Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Collegge

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Yeah, then they'll wanna put you at inside or outside center. Or mebbe fullback.

Slightly higher risk of getting clocked, but you have to realize the bbc report you cited is for pro rugby union players, where like in the NFL, speed and hits are magnified. In college you're dealing with mostly slower less athletic opponents.
    Fair point but as much as I really want to, it just doesn't seem like a good idea.
    swing your fucking sword.

no. go skiing

Norseman's right (as usual).

As much as I loved college rugby, it did fuck me up to the point that I have to ski with bilateral knee braces.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Yes, he does go to class as far as I can tell. That is the only time he leaves the room. I’m pretty sure he still hasn’t showered.

We are going to have a conversation tonight. If, after a few days, I still can’t get any sleep, I’m gonna go to the housing director and do all I can to get moved. I feel like this is the best course of action as it will show I have been proactive in trying to make things work.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Absolutely a bad idea. Colleges now run on the principal that whoever brings the complaint forward first is the aggrieved party. If you talk, he gets upset, then complains about you, you are screwed. Careful now.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    SuF… PM me an address and I will send this to you for free.
    I feel like he should just post the address here and we should all just start sending him random useless stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I feel like he should just post the address here and we should all just start sending him random useless stuff.
    I am tempted but this sounds like a good way to get swatted or kicked out of school.

Yeah, then they'll wanna put you at inside or outside center. Or mebbe fullback, depending on your other skills.

Slightly higher risk of getting clocked, but you have to realize the bbc report you cited is for pro rugby union players, where like in the NFL, speed and hits are magnified. In college you're dealing with mostly slower less athletic opponents.
    Hell fucking no. I played college rugby (wing, outside center, fullback). Do not do this shit with a history of head injuries. Are you fucking crazy?

Fuck no.

Hell fucking no. I played college rugby (wing, outside center, fullback). Do not do this shit with a history of head injuries. Are you fucking crazy?

Fuck no.
    You give sound advice regarding my health and safety but just two posts prior advised that I share my personal address with strangers online.

My kid walked away from a back up goalie spot on the Cornell lacrosse team to play club rugby. I asked him why and he said the lax coach wanted him to change his major to get to practice on time and the rugby team had a keg by the bench. I'd never seen the game played until watched the kid play once. It was confusing and after the game I asked what his job on the team was and he said "Not get hurt".
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I am tempted but this sounds like a good way to get swatted or kicked out of school.
    Can you post the address to Harry's storage unit and we can start sending things there?

Fuck no.
    Yeah you're right. As is Norseman.

I can't remember if I got more drain bamage from the actual matches or the after-parties.

So, you guys are seriously recommending rugby to a guy with a history of TBIs who is trying to remain sober? Yeah, that just screams "good rugby candidate", lol.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Shoot the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So, you guys are seriously recommending rugby to a guy with a history of TBIs who is trying to remain sober? Yeah, that just screams "good rugby candidate", lol.
    Seconded.

A lot of these same guys were also suggesting that SUF have the redhead girl with the possible crazies come out to his dorm. That's going to go real well. s/

SUF: If the roommate is making it harder to hang with the community, talk to the guys in the next room and go get dinner with them.
    Also, instead of risking head injuries and sobriety with the Rugby team, join the outdoors club. They'll subsidize gas money and such. And the chicks in that club are going to dig your wilderness medicine and SAR experience. https://msuoc.org

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Sure why not? College is all about making bad decisions and fondly reminiscing about them later.

Do I really need to put in the /s?

I mean, for all the bad advice the collective have given over the years, Patrick and Max have survived okay. And glade has grown up to be a fine, um, misanthrope.

...gawd teh TRGs have gotten soft...

Sure why not? College is all about making bad decisions and fondly reminiscing about them later.

Do I really need to put in the /s?

I mean, for all the bad advice the collective have given over the years, Patrick and Max have survived okay. And glade has grown up to be a fine, um, misanthrope.

...gawd teh TRGs have gotten soft...
    My biggest fear in life is growing up to be like Glade.

Aw, I'm gonna guess he's a softie teddy bear IRL. He's just super jaded from hanging out here too long during his formative years.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    Also, instead of risking head injuries and sobriety with the Rugby team, join the outdoors club. They'll subsidize gas money and such. And the chicks in that club are going to dig your wilderness medicine and SAR experience. https://msuoc.org
    I ain't interested in doing Zoom meetings. I'm looking into the Outdoor Rec program. http://www.montana.edu/outdoorrecrea...eadership.html
    I like the sound of it, though I'd probably have to stick to the rental shop since I'm planning on doing fire next summer.

I ain't interested in doing Zoom meetings. I'm looking into the Outdoor Rec program. http://www.montana.edu/outdoorrecrea...eadership.html
    I like the sound of it, though I'd probably have to stick to the rental shop since I'm planning on doing fire next summer.
    I didn't realize they had two outdoor programs. Sign up! There will be way more chicks in outdoor club than at Rugby team. Rugby chicks will drink you under the table (not good for your sobriety). And I think they are all Lesbian, or perhaps they were just politely trying to decline my advances.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    I didn't realize they had two outdoor programs. Sign up! There will be way more chicks in outdoor club than at Rugby team. Rugby chicks will drink you under the table (not good for your sobriety). And I think they are all Lesbian, or perhaps they were just politely trying to decline my advances.
    Yeah, not really sure why they have two. Just sent in my resume.

In other news, my roommate just powered down his PC and got in bed. Maybe now that we actually have class he will get in bed earlier. Still gonna talk to the housing guy tomorrow though.

You give sound advice regarding my health and safety but just two posts prior advised that I share my personal address with strangers online.
    What’s your point?

But the thing about trying to change roommates is, the only openings for other rooms to move into are going to be in rooms where the current occupants are also having the same troubles that you’re having. Just moving to another room is not going to guarantee that you’re not gonna get another of the exact same type of fucking roommate that you just tried to get away from.

My biggest fear in life is growing up to be like Glade.
    Benny and glade road trip. I'd pay 37 bucks to see the video tr.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    id double down to $74
    if the kracken drives em
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

$137 if they do it on a bus with the entire ECRC on a rainy winter weekend and no stopping for soup.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang