Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 58

Thread: covid liability

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,570
    It's been so long since dam builders were first held responsible for flooding their neighbors that last year Adiron's legislators scrambled to change the law to protect exhalers from Dexter's wet dream. They felt pretty threatened.

    Ain't no freedom without responsibility. Freedom makes responsibility and responsibility defines freedom's reach. Denial is chickenshit. You may not understand all your results and not all risks come to fruition. But choosing the action creates the results and sometimes you have to man up and accept your culpability. Civil courts change numbers in ledgers, they cannot absolve you.

    Nothing political about it. Mark Twain had this easier. I blame nicotine and Don Draper. But mostly nicotine.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Posts
    2,012
    Mississippi threatens fines, jail time for Covid patients who don't isolate

    Looks like this belongs here. The liberal haven of Mississippi no less.

    But this thread still belongs in polyass.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    13,433
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    To focused on fleek to see the irony
    The single o on the “to” here was quite appropriate.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    4,617
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The single o on the “to” here was quite appropriate.
    the best part about our tech cunt overlords is how they think “grade school English teacher” is a skill set that’s respected. Don’t forget to lift the finger on the teacup too, dickwad.


    Now run along and sniff some athlete jock

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    11,811
    Shot in the arm or Bullet in the head.
    Thin the fakkin herd

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    EMTALA

    Must treat everyone?
    Not anymore. Fuck that shit.

    Hippocratic Oath? Fuck that shit.

    All you supersized fat fucks can die

    All you smokers and drinkers can die.

    All you skiers can lie on the mountain with broken bones and no patrol and no Hospital care since you were being reckless.

    Let’s just go full retard. Cull the herd.
    Hey CS, have you ever heard the term 'whataboutism'? If not, look it up because that it what you are engaged in.

    You see, the problem with your example about fat fucks, smoker fucks and hurt skiers/MTBers is that it assumes a normal status of the healthcare system. That's not the case right now. Not sure if you are aware but there is a navy carrier hospital anchored near New Orleans because their hospital system is overwhelmed with your dumb fuck unvaxxed friends. That's the current situation. I happen to believe that those unvaxxed people should be back of the line for care.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,202
    I’m sure we will eventually see a civil suit related to someone knowingly going to a work or public setting with symptoms and someone getting sick and racking up serious bills. It seems like the key in all of the prior cases is malicious intent.

    Companies are already shielded from civil liability for failing to protect their workers from COVID if I recall.

    The simultaneous reaction of “restrictions are suppressing my freedom” and “I can’t be held responsible” are quite telling about the convictions of certain people

    I have to agree that criminalizing it in some fashion seems like a horrible idea.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Coast of the East Coast
    Posts
    7,293
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I think faux news should get busted the same way the tobacco companies did. Their product is killing their customers and the Murdoch's know it.
    Almost all unvaccinated people I know consider themselves more Liberal than Conservative. How do you explain that?
    I am not seeing any particular party or news watching patterns that point to Vax or non-Vax.
    I think a big part of the problem was the rhetoric during the election. Many libs don't seem to trust the Vax because it was created under Trump.

    I have less and less empathy for non vaccinated adults every day. We just got our 14 year old her first shot.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    6,248
    Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Almost all unvaccinated people I know consider themselves more Liberal than Conservative. How do you explain that?
    I am not seeing any particular party or news watching patterns that point to Vax or non-Vax.
    I think a big part of the problem was the rhetoric during the election. Many libs don't seem to trust the Vax because it was created under Trump.

    I have less and less empathy for non vaccinated adults every day. We just got our 14 year old her first shot.
    I mean, either you don't hang out with the mouth-breathers much so you don't have a representative sample, you're an idiot, or both?

    Look up the numbers.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Coast of the East Coast
    Posts
    7,293
    There is a lot to discuss in this article alone.
    1st hit on the Google:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-unvaccinated/

    Love to have a real discussion about this, but when I share what I am experiencing, here in THE EPICENTER of Covid mayhem, you immediately go to name calling and insults. That is really tiring. I have no agenda. Why do you?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    13,433
    Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Almost all unvaccinated people I know consider themselves more Liberal than Conservative. How do you explain that?
    I am not seeing any particular party or news watching patterns that point to Vax or non-Vax.
    I think a big part of the problem was the rhetoric during the election. Many libs don't seem to trust the Vax because it was created under Trump.

