Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1214

Thread: Collegge

Go back to MSU and don't fuck up. Try hard, get A's, ski every other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    According to his earlier post, he was asked to leave. Not sure he can get back in?

+1

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    College got much more college-y after I stopped updating this thread. Much partying, many booze, too many nights stumbling around main street. And even some womens.

Second semester is when things got really good. I quit going to class, skied every day, partied every night. Somewhere along the way I was relocated from the dorms to on-campus apartments. Then I was asked to take some time away from the institution. I ended up couch hopping before settling in with two other friends who were also asked to take time away from the institution. It was all really fun until it wasn't.

Now I'm back in NC for a few months, working a shitty second shift job that pays well and fishing my days away. I fucking love it. I pissed away a year of education and tuition but I learned a whole lot of shit more valuable than credits. I actually have an idea of what I want to do with my life, how i want to do it, and pretty solid determination to make it happen. I made a bunch of friends, got some decent turns, jumped through some tables, landed some good fish, played a lot of die, saw some amazing places, and had way too much fun. Now its time to start life. And still do some of that shit.
    v page bump v

I'm pretty sure black lung is coal dust, but there are plenty of other toxins that can poison you.

I'd say go fishing until October --

take the subaru - flying is just going to make you dependent on others for transportation
    ( you can sleep in the subaru )

roll on, -face.

skiJ

Here I am, on my break from stacking 100lb cases of meat under fluorescent light while inhaling warehouse dust that will almost certainly lead to black lung somewhere down the line. We might finish at 3am if we’re lucky. All I can think about while whipping around on that pallet jack is how I have to come back tomorrow and do it again. I can’t escape the thought of the next shift, and if I do somehow forget about it for a moment, my back sends a sharp reminder shooting up my spine. This isn’t what I want to be doing. It doesn’t feel like what I should be doing. I’m ready to start doing the things. I’ve got some savings in the bank and a bunch of airline miles built up. Where do I go?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Alaska!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    According to his earlier post, he was asked to leave. Not sure he can get back in?
    Asked to take time off. I can go back in January if I choose.

swing your fucking sword.

I’m planning on doing so, but I’ve got some time until then.

So is the entitled white boy first world problems thread?

Christ almighty.

Do you know how many people would kill to have the opportunity you have? Go ahead and piss it all away and whine like a bitch about it.

College in Montana? Dude you fucked up. Working night shift in a fucking factory like some loser.

The old farts around here have their heads too far up your ass to tell you the truth.

Collegge

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRox View Post
    So is the entitled white boy first world problems thread?

Christ almighty.

Do you know how many people would kill to have the opportunity you have? Go ahead and piss it all away and whine like a bitch about it.

College in Montana? Dude you fucked up. Working night shift in a fucking factory like some loser.

The old farts around here have their heads too far up your ass to tell you the truth.

You must be new here. A lot of this forum is comprised of entitled white boy first world problems threads. This one is no exception.

And yer damn right I fucked up. And yer damn right I’m working a shitty night shift job in a warehouse like some loser. I fully realize I’m pissing away a fuck ton of opportunities in doing so. That’s why I framed the situation as such with the hope of getting the collective’s guidance in doing something cool before I go back to school.

Not for nothing but you’re too young to be doing what you’re meant to be doing. At this point in your life, You’re just meant to do something until you do the next thing. Bank some money. Have some fun. Don’t blow everything up. There’s no obligation to make every single day some epic adventure. If you can’t just chill for now and absolutely need to burn your miles, Alaska is a good choice. Be polite to the locals.

A clearing your head trip could be a good idea. Fun and cheap, get away. PNW water trip? At least it’s cool there. Enjoy it because it sounds like you got some work ahead. Maybe you learn better from mistakes. I do, sometimes
    Good luck dude.

Asked to take time off. I can go back in January if I choose.

You managed to do in one semester what it took me 2 years to do the first time I went to college, although I wasn’t asked to leave. I dropped out and eventually ended up working in a blue collar union job in a machine shop. Working a true 40+ hour a week in a machine shop on the graveyard shift, running jack hammers and grinders taught me a lot of discipline that I was certainly lacking in school.

When I eventually went back to school several years later, I was resolved to treat studying like a job, and it was a relative breeze compared to the first time I went.

Good luck in your journey.

Shitty jobs are great motivators.

The hard part if you go back to school is what major, what career. It takes a while for most of us to figure out life.

If you don’t go back to school, maybe get a hydraulic license. Excavation in summer, snowcats in winter. First tracks.
    At least there’s no fluorescent lights.

Black lung. Heh.
    Maybe find the right dust bunny. A good woman can change your life.
    Or. Fuck it up completely.
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Don't know much about history
    Don't know much about the shape I'm in
    There ain't no manual to our minds
    We're always looking baby all the time

But no we won't find it rolling around on the ground
    And it ain't at the bar where I am, where you are
    I took a puff on a cigarette, saw what I get
    An invigorating fix and a black lung

You think you're tired, put your face in my place
    We swap faces and I see you're tired
    It's hard to think with a squashed brain and
    Let's hope that don't leave a permanent stain

The obvious answer is: start smoking crack. All you worries will go away.

