Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Collegge

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Wait, there was a divorce?

Or did the spell just break?
    Oh man, the poor guy had a tough run as far as I can remember. Bought a 60k jag, slapped some prominently placed Potter schwag on it, married a girl he just met, bought a house, promptly got a divorce, sold house, sold car, took a hit on trade-in due to Hogwarts decals (likely at least), and then vanished. Hope the guy is doing better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Oh man, the poor guy had a tough run as far as I can remember. Bought a 60k jag, slapped some prominently placed Potter schwag on it, married a girl he just met, bought a house, promptly got a divorce, sold house, sold car, took a hit on trade-in due to Hogwarts decals (likely at least), and then vanished. Hope the guy is doing better now.
    He's shown up since then. I think he even remarried.

That's too bad. I recall the relentless, albeit very funny, jokes about the Potter stickers on the Jag, but it seemed like he took it in stride/wore it as a badge (cloak?) of honor.

IIRC, didn't he buy the Jag after divorcing some crazy-lady in the first place?

If he's gonna insist on driving that stickered-up Jag going forward he's gonna need Poonam's stick to beat off all the trim it attracts, crazy as they may be.

Or a charm, that could work too.
    I still call it The Jake.

I think you guys are both correct - there was another marriage in there. Maybe two.

Two drops for Cloak of honor, Bmills

I think the Cloak of Honor, together with Poonam's Stick, when combined with the Jag make for the ultimate wizard, the master of death.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    It is time to revisit this. I just finished my third meal from Roost and have come to some conclusions. Their chicken is good, but of the three offerings (regular, nashville hot, and sweet heat), sweet heat is far and away the best. It has a depth of flavor unlike any chicken I have ever had. Nashville hot comes in a distant second. It relies too heavily on its kick and lacks actual flavor. The regular chicken is bland, plain and simple. It has hardly any seasoning. Overall, the meat is above average. It is tender and fairly moist. The breast offering is an excellent size with a hearty portion of meat on the bone.

Where the really fall short is on their sides. They are fucking tiny. With the 2 piece meal, you get 2 sides. On my first visit nearly two weeks ago, I tried to order mashed potatoes and okra. They were out of mashed potatoes and still are to this day. Very disappointing. I instead settled on mac n cheese and okra. The okra was like some oreida frozen aisle shit. The mac n cheese was alright at best and consisted of about a dozen macaroni. The fries, while good, come in equivalently diminutive portions. The biscuit which comes with each meal is basically a jimmy dean kinda deal. Not very good at all.

It is also a 30 minute wait at minimum.

Overall, I am very pleased with the chicken but cannot overlook the sides and wait conundrums. If they were more expedient and had better sides, I think it would be an excellent meal but at this time I cannot give them more than a 6.5/10. I recommend they hire a black grandmother as a consultant for their side dishes. That would lead to simple and major improvements.

Have you tried salt?

As a kid, I remember my dad always getting an order of fried gizzards whenever we went to the Churches in Zion, Ill. I still don't know what a gizzard is and I'm still not eating one...guess I'll just die with one less life experience.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Is this the MD wanna be(PA) that talked shit every post ?

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Have you tried salt?

As a kid, I remember my dad always getting an order of fried gizzards whenever we went to the Churches in Zion, Ill. I still don't know what a gizzard is and I'm still not eating one...guess I'll just die with one less life experience.
    It's that organ in a bird full of rocks - does the digestive heavy lifting. And yeah - you're right not to eat that shit.

After submitting my application to the room change waitlist yesterday, I followed up with the dorm director a few minutes ago and he agreed to approve the change and move forward with finding me a new place. A new place not in Langford.

Suffice to say, the multiple conversations the RA and I have had with gamerboy have had little impact on his pattern of behavior. He hasn't showered since the breakthrough 9 days ago and still games into the wee hours of the morning. Still haven't witnessed anything resembling him doing work or studying.

I will have the opportunity to meet with current occupants of rooms with availability on Monday which is huge. Definitely want to get a sense of how they feel about a +1 and whatever else I can glean from our interactions. As of now, the only dorms with availability are North and South Hedges. Honestly, I could not care less. Anywhere, with almost anyone other than gomerboy, is an improvement. Things are looking up. Hopefully this is the beginning of some sort of social life.

Free at last, free at last, thank god almighty I am free at last.
    swing your fucking sword.

Good thing, you're next to the fitness center and Town and Country. Bad thing is you're in a Chicago housing project style high rise.

Good for you though, that guy sounds disgusting. Trying to live around that and go to school is not the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Good thing, you're next to the fitness center and Town and Country. Bad thing is you're in a Chicago housing project style high rise.

