Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1214

Thread: Collegge

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    “Jack off” is the idiomatic phrase
    imho, off correctly sticks with its partner & goes before horse

not a English Lit major tho, so looking forward to hearing the correct usage from TRG’s in-house lexicographer
    So the jack off goes before the horse? Legit.

just focus on rhythm, on the horse. don't worry about grammar, college boy. and try not to make direct eye contact, geez.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Petition to change handle to Jack H. Orseoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Tell me where/how you changed the heading under Mazderati to "on to a five-year plan" and consider it done, except that it will likely be Jack A. Orseoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    FIFY. You earned those letters buddy and you should be proud of your life choices.
    This is how I imagine progression in writers rooms. High five. But not with that one hand.

I love TRG.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    attempt to marry well kid
    Best advice in this entire thread

Boom.

A+ giffage.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    A+ giffage.
    Super sexy!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

This is how I imagine progression in writers rooms. High five. But not with that one hand.
    I didn't take Animal Science 15 - Introductory Horse Husbandry, but I'm pretty sure that job requires both hands.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    I didn't take Animal Science 15 - Introductory Horse Husbandry, but I'm pretty sure that job requires both hands.
    You must be a stem major being able to deduct that from a short sentence. A liberal arts guy would still be debating the philosophical aspect of artificial release vs. natural release for weeks. Possibly followed by months of guilt about the conclusion they made if they went to a Catholic school.

Collegge

I skipped ahead a little, but Digital Humanities is the buzzphrase for any humanist that wants or needs to implement tech in some form or another. There are more humanities-specific opportunities than ever to learn scripting, web design, GIS, etc.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

You forgot the NSFW tag, ya filthy animal

My neph got a BA in sports communications and worked summers in construction putting in gunite pools. So 20 years later he's Sr. VP of a construction company making bank. Funny how it works out sometimes.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    For what its worth my one buddy is an ER doc in Denver, paid off all his loans in less than 3 years, now fucking banks, and is seemingly always in Hawaii, Mexico, Aspen etc for 10 days at a time. Dude worked his ass off did a Baltimore residency and figured it the fuck out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    ER doc seems like the way to go.
    Yeah. You can get a week a month vacation
    All year long.

But your work hours suck. The stress level is insane.
    I don’t know how they do it. The excitement of saving lives must be insane. But the crush is crushing. It’s not healthy. They need to be paid more.

But. As an ex lawyer. I recommend law school. Not to be a lawyer. But to figure out how not to be a barista.
    . . .

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Yeah. You can get a week a month vacation
    All year long.

But your work hours suck. The stress level is insane.
    I don’t know how they do it. The excitement of saving lives must be insane. But the crush is crushing. It’s not healthy. They need to be paid more.

But. As an ex lawyer. I recommend law school. Not to be a lawyer. But to figure out how not to be a barista.
    Idk man 300k+ for 36 weeks of work is pretty fucking good.

Pretty sure I could spend a lot of that in the other 16 weeks hahahaha...

For what its worth my one buddy is an ER doc in Denver, paid off all his loans in less than 3 years, now fucking banks, and is seemingly always in Hawaii, Mexico, Aspen etc for 10 days at a time. Dude worked his ass off did a Baltimore residency and figured it the fuck out.

And yet bone docs make $500k
    Ortho pays more. And it’s all scheduled. Daytime work. No one in distress and dying.

Single coverage ED when three ambulances show up in the middle of the night is not fun. From what I’ve been told. They should be paid more. Not just for the education but also for the stress.
    . . .

My daughter is a PA so I'll relate her experience in the ER:
    It's all about dealing with people seeking opioids. The ER is nothing like what you see on TV (maybe in Chicago it is?). She hated the weekend Dave Matthews Band was at SPAC...dealing with ODs constantly. She finally found a job in the career path that she had wanted since junior HS and is quite happy. Becoming a PA has far lower debt load (27 months of grad school and you're working) but getting into PA school is far more competitive than getting into med school. And there's literally no way you can do it with a liberal arts degree unless you have significant real world experience (EMT, Special Forces Medic, etc.).

Have a good friend that is an ortho surgeon. Guy is brilliant and got the Navy to pay for his education. He makes big $$ but you'd never know it talking to him. He tried to recruit my daughter to work in his practice. She didn't like the brutality of what those guys do. Also, you have to be a top 0.5% to even get into that field.

I suspect the youngblood docs tend to start out working ER as attending because that's where most of them do their residency training.. They're already familiar with that environment and the staff and get promoted to attending docs. They find what they like most after a few more years there and move on to that or stay there..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I suspect the youngblood docs tend to start out working ER as attending because that's where most of them do their residency training.. They're already familiar with that environment and the staff and get promoted to attending docs. They find what they like most after a few more years there and move on to that or stay there..
    More pay the more competitive the residency. My sister a doc and they share horror stories of residency applications these days. Kids coming out of med school apply to 15-20 residencies just like college apps and creates a shitload of work for the evaluators. Most don't have a chance of matching to places they apply but hope and prayer... ER residency is relatively easy to match, secure job with predictable(grueling) hours with mid grade(MD range) pay. The well paid specialties are super competitive unless you're willing to live in undesirable areas.

Jesus, how is it possible to have a fulfilling and enjoyable life without being a doctor nowadays? If you can't be an ER doc I guess you might as well pull the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Jesus, how is it possible to have a fulfilling and enjoyable life without being a doctor nowadays? If you can't be an ER doc I guess you might as well pull the plug.
    Just marry well and enjoy......

These guys have such a raging hard on for doctors I don't think they could get it up for her no matter how much money she had.