    I have less and less empathy for non vaccinated adults every day. We just got our 14 year old her first shot.
    Uhh... well, you have a strange anecdotal observation that doesn't align with the overwhelming majority of this country. Sure, there's more to it than partisanship but the idea that it isn't a primary factor is laughable.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    6,248
    Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    There is a lot to discuss in this article alone.
    1st hit on the Google:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-unvaccinated/

    Love to have a real discussion about this, but when I share what I am experiencing, here in THE EPICENTER of Covid mayhem, you immediately go to name calling and insults. That is really tiring. I have no agenda. Why do you?
    The article you linked to explains that right-wing partisanship explains an overwhelming amount of the anti-vaxxers?

    The numbers are what they are, man. RTFA. Jesus fucking Christ.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,824
    How long before another dexter thread goes polyass?

    This one is doomed.

    Can we get some thread drift about vax manufacturer immunity from lawsuits?
    Thanks Ronnie raygun zapppp
    “I’m a subhuman jizz monkey”

    Thx mods. It’s an awesome signature.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,202
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...don-t-n1277354

    Mississippi threatens fines, jail time for Covid patients who don't isolate

    Mississippi's top health official Friday threatened jail time for people diagnosed with Covid-19 who don't isolate in their homes.

    State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs issued an "isolation order" that states, "All persons residing in Mississippi must immediately home-isolate on first knowledge of infection with COVID-19."

    Failure to do so could result in fines and jail time. Dobbs' order mentions two possible levels of violation. One, a refusal to obey a health officer, comes with a $500 fine and, possibly, six months behind bars.

    But the order says that where a life-threatening disease is involved in a refusal to obey, violators could face a fine of up to $5,000 and possibly five years behind bars.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    4,823
    I fully expect a question regarding vax status in my insurance paperwork when I re-enroll next cycle…. Premiums will go up for the un-vaxed.

    Like smoking or being obese… Not getting a vaccine is not a pre-existing condition.

    $1500 / day ICU stay vs $40 poke in the arm.

    Insurance companies like money…


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    11,217
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...don-t-n1277354

    Mississippi threatens fines, jail time for Covid patients who don't isolate

    Mississippi's top health official Friday threatened jail time for people diagnosed with Covid-19 who don't isolate in their homes.

    State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs issued an "isolation order" that states, "All persons residing in Mississippi must immediately home-isolate on first knowledge of infection with COVID-19."

    Failure to do so could result in fines and jail time. Dobbs' order mentions two possible levels of violation. One, a refusal to obey a health officer, comes with a $500 fine and, possibly, six months behind bars.

    But the order says that where a life-threatening disease is involved in a refusal to obey, violators could face a fine of up to $5,000 and possibly five years behind bars.
    It seems more reasonable to just require everyone in Mississippi to stay in Mississippi. Indefinitely.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I fully expect a question regarding vax status in my insurance paperwork when I re-enroll next cycle…. Premiums will go up for the un-vaxed.

    Like smoking or being obese… Not getting a vaccine is not a pre-existing condition.
    I could see companies continuing to waive cost sharing for patients who have the vax but end waivers for those who don't.

    Health plans are already ending cost sharing waivers and more expected to do so through the end of 2021.

    https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...tients-in-2021

    And that assumes people have health insurance at all. What about the "I'm healthy, I don't need health insurance" people who choose to go without? I imagine there is significant overlap with conservative anti-vaxxers. That is some significant cost borne by the hospital or public.


    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    It seems more reasonable to just require everyone in Mississippi to stay in Mississippi. Indefinitely.
    Build that wall....around the entire south

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,824
    Well, delta airlines is charging $200 a month for health insurance. Penalty for unvaxxed
    “I’m a subhuman jizz monkey”

    Thx mods. It’s an awesome signature.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    8,020
    Personal responsibilities during a pandemic ≠ personal responsibilities NOT during a pandemic
    Your decision to get or not get vaccinated ≠ your decision to treat or not treat your cancer

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nhampshire
    Posts
    6,670
    @warthog - here's some data on unvaxxed via polling https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1277514

    I'd also look up vaccination rates in different states and correlate to voting/demographics. Most of the unvaxxed are white Trump enthusiasts. There's definitely a drop between white and minority, but not as severe as that.

    For those too lazy to click (btw can't find n or other details, but looks reasonably solid)
    All adults: 69 percent
    Men: 67 percent
    Women: 71 percent
    18-34: 63 percent
    35-49: 58 percent
    50-64: 71 percent
    65+: 86 percent
    Whites: 66 percent
    Blacks: 76 percent
    Latinos: 71 percent
    Urban residents: 79 percent
    Suburban residents: 67 percent
    Rural residents: 52 percent
    White evangelicals: 59 percent
    Democrats: 88 percent
    Independents: 60 percent
    Republicans: 55 percent
    Republicans who support Trump more than party: 46 percent
    Republicans who support party more than Trump: 62 percent
    Democratic Sanders-Warren voters: 88 percent
    Democratic Biden voters: 87 percent
    Biden voters in 2020 general election: 91 percent
    Trump voters in 2020 general election: 50 percent
    White non-college grads: 60 percent
    White college grads: 80 percent

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Goods Department
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Take your authoritarian wet dreams to polyass.