Good for you though, that guy sounds disgusting. Trying to live around that and go to school is not the way to go.
    Thanks man. I’m fkn stoked.

And yeah, they are basically projects, I’d like to think of it as the slums of Shaolin.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

After submitting my application to the room change waitlist yesterday, I followed up with the dorm director a few minutes ago and he agreed to approve the change and move forward with finding me a new place. A new place not in Langford.

Suffice to say, the multiple conversations the RA and I have had with gamerboy have had little impact on his pattern of behavior. He hasn't showered since the breakthrough 9 days ago and still games into the wee hours of the morning. Still haven't witnessed anything resembling him doing work or studying.

I will have the opportunity to meet with current occupants of rooms with availability on Monday which is huge. Definitely want to get a sense of how they feel about a +1 and whatever else I can glean from our interactions. As of now, the only dorms with availability are North and South Hedges. Honestly, I could not care less. Anywhere, with almost anyone other than gomerboy, is an improvement. Things are looking up. Hopefully this is the beginning of some sort of social life.

I think you just passed your first college class with flying colors. Conflict resolution without involving mommy/daddy. Now move on to next level stuff like banging redheads while your next roomy is in class without getting crabs.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    I think you just passed your first college class with flying colors. Conflict resolution without involving mommy/daddy. Now move on to next level stuff like banging redheads while your next roomy is in class without getting crabs.
    i'm not out of the woods yet. i still have to get through the weekend without committing a violent crime against the motherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Agreed, but there s nothing stopping him from shitting in a pringles can and leaving it under his bed before he goes.

Agreed, but there s nothing stopping him from shitting in a pringles can and leaving it under his bed before he goes.
    my cousin had an interesting proposal. apparently there is some component in a gaming PC that burns out every once in awhile. if i can locate, extract, sabotage, and put it back, it will be a PITA financially to replace and he will never know anything. as great as that sounds, i'm not that big of an asshole. i think i'll just shit in a pringles can.

Take a shit inside his gaming computer.

nice, right on his hot graphics card so it cooks

i'm not out of the woods yet. i still have to get through the weekend without committing a violent crime against the motherfucker.
    Go backpacking.

my cousin had an interesting proposal. apparently there is some component in a gaming PC that burns out every once in awhile. if i can locate, extract, sabotage, and put it back, it will be a PITA financially to replace and he will never know anything. as great as that sounds, i'm not that big of an asshole. i think i'll just shit in a pringles can.
    I wouldn't hit him in the pocketbook, but petty scat play seems to be very inbounds.

Does your school have little post office-like mail cubbies for every student (or am I dating myself?). I signed up a roommate for every free women's hygiene sample imaginable, along with a subscription to the local NAMBLA chapter newsletter. Every time he went to get his mail it was absolutely bursting with tampons.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Take a shit inside his gaming computer.
    actually i think i'll just do this.

I'm sorry you ended up with my son as a room mate. Last fall he did exactly that while whining about hos room mate partying too much, coming back drunk at 3am, and getting COVID so they both had to be quarantined. He had n95s and had to wear them in the room all the time because he knew room mate was not taking any precautions anywhere.

Anyway, for the benefit of everyone at the college, my kid got a single dorm room in in a cheaper residence hall this year. So far so good and best of luck to you finding a more scholastically productive living arrangement :-)
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'm sorry you ended up with my son as a room mate. Last fall he did exactly that while whining about hos room mate partying too much, coming back drunk at 3am, and getting COVID so they both had to be quarantined. He had n95s and had to wear them in the room all the time because he knew room mate was not taking any precautions anywhere.

Anyway, for the benefit of everyone at the college, my kid got a single dorm room in in a cheaper residence hall this year. So far so good and best of luck to you finding a more scholastically productive living arrangement :-)
    Thanks man. Glad things are working out for yer kid. Sounds like they put opposite ends of the spectrum together with his situation last year. Tell him to get off the PC and get on the hill!

Leave 1/2 a can of opened tuna under the bed when you leave. Buddies did that to another room before spring break one year. They had to air the place out for several days to get it back to normal. You could chalk it up to "must have forgotten to cleanup after yourself"

We had a roommate that used a space heater to keep his room at 80+ degree in the morning because he didn’t like to be cold getting dressed after a shower. He often forgot to turn it off before going to class. We had multiple talks about it but he wouldn’t change or kick in more for electric. A couple of roommates carefully opened up the heater and snipped a wire inside. Last we saw of the heater was when he gave it to his mom to get repaired because it stopped working and he didn’t know why.