Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: covid liability

It's been so long since dam builders were first held responsible for flooding their neighbors that last year Adiron's legislators scrambled to change the law to protect exhalers from Dexter's wet dream. They felt pretty threatened.

Ain't no freedom without responsibility. Freedom makes responsibility and responsibility defines freedom's reach. Denial is chickenshit. You may not understand all your results and not all risks come to fruition. But choosing the action creates the results and sometimes you have to man up and accept your culpability. Civil courts change numbers in ledgers, they cannot absolve you.

Nothing political about it. Mark Twain had this easier. I blame nicotine and Don Draper. But mostly nicotine.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Mississippi threatens fines, jail time for Covid patients who don't isolate

Looks like this belongs here. The liberal haven of Mississippi no less.

But this thread still belongs in polyass.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    To focused on fleek to see the irony
    The single o on the “to” here was quite appropriate.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The single o on the “to” here was quite appropriate.
    the best part about our tech cunt overlords is how they think “grade school English teacher” is a skill set that’s respected. Don’t forget to lift the finger on the teacup too, dickwad.

Now run along and sniff some athlete jock

Shot in the arm or Bullet in the head.
    Thin the fakkin herd

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    EMTALA

Must treat everyone?
    Not anymore. Fuck that shit.

Hippocratic Oath? Fuck that shit.

All you supersized fat fucks can die

All you smokers and drinkers can die.

All you skiers can lie on the mountain with broken bones and no patrol and no Hospital care since you were being reckless.

Let’s just go full retard. Cull the herd.
    Hey CS, have you ever heard the term 'whataboutism'? If not, look it up because that it what you are engaged in.

You see, the problem with your example about fat fucks, smoker fucks and hurt skiers/MTBers is that it assumes a normal status of the healthcare system. That's not the case right now. Not sure if you are aware but there is a navy carrier hospital anchored near New Orleans because their hospital system is overwhelmed with your dumb fuck unvaxxed friends. That's the current situation. I happen to believe that those unvaxxed people should be back of the line for care.

I’m sure we will eventually see a civil suit related to someone knowingly going to a work or public setting with symptoms and someone getting sick and racking up serious bills. It seems like the key in all of the prior cases is malicious intent.

Companies are already shielded from civil liability for failing to protect their workers from COVID if I recall.

The simultaneous reaction of “restrictions are suppressing my freedom” and “I can’t be held responsible” are quite telling about the convictions of certain people

I have to agree that criminalizing it in some fashion seems like a horrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I think faux news should get busted the same way the tobacco companies did. Their product is killing their customers and the Murdoch's know it.
    Almost all unvaccinated people I know consider themselves more Liberal than Conservative. How do you explain that?
    I am not seeing any particular party or news watching patterns that point to Vax or non-Vax.
    I think a big part of the problem was the rhetoric during the election. Many libs don't seem to trust the Vax because it was created under Trump.

I have less and less empathy for non vaccinated adults every day. We just got our 14 year old her first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Almost all unvaccinated people I know consider themselves more Liberal than Conservative. How do you explain that?
    I am not seeing any particular party or news watching patterns that point to Vax or non-Vax.
    I think a big part of the problem was the rhetoric during the election. Many libs don't seem to trust the Vax because it was created under Trump.

I have less and less empathy for non vaccinated adults every day. We just got our 14 year old her first shot.
    I mean, either you don't hang out with the mouth-breathers much so you don't have a representative sample, you're an idiot, or both?

Look up the numbers.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

There is a lot to discuss in this article alone.
    1st hit on the Google:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-unvaccinated/

Love to have a real discussion about this, but when I share what I am experiencing, here in THE EPICENTER of Covid mayhem, you immediately go to name calling and insults. That is really tiring. I have no agenda. Why do you?

Uhh... well, you have a strange anecdotal observation that doesn't align with the overwhelming majority of this country. Sure, there's more to it than partisanship but the idea that it isn't a primary factor is laughable.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

There is a lot to discuss in this article alone.
    1st hit on the Google:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-unvaccinated/

Love to have a real discussion about this, but when I share what I am experiencing, here in THE EPICENTER of Covid mayhem, you immediately go to name calling and insults. That is really tiring. I have no agenda. Why do you?
    The article you linked to explains that right-wing partisanship explains an overwhelming amount of the anti-vaxxers?