    This is a fucked up idea on so many levels, and I say this as a vaxxed person.
    This snowflake was steeped in the American legal system "sue everybody" mentality.

    If that's the case, why haven't we done this same (dumb) shit with the flu? There is a yearly flu shot to take. The flu kills 30,000-60,000 Americans annually.
    Skiing in the rockies is like 70's porn

    Lots of bush

    Some wood

    No faceshots...

    -Mtnlion

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    @warthog - here's some data on unvaxxed via polling https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1277514

    I'd also look up vaccination rates in different states and correlate to voting/demographics. Most of the unvaxxed are white Trump enthusiasts. There's definitely a drop between white and minority, but not as severe as that.

    For those too lazy to click (btw can't find n or other details, but looks reasonably solid)
    All adults: 69 percent
    Men: 67 percent
    Women: 71 percent
    18-34: 63 percent
    35-49: 58 percent
    50-64: 71 percent
    65+: 86 percent
    Whites: 66 percent
    Blacks: 76 percent
    Latinos: 71 percent
    Urban residents: 79 percent
    Suburban residents: 67 percent
    Rural residents: 52 percent
    White evangelicals: 59 percent
    Democrats: 88 percent
    Independents: 60 percent
    Republicans: 55 percent
    Republicans who support Trump more than party: 46 percent
    Republicans who support party more than Trump: 62 percent
    Democratic Sanders-Warren voters: 88 percent
    Democratic Biden voters: 87 percent
    Biden voters in 2020 general election: 91 percent
    Trump voters in 2020 general election: 50 percent
    White non-college grads: 60 percent
    White college grads: 80 percent
    You are linking to a NBC POLL...which doesn't even come close to the CDC reported stats. Linking to those for the people that care to see official data rather than POLLING:

    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...min-rate-total

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    13,709
    Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Almost all unvaccinated people I know consider themselves more Liberal than Conservative. How do you explain that?
    That's a bunch of bullshit. By your link in your subsequent post, ppl who identify as "Conservative" are 6x more likely to be unvaccinated.


    I am not seeing any particular party or news watching patterns that point to Vax or non-Vax.
    I don't think you're clear on what you just read [and linked]. Happens. Nobody is born with an innate ability to interpret stats, esp when the statisticians take great pains to use language designed not to inflame passionate Tea Party knuckleheads.


    I think a big part of the problem was the rhetoric during the election. Many libs don't seem to trust the Vax because it was created under Trump.

    I have less and less empathy for non vaccinated adults every day. We just got our 14 year old her first shot.

    My sister's daughter has zero plans to get her, her husband, or her 3 girls [oldest is 15 and the twins are 7] vaccinated. She trusts her Facebook circle/"news" feed more than medical science.
    Her husband is a mud engineer on a gas rig, they both voted for Trump, because they live in Mississippi and are white. Neither went to college.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nhampshire
    Posts
    6,670
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    You are linking to a NBC POLL...which doesn't even come close to the CDC reported stats. Linking to those for the people that care to see official data rather than POLLING:

    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...min-rate-total
    Which I called out as polling. Also point out where the CDC data shows political affiliation and other items. It's a point of data, likely mostly accurate. NBC News/WSJ is a B+ pollster according to 538, so solid practices and methods that lead to good statistical reliability.
    Also, data wise - this shows adults at 69%, CDC data is at 73 one shot and 63 for both - as it splits the difference and people are generally unreliable - looks good directionally.
    Note also that this data could move either direction by 5 points (which is a huge fucking swing) and the story doesn't change.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Which I called out as polling. Also point out where the CDC data shows political affiliation and other items. It's a point of data, likely mostly accurate. NBC News/WSJ is a B+ pollster according to 538, so solid practices and methods that lead to good statistical reliability.
    Also, data wise - this shows adults at 69%, CDC data is at 73 one shot and 63 for both - as it splits the difference and people are generally unreliable - looks good directionally.
    Note also that this data could move either direction by 5 points (which is a huge fucking swing) and the story doesn't change.
    Its up to the reader to decide for themselves how to interpret the data without due influence from me.

    CDC collects gender and age and if provided by the person getting a vaccination, race. They do not ask stupid things like political affiliation, who the person voted for, what color pants they are wearing, where they prefer to vacation, nor any other moot items of personalization....the CDC is about data and science...not narratives, politics, etc. Any comments of my opinion on the CDCs agenda or NBCs, again...are moot. I just linked to the data which is actually collected and not polled.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •