heatstroke at the exact same time in the same spot in those conditions? Shit doesnt add up.

I thought it was mentioned in this thread that it was hot down in the valley, but likely would have "only" been 80s to 90s up in the mountains/hills where they were found? EDIT: bottom Pg 3. Mag lives in the area pegs temps at upper 80s maybe low 90s for the area they where in. the river follows the trail the whole way. They were found with water still in the hydration pack.

But they still ALL managed to get heatstroke at the exact same time in the same spot in those conditions? Shit doesnt add up.
    Ya, it wasn't 103 up there. I can't remember and am to busy to look it up again, but it wasn't that hot. Shit, even 103 ain't that hot. And they were on a river. If you're that over heated, take a dip.

I'm thinking this is more along the lines of what someone else said: He/she used something we can't really trace, so we're going with this.

Well, keep in mind that by "ALL" you really mean "BOTH". The child and dog weren't likely to survive well on their own in those conditions.

Mysterious death of entire family while hiking

What kind of dog was it? That’s some straight up Hachiko shit lieing down and dying w the humans instead of bee lining to the river for water slurps and fish chomps

This definitely goes in the we don’t know but you can’t disprove this file
    Last edited by mcski; 10-21-2021 at 07:11 PM.

Momentary thread drift - Anyone have the link for the story of that family who drove their minivan into Death Valley and disappeared - and then some amateur guys went down the rabbit hole to solve it

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    What kind of dog was it? That’s some straight up Hachiko shit lieing down and dying w the humans instead of bee lining for the river for water slurps and fish chomps

This definitely goes in the we don’t know but you can’t disprove this file
    Part Akita

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Well, keep in mind that by "ALL" you really mean "BOTH". The child and dog weren't likely to survive well on their own in those conditions.
    Not going to jump into any conspiracy theories, but heat stroke sucks and I’ve only experienced it on a golf course with my Dad and and other golfers who fed me ice water. Can only imagine that one started to fade, they sat and continued to sit. Wife made the last valiant effort to get help?

For those who don’t know, heat stroke is like altitude sickness and it hits you like a ton of bricks.

Fellow Mags who are Dads know that you never take off on an outing with kids without 5 pounds of snacks and even more water.

Poor decisions were likely made and the verdict may be questionable as hell, but when I’m walking in the Sierras with my wife along with our two and four year old, we’ll keep this in mind in overpacking.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Momentary thread drift - Anyone have the link for the story of that family who drove their minivan into Death Valley and disappeared - and then some amateur guys went down the rabbit hole to solve it
    https://www.otherhand.org/home-page/...alley-germans/

Addicting! All of it.

Anecdote: A friend of mine who also happens to be an ER doc in Flagstaff, once told me that electrolyte imbalances send way more Grand Canyon hikers/tourists to the ER than dehydration
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    perfect thanks! Need a couple beer and an hour of alone time to go through this again

Was it confirmed that was all they had? The initial articles I read suggested that they had a reasonable amount of water with them when they were found. How do multiple adults die and allow their baby to die without drinking the water you have? Or going to the (once suspect) river and drinking. Particularly the dog.

I live outside Las Vegas so have plenty of days in that range. It's really hot, but man, multiple people and a dog die just sitting there hot? That amazes me. And that is even if it was somehow much hotter on the trail there than lower.

I'm not usually conspiracy oriented, but I might be with PB on this one and suspect it could be process of elimination on the sheriff's part.

They apparently hiked some 6 of 8 mile round trip hike in 103 temps.

“ The family only had one water bottle, an 85-ounce container, with them, which was empty. When they were on the trail, temperatures reached up to 103 degrees Fahrenheit. “

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    They apparently hiked some 6 of 8 mile round trip hike in 103 temps.

“ The family only had one water bottle, an 85-ounce container, with them, which was empty. When they were on the trail, temperatures reached up to 103 degrees Fahrenheit. “

That makes a little bit more sense as compared to earlier articles I read suggesting they had unconsumed water with them.

But still I don't know, all of them dying right there? 103 is hot, but not that hot. When young I once went on a cluster duck of a hike when living in Mexico for a summer. Probably that hot or hotter, me and 3-4 teenagers decided to hike back from a dam rather than riding. Turns out they had no idea where we were and it was not one more ridgeline but three and took maybe 4 hours. I had a two liter bottle of water and that was it for the group. It was extremely unpleasant, but again, no one was close to death. It just amazes me that two healthy adults just died where they sat from heat stroke on a 100 degree day.

I was doing manual labor in the Caribbean once and got hit with I guess what was heat stroke. It hit me, got really dizzy car sick like feeling, luckily was able to hop in a truck and blast the AC and drink water and took about 30 minutes feel better. I’d imagine being caught in the open when it hits you would sit down and eventually probably lay down. Once you lay down it may be over.

Is this what they said was the cause or just a story of yours?
    I still call it The Jake.

Forgot about this and came back to some major BS. They still don't know how they died. Anyone read Jack London? Fucking dog, no matter how loyal, wouldn't lay there and die when water was near. And they still had water! Fuck'n hell!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

You guys are presuming they were all perfectly hydrated and pissing clear before the hike. Remember, those guys were Burners, mannnn....

As for the dog not going for water, I'm pretty sure my dog would never leave my side if i died. But I would never have brought her on any hike on a day more than 100 degrees because that would definitely kill her.

Yes, it still confusing and doesn't make sense at all that they died like that, but just because you don't understand heat stroke or get dehydrated really, really easily doesn't mean jewish death lasers killed them for finding out what shocking thing was in the nearby diamond mine.