The numbers are what they are, man. RTFA. Jesus fucking Christ.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

How long before another dexter thread goes polyass?

This one is doomed.

Can we get some thread drift about vax manufacturer immunity from lawsuits?
    Thanks Ronnie raygun zapppp
    . . .

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...don-t-n1277354

Mississippi's top health official Friday threatened jail time for people diagnosed with Covid-19 who don't isolate in their homes.

State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs issued an "isolation order" that states, "All persons residing in Mississippi must immediately home-isolate on first knowledge of infection with COVID-19."

Failure to do so could result in fines and jail time. Dobbs' order mentions two possible levels of violation. One, a refusal to obey a health officer, comes with a $500 fine and, possibly, six months behind bars.

But the order says that where a life-threatening disease is involved in a refusal to obey, violators could face a fine of up to $5,000 and possibly five years behind bars.

I fully expect a question regarding vax status in my insurance paperwork when I re-enroll next cycle…. Premiums will go up for the un-vaxed.

Like smoking or being obese… Not getting a vaccine is not a pre-existing condition.

$1500 / day ICU stay vs $40 poke in the arm.

Insurance companies like money…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...don-t-n1277354

Mississippi's top health official Friday threatened jail time for people diagnosed with Covid-19 who don't isolate in their homes.

State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs issued an "isolation order" that states, "All persons residing in Mississippi must immediately home-isolate on first knowledge of infection with COVID-19."

Failure to do so could result in fines and jail time. Dobbs' order mentions two possible levels of violation. One, a refusal to obey a health officer, comes with a $500 fine and, possibly, six months behind bars.

But the order says that where a life-threatening disease is involved in a refusal to obey, violators could face a fine of up to $5,000 and possibly five years behind bars.
    It seems more reasonable to just require everyone in Mississippi to stay in Mississippi. Indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I fully expect a question regarding vax status in my insurance paperwork when I re-enroll next cycle…. Premiums will go up for the un-vaxed.

Like smoking or being obese… Not getting a vaccine is not a pre-existing condition.
    I could see companies continuing to waive cost sharing for patients who have the vax but end waivers for those who don't.

Health plans are already ending cost sharing waivers and more expected to do so through the end of 2021.

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...tients-in-2021

And that assumes people have health insurance at all. What about the "I'm healthy, I don't need health insurance" people who choose to go without? I imagine there is significant overlap with conservative anti-vaxxers. That is some significant cost borne by the hospital or public.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    It seems more reasonable to just require everyone in Mississippi to stay in Mississippi. Indefinitely.
    Build that wall....around the entire south

Well, delta airlines is charging $200 a month for health insurance. Penalty for unvaxxed
    . . .

Personal responsibilities during a pandemic ≠ personal responsibilities NOT during a pandemic
    Your decision to get or not get vaccinated ≠ your decision to treat or not treat your cancer

@warthog - here's some data on unvaxxed via polling https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1277514

I'd also look up vaccination rates in different states and correlate to voting/demographics. Most of the unvaxxed are white Trump enthusiasts. There's definitely a drop between white and minority, but not as severe as that.

For those too lazy to click (btw can't find n or other details, but looks reasonably solid)
    All adults: 69 percent
    Men: 67 percent
    Women: 71 percent
    18-34: 63 percent
    35-49: 58 percent
    50-64: 71 percent
    65+: 86 percent
    Whites: 66 percent
    Blacks: 76 percent
    Latinos: 71 percent
    Urban residents: 79 percent
    Suburban residents: 67 percent
    Rural residents: 52 percent
    White evangelicals: 59 percent
    Democrats: 88 percent
    Independents: 60 percent
    Republicans: 55 percent
    Republicans who support Trump more than party: 46 percent
    Republicans who support party more than Trump: 62 percent
    Democratic Sanders-Warren voters: 88 percent
    Democratic Biden voters: 87 percent
    Biden voters in 2020 general election: 91 percent
    Trump voters in 2020 general election: 50 percent
    White non-college grads: 60 percent
    White college grads: 80 percent

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Take your authoritarian wet dreams to polyass.