Or plan B go to Japan and become a tentacle sex robot Designer. There is no third option.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Actually, inventing a hydraulic sex turtle seems to be in his wheelhouse and could be quite profitable

I’m planning on doing so, but I’ve got some time until then.

Work your guts out for a bit and stack some paper.

Then when the weather cools a bit spend a month on the AT to clear your head. It’s in your backyard and I don’t have to tell you that fall in the Smokies is about as good as it gets.
    I still call it The Jake.

This whole saga is why I plan on encouraging my kids NOT to go to collegge straight outta HS. It takes time to find ones self. I don't care if it's via military service, Peace Corps, volunteer work anywhere, or picking up a trade. Maybe have them help me out more on the family farm, learning all that entails including wrenching on tractors and heavy equipment, loading cattle, or slinging hay bails. There are a LOT of life skills to catch up on in between grade school and university (IF they choose the Uni route), so I'd rather they figure their crap out first so they can take college seriously before I waste $$$.

My point being SUF, it will indeed be good for you to take a break and center yourself. Figure out what you want in life and orient yourself toward that aim. I say find a cause with a purpose bigger than yourself and spend some time doing that. Ever consider volunteering with an organization that will take you places? I've had friends who have volunteered on Mercy Ships off the African coast, helped bring medical supplies to Amazonian tribes and poor Central American countries with Amigos de la Americas, and many more. Had a buddy drill water wells in poor, remote African villages. There are tons of opportunities to help the world in very personal, meaningful ways, and you're at the very best stage in your life to do something like that. Can be life changing. Just food for thought. Best of luck, bud! Hang in there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Have you considered relocating to beautiful southern VT to pursue your academic interests? Caselton University is a short drive to Killington and Pico and not far from world class skiing at Magic Mountain. Students can visit Downtown Rutland for a rich mixture of entertainment, shopping, and dining, and the greater Rutland region is home to a bowling alley, performance venue, museums, a year-round farmers’ market, hiking and biking trails, and an array of signature events. The Killington Region provides students with an abundance of outdoor recreation opportunities throughout the year, including hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, tubing, gondola rides, golf, and more.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

What
    Would
    Saucer
    Boy
    Do?

NVMD, you already did that. +1 to take a gap and try again in a year. Only problem is that I've had several friends who backed themselves in to a corner doing that to the point that joining the military was the best way out of the hole the found themselves in. Seriously though, that actually worked out really well for some of them.. That discipline and routines lifestyle clicked and they did well in college after that... with a good portion of it paid for..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Have you considered relocating to beautiful southern VT to pursue your academic interests? Caselton University is a short drive to Killington and Pico and not far from world class skiing at Magic Mountain. Students can visit Downtown Rutland for a rich mixture of entertainment, shopping, and dining, and the greater Rutland region is home to a bowling alley, performance venue, museums, a year-round farmers’ market, hiking and biking trails, and an array of signature events. The Killington Region provides students with an abundance of outdoor recreation opportunities throughout the year, including hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, tubing, gondola rides, golf, and more.
    Not to mention the ample supply of heroin.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    If this isn’t paid copy then the SOVT tourism board, or Dex and Buttah, owe you big time.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post

My point being SUF, it will indeed be good for you to take a break and center yourself. Figure out what you want in life and orient yourself toward that aim. I say find a cause with a purpose bigger than yourself and spend some time doing that. Ever consider volunteering with an organization that will take you places? I've had friends who have volunteered on Mercy Ships off the African coast, helped bring medical supplies to Amazonian tribes and poor Central American countries with Amigos de la Americas, and many more. Had a buddy drill water wells in poor, remote African villages. There are tons of opportunities to help the world in very personal, meaningful ways, and you're at the very best stage in your life to do something like that. Can be life changing. Just food for thought. Best of luck, bud! Hang in there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    +1

You’re at an age where it’s very easy to volunteer for these types of organizations. They’re much harder to get into later on in life. I got to say the time I spent in the military after high school really made a huge difference in helping me understand what it is that I could do, and what I wanted to do with my life.

If you’re considering doing something good like that SUF, you don’t even have to far far. Growing up I did Appalachia Service Project 3 summers in a row rebuilding houses for Appalachian poor.

You would not believe the poverty that is hidden down some hollers, or how absolutely rewarding the work was.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Work your guts out for a bit and stack some paper.

Then when the weather cools a bit spend a month on the AT to clear your head. It’s in your backyard and I don’t have to tell you that fall in the Smokies is about as good as it gets.
    I like this idea. There's something to be said for sticking close to home if you can stand it. Being able to call dad to help out if you break down on the side of the highway (or something else) is helpful. Lets you save more money and miles too.