Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Collegge

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Weird flex in a college advice thread XXXer.

Just sayin.
    He's been kinda talking to himself in circles for the last year or so, I think he might need to get out of his town for a bit for his sanity.

I don't have any great advice, but that's never stopped any of us from giving it. Go in with your eyes open, take some classes you wouldn't think of. Not something you hate, but lots of things are more interesting than you'd think.

Also if you're in the dorms find some friends with parents/siblings nearby so you can have some better food but don't overuse the welcome, help clean up, offer to cook there, trade for yard work. Personally I aimed for moms and older sisters but it was also about the food, Filipino, southern Mexican, Greek, and Japanese.

Bring some things from home to share, not everything is sold everywhere. I had a busy white bring back barbeque from Texas every time he did the drive, I usually brought a suitcase with 45lbs of assorted beers to share, a buddy flew home with lobsters for a dinner once.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    He's been kinda talking to himself in circles for the last year or so, I think he might need to get out of his town for a bit for his sanity.

I don't have any great advice, but that's never stopped any of us from giving it. Go in with your eyes open, take some classes you wouldn't think of. Not something you hate, but lots of things are more interesting than you'd think.

Also if you're in the dorms find some friends with parents/siblings nearby so you can have some better food but don't overuse the welcome, help clean up, offer to cook there, trade for yard work. Personally I aimed for moms and older sisters but it was also about the food, Filipino, southern Mexican, Greek, and Japanese.

Bring some things from home to share, not everything is sold everywhere. I had a busy white bring back barbeque from Texas every time he did the drive, I usually brought a suitcase with 45lbs of assorted beers to share, a buddy flew home with lobsters for a dinner once.
    This is an excellent piece of advice SUF, bring some Cackalacky to MT. Any way you can.

I loved learning about the “good stuff” from other people’s hometowns, they’ll love yours too, no matter how lame you may think it may be.
    I still call it The Jake.

This is an excellent piece of advice SUF, bring some Cackalacky to MT. Any way you can.

I loved learning about the “good stuff” from other people’s hometowns, they’ll love yours too, no matter how lame you may think it may be.
    i'm talking 2 bottles of chic fil a sauce and 3 cases of cheerwine. too bad Bojangles doesn't travel well.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    i'm talking 2 bottles of chic fil a sauce and 3 cases of cheerwine. too bad Bojangles doesn't travel well.
    This is a good start.

Any Petey Pablo CDs packed?

This is a good start.

Any Petey Pablo CDs packed?
    I only fuck with the local-est of rappers (save for Wu Tang and Dr. Octa, of course). Shout out Lil Mae$$ (I swear, he is actually a pretty good rapper by todays standards), Fat Dave, and Honcho Spoon.

Don’t forget your Gravediggaz CDs too.

majoring in snow science, hoping to go to law school for environmental law. GPA definitely matters in my case. probably need at least a 3.4.
    Good. Someone needs to sue alll the motherfukkers setting the world on fire.

Check this place out for me, mmmk?

http://roostfriedchicken.com/
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Check this place out for me, mmmk?

http://roostfriedchicken.com/
    I will give it a try for sure but goddamn, it is expensive. I don't know, I am going into it skeptical. I can get 8 pieces of chicken and 4 biscuits from Bojangles for $14. I don't know about no $11.50 2-piece meal.

Welcome to the Gentrified West, young Padowan.

BTW…Bojangles?
    Popeye’s, motherfucker…Popeye’s

(I’ll meet you in Billings, Kalispell, or Missoula)

https://locations.popeyes.com/mt/bil...outhgate-drive
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

BTW…Bojangles?

(I’ll meet you in Billings)

Popeyes...this guy.
    It comes down to this: a Bo's franchise that has their shit dialed makes for arguably the best fast food there is. Granted, not all franchises have their shit dialed so you gotta weed out the bad apples. And for anyone traveling through Charlotte who wants to try some Bojangles, the one on concourse B has their shit moderately dialed. The one on E does not.

Watch out for hydraulic turtles. I don't know what they are or what they look like, except that they probably have some relationship to regular turtles even if it is abstract. And I don't know if they are good or bad. But if they offer to get you high, you should probably check it out at least once. So definitely watch out for hydraulic turtles.

SUF- sounds like you’ve got a solid plan, fun undergrad program followed by a good graduate degree. Stay focused but have fun.

One thing I’ve always wondered about was going the fun undergrad followed by grad school. I went straight into a 5 year architecture program that was brutal from day one. About 150 started freshman year and 65 of us made it to sophomore year. Don’t get me wrong, I did get plenty of partying in but missed a lot due to class work. Missing Pearl Jam/RHCP at Landmark theater still stings. I got maybe 5 ski days in for all those years, but it was Labrador/Greek Peak so I wasn’t missing much. I’m sure I learned a lot more in 5 years than I would have in a graduate program but it was a rough way to start out.

Stay focused, stick with your plan, and have fun. Although as you learn and see more, don’t be afraid to change your plans if something else interests you more. It’s your life, you want to enjoy your career.

Popeyes...this guy.
    It comes down to this: a Bo's franchise that has their shit dialed makes for arguably the best fast food there is. Granted, not all franchises have their shit dialed so you gotta weed out the bad apples. And for anyone traveling through Charlotte who wants to try some Bojangles, the one on concourse B has their shit moderately dialed. The one on E does not.
    Did you just recommend airport food?

Chick-Fil-A is great no matter what airport.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I would suggest getting laid a lot.
    and dont catch and release or cull the keepers

and the serenity prayer thing works in things other than sobriety
    haz fun git sum
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

then take a year or two before postgrad to go to go to Yurp or something.
    Do this during school- it will NOT be the same when you have to worry about paying rent, visas, etc. Study abroad, if done correctly, can be almost 90% travel. The schools over there do not require attendance. You show up, get your assignments for the semester, and then it is on you to come to class to get knowledge, or to self teach. As long as you hand the assignments in, you are good. IF you are taking REAL classes pertaining to your major, this is tough. IF you are taking BULLSHIT filler classes that MOST take freshman year, you are traveling and writing papers in your off time. You could literally ski Cham for weeks and never go to class. Serious.

BTW…Bojangles?

(I’ll meet you in Billings, Kalispell, or Missoula)

popeyes is the lettuce burrito of fastfood, grease intestinal distress and regret without even a frisson of fat high.

Popeyes...this guy.
    Just got done with a roadtrip and did my yearly Bo fix. Cajun Biscuit add egg add cheese. Once or twice a year is all the body can handle.

Perhaps you can get SFB to write your first English 101 paper?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    popeyes is the lettuce burrito of fastfood, grease intestinal distress and regret without even a frisson of fat high.
    That shit does make me sick for sure. The red beans and rice and biscuits are pretty good but not worth the yelllow puppy shits they cause.

Popeyes...this guy.
    All true. Bo > Popeyes. One of the things that I look forward to when visiting the folks.

My son the connoisseur says Raising Canes beats all when its dialed.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Perhaps you can get SFB to write your first English 101 paper?
    I propose a SFB writing contest, kinda like the annual Hemingway short story competition. SFB as the judge of course.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

RC is indeed pretty good, but I’ve also got some of the worst shits in my life from eating there. Worth the risk? Probably.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums