Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Timeline isn't right for that (2-15 day incubation) and it would be extremely rare for all of them to get it. That said, if you should become infected with Nalgeria you should shoot yourself while you can because it's a horrific death and almost 100% fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    The one time we need PureGravity to “research” something and he’s nowhere to be found.
    Hmm, was there a high wind event at the time? Definitely either that or aliens.

CO2 sinks, like in Yellowstone?
    Plenty of H2S occurs in the wild. Abyssal black smoker biomes are dependent on H2S rather than O2. H2S is also slightly denser than air and can collect in low areas. It can kill ppl before they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Been following it closely. I fish the Merced. I've spent a lot of time in the area. We almost went up that canyon one day to fish the south fork, but the water was low.

So far they're thinking toxic algae bloom or mine gasses. I've heard the lightening theory too, but there were thunderstorms the day before, but they not that day.

It's just extremely odd. So odd that I'm leaning towards something more sinister.
    I have been planning to scout the trail through that canyon and a trail climbing out to the south as part of a bikepacking route. Might bump that one down the list at least til the autopsy/tox results are out!

Seems doubtful mine gasses or fumes could accumulate enough to be fatal. It is a canyon that isn't super wide, but is open air so presumably airflow down the canyon would blow toxins away or at least dilute to the point they wouldn't be fatal.

Perhaps it was direct contact with toxic algae if water flows in the river were low enough and there were stagnant pools.

The one time we need PureGravity to “research” something and he’s nowhere to be found.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clap.gif 
Views:	143 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	383261
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Dogs like water, and people swim with their babies. It would take very little exposure to cyanotoxins to kill a 1 y.o. Exposure can also occur through aerosols without any direct contact with contaminated water
    To me it seems like it would almost have to be the "no direct contact" route because who would take a swim in a pool filled with algae and who would drink it? And even if the parents drank it, would they also give it their baby? Would the water be safe if filtered? The story said they still had water with them, so that could be tested quite easily.

Lethal concentrations of methane, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulfide are common hazards in abandoned mines.
    Well aware the hazards, the thing is that they were not in a mine. "Open air" incidents would need an order of magnitude bigger venting? Not meaning a full blown Lake Nyos incident, but..

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

My money says there's no foul play here, like that woman who was missing in Zion for weeks and everyone was certain she faked the whole thing.
    Was there ever an update on what happened there?

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Well aware the hazards, the thing is that they were not in a mine. "Open air" incidents would need an order of magnitude bigger venting? Not meaning a full blown Lake Nyos incident, but..
    There are mine openings in the area. They could have gone into one, been exposed, left, and died later.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    The Washington County Sheriff’s office investigated the incident and did not find any evidence of fraud or other criminal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    She had the crazy eyes.
    I still call it The Jake.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamison_family_deaths

Lot of parallels to be drawn from this case. I would hedge a $37 bet on murder-suicide.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

There are mine openings in the area. They could have gone into one, been exposed, left, and died later.
    One does not "leave" when exposed to larger methane, carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide exposure. One drops, falls unconscious and dies.
    Not familiar with hydrogen sulfide, but apparently it causes "extremely rapid unconsciousness and death" as well.

Obviously larger releases (earthquakes etc) might expose people in the open air as well, but usually it requires terrain that allows it. Not familiar with the terrain in this particular incident.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post

Lot of parallels to be drawn from this case. I would hedge a $37 bet on murder-suicide.

What parallels?

They found these skeletons 4 years later in your link.

We’re talking fresh bodies here.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post

Report I read said there was not obvious trauma to the bodies unless you're thinking poison administered through food or water.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Their Shiba Inu did it. Too many memes to cope with, and it just decided to end them all.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Their Shiba Inu did it. Too many memes to cope with, and it just decided to end them all.
    I have one.

They could do it and they’d enjoy it.

Fuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    One does not "leave" when exposed to larger methane, carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide exposure. One drops, falls unconscious and dies. Not familiar with hydrogen sulfide, but apparently it causes "extremely rapid unconsciousness and death" as well.
    Not necessarily. Poisoning by all off them exists on a spectrum and is not a binary dead immediately/not dead situation, particularly for CO poisoning and/or in combination with heat stress. FWIW, I find the cyanotoxin hypothesis most probable.

Mysterious death of entire family while hiking

Im up to 95% on murder suicide after reading this info. No mines. Algae unlikely. Plus wife body aways away from the rest while husband w baby and dog In truck cab. https://apple.news/AFt8hJpgZQByJqIYcvW7mww

Tide Pod challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Im up to 95% on murder suicide after reading this info. No mines. Algae unlikely. Plus wife body aways away from the rest while husband w baby and dog In truck cab. https://apple.news/AFt8hJpgZQByJqIYcvW7mww
    I think you read that wrong:
    Nine hours later and 1.5 miles from the truck, in an area known as Devil’s Gulch, a search-and-rescue team found Gerrish, Chung, their daughter, Miju, and the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m going with Ivermectin and vitamin D toxicity

Please, it was the scurvy.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Mysterious death of entire family while hiking

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think you read that wrong:
    Poorly written but the main point was the same. Dad was w dog and kid, mom was aways away.

I forgot about the main point though, they were found in the

DEVIL’S GULCH!!!

So prob just Satan getting bored

Also, the dude worked for Snapchat. Maybe Lucifer didn’t want to wait

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    "Although temperatures reached as high as 109 degrees the day the family hiked, dehydration was deemed unlikely because there was still water in the family’s hydration pack, the Chronicle reported."

This is a weird statement. Not being out of water does not rule out heat stroke, not by a long shot. 109* F, wow, forget the algae and mines, these are probably heat stroke deaths.

Hell of a day to take your one year old hiking.

What parallels?

They found these skeletons 4 years later in your link.

We’re talking fresh bodies here.

family of three, young daughter, all dead with no cause of death able to be determined. yes, the Jamison's were found years later but i still find the cases to be similar.

i may have to login to reddit to see what theories are being thrown around.
    swing your fucking sword.