This is a fucked up idea on so many levels, and I say this as a vaxxed person.
    This snowflake was steeped in the American legal system "sue everybody" mentality.

If that's the case, why haven't we done this same (dumb) shit with the flu? There is a yearly flu shot to take. The flu kills 30,000-60,000 Americans annually.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    @warthog - here's some data on unvaxxed via polling https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1277514

I'd also look up vaccination rates in different states and correlate to voting/demographics. Most of the unvaxxed are white Trump enthusiasts. There's definitely a drop between white and minority, but not as severe as that.

For those too lazy to click (btw can't find n or other details, but looks reasonably solid)
    All adults: 69 percent
    Men: 67 percent
    Women: 71 percent
    18-34: 63 percent
    35-49: 58 percent
    50-64: 71 percent
    65+: 86 percent
    Whites: 66 percent
    Blacks: 76 percent
    Latinos: 71 percent
    Urban residents: 79 percent
    Suburban residents: 67 percent
    Rural residents: 52 percent
    White evangelicals: 59 percent
    Democrats: 88 percent
    Independents: 60 percent
    Republicans: 55 percent
    Republicans who support Trump more than party: 46 percent
    Republicans who support party more than Trump: 62 percent
    Democratic Sanders-Warren voters: 88 percent
    Democratic Biden voters: 87 percent
    Biden voters in 2020 general election: 91 percent
    Trump voters in 2020 general election: 50 percent
    White non-college grads: 60 percent
    White college grads: 80 percent
    You are linking to a NBC POLL...which doesn't even come close to the CDC reported stats. Linking to those for the people that care to see official data rather than POLLING:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...min-rate-total

That's a bunch of bullshit. By your link in your subsequent post, ppl who identify as "Conservative" are 6x more likely to be unvaccinated.

I don't think you're clear on what you just read [and linked]. Happens. Nobody is born with an innate ability to interpret stats, esp when the statisticians take great pains to use language designed not to inflame passionate Tea Party knuckleheads.

My sister's daughter has zero plans to get her, her husband, or her 3 girls [oldest is 15 and the twins are 7] vaccinated. She trusts her Facebook circle/"news" feed more than medical science.
    Her husband is a mud engineer on a gas rig, they both voted for Trump, because they live in Mississippi and are white. Neither went to college.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    You are linking to a NBC POLL...which doesn't even come close to the CDC reported stats. Linking to those for the people that care to see official data rather than POLLING:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...min-rate-total
    Which I called out as polling. Also point out where the CDC data shows political affiliation and other items. It's a point of data, likely mostly accurate. NBC News/WSJ is a B+ pollster according to 538, so solid practices and methods that lead to good statistical reliability.
    Also, data wise - this shows adults at 69%, CDC data is at 73 one shot and 63 for both - as it splits the difference and people are generally unreliable - looks good directionally.
    Note also that this data could move either direction by 5 points (which is a huge fucking swing) and the story doesn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Which I called out as polling. Also point out where the CDC data shows political affiliation and other items. It's a point of data, likely mostly accurate. NBC News/WSJ is a B+ pollster according to 538, so solid practices and methods that lead to good statistical reliability.
    Also, data wise - this shows adults at 69%, CDC data is at 73 one shot and 63 for both - as it splits the difference and people are generally unreliable - looks good directionally.
    Note also that this data could move either direction by 5 points (which is a huge fucking swing) and the story doesn't change.
    Its up to the reader to decide for themselves how to interpret the data without due influence from me.

CDC collects gender and age and if provided by the person getting a vaccination, race. They do not ask stupid things like political affiliation, who the person voted for, what color pants they are wearing, where they prefer to vacation, nor any other moot items of personalization....the CDC is about data and science...not narratives, politics, etc. Any comments of my opinion on the CDCs agenda or NBCs, again...are moot. I just linked to the data which is actually collected and not